Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LGN-76

What DOOM games and/or stuff did you get for Christmas?

I got PSX DOOM and PSX Final DOOM as well as SNES DOOM, which completes my personal DOOM collection minus the Season Pass for DOOM 2016, which I have to get for both PS4 and PC... :P

On a related note, my cousin's baby boy got a toy CHAINSAW from Santa last night (He's only 2!), and not only that, it looked strikingly similar to the chainsaw we all see in good 'ol DOOM!

I have the two Doom 3 novels and a Doom art print from The Pixel Empire coming my way. c: Not sure when exactly they'll arrive, but hopefully they show up before the end of the year.

Yeah, I just got Doom 2016! My family member asked if there was anything I wanted, up to $20. It happened to be on sale on Steam for $19.79, so you can put two and two together. Merry Christmas! :D

The only one I got was a T-shirt, with the famous Doom box art, illustrated by Don Ivan Punchatz.
I still miss him... :(

roadworx said:

i would've gotten doom 4, but my computer can't run it ):

I have a 2.83 GHz Quadcore Processor, 5 GB of RAM, and an HD 5670 512MB GPU. Odds are, your computer isn't as bad as mine unless it's ancient. Somehow, I can run Doom. On lowest, with a less than stellar framerate but, hey, better than nothing.

MetroidJunkie said:

I have a 2.83 GHz Quadcore Processor, 5 GB of RAM, and an HD 5670 512MB GPU. Odds are, your computer isn't as bad as mine unless it's ancient. Somehow, I can run Doom. On lowest, with a less than stellar framerate but, hey, better than nothing.

i have a gt 220
4gb of ram
and my computer is from 2009

roadworx said:

i have a gt 220
4gb of ram

Oh! But I use a Lenovo laptop with 16 GB of RAM, Intel Core i5 processor, alongside a GTX 970. That's enough for running the game for me, and it runs really smooth as well!

roadworx said:

i have a gt 220
4gb of ram

Yeesh, sorry to hear that man. Here I thought 'I' had the worst specs around here.

For my birthday (which is relatively close to Christmas), my friends got me a Steam copy of the new Doom. My "rig" is an old Lenovo laptop with GT750m, a middle of the pack i7, and an external monitor at 1920x1080. I had to run Doom on low everything, resolution scale 50%, and a 1600x900 resolution to get my 60fps, but still finished the game nonetheless.

I treated myself to a copy of 'Masters of Doom'
gotta say its a fantastic read so far.
Would love to have been in the office to have seen Romero's face when he booted up 'Dangerous dave in copyright infringement'

Hyper Blitz III said:

Heretic + Hexen Collection from Steam. They're fun

I got that from the Steam Sale as well, in addition to Strife Veteran Edition. It is indeed fun! Now I own every (official) game that ran on the DOOM Engine...