Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

What happened to Olivia after she became the spiderdemon?

She's dead, let's face it. You say she turned into the SM. The SM got BFGed in the face by by Doomslayer. What Doomslayer kills, stays dead. But if id keeps her alive, then it's basically beating a deadhorse.

Voros said:

She's dead, let's face it. What Doomslayer kills, stays dead. But if id keeps her alive, then it's basically beating a deadhorse.

Well my original question was asking what happened after she turned into the demon, not if she was still alive after the doom marine killed her.

It's an interesting question though. What DOES happen to demons killed by the doom marine? Are they reborn back in hell or do they just cease to exist?

I wouldn't be surprised if Livvy makes a return in the sequel. Hell, I would be even less surprised if id decided to have her reluctantly team up with Doomguy to take down Hayden, because he wouldn't let her die otherwise.

One thing I noticed was that whenever the DOOD confronted Olivia (or Samuel as well I guess) he just sat there and watched her do stuff, he never goes out of his way to murder them. In a couple of instances the DOOD could have easily smashed some glass to wring her neck, or just simply shoot her when she was in front of him (same with Samuel in his encounters, but I don't know if the DOOD would want to kill him)

What if the DOOD never wanted to kill Olivia, maybe he saw a way of redeeming her lost mind and possibly saving her (that helps the theory of Jesus being the DOOD btw). He was reluctant to kill VEGA, he even created a spare of him even though vegan was created by the cult and corrupted by argent.

In my theory I think the DOOD is a bit of a softie and is trying to save all non demon entity

Doomslayer's rage is towards demons. Maybe he thinks he won't have to kill them, because they aren't demons. But that doesn't mean he will listen to them, unless it's something helpful (the beginning sequence with Samuel's introduction on the monitor, wasn't probably helpful for the cause). Doomslayer is not a mindless killer, else, everyone would be dead. He's got some morality in him.
Heck his rage against the demons is because they turned his son into an Icon of Sin.

I don't think the icon of sin is the betrayer's son. The way the sentence in that codex is structured makes it sound like the icon of sin was release upon the people of Argent so they would suffer for the wages of treachery.

"For his payment, the Betrayer's son was returned to him in our form, and the Icon of Sin was brought upon the heathens. His vengeance was swift and merciless, for the wages of treachery are suffering." the way I read it, it sounds like the demons returned the betrayer's son deformed and demonized, and since the wrath protection of the Argent realm was destroyed by the betrayer and Deag Grav, the Icon Of Sin was unleashed upon Argent D'Nur.

Edit: also I don't think the son is Doomslayers. If it was the doomslayers son I'm pretty sure the codex would mention that fact since he is such a big deal in hell. Hell would want the legend to be "our greatest enemy betrayed his own crew to have his son resurrected."

BluePineapple72 said:

I don't think the icon of sin is the betrayer's son. The way the sentence in that codex is structured makes it sound like the icon of sin was release upon the people of Argent so they would suffer for the wages of treachery.

"For his payment, the Betrayer's son was returned to him in our form, and the Icon of Sin was brought upon the heathens. His vengeance was swift and merciless, for the wages of treachery are suffering." the way I read it, it sounds like the demons returned the betrayer's son deformed and demonized, and since the wrath protection of the Argent realm was destroyed by the betrayer and Deag Grav, the Icon Of Sin was unleashed upon Argent D'Nur.

Edit: also I don't think the son is Doomslayers. If it was the doomslayers son I'm pretty sure the codex would mention that fact since he is such a big deal in hell. Hell would want the legend to be "our greatest enemy betrayed his own crew to have his son resurrected."

Been saying this for a long time, ppl are assuming he is the betrayer's son because of the sentence structure but it may not be that at all

hardcore_gamer said:

Well my original question was asking what happened after she turned into the demon, not if she was still alive after the doom marine killed her.

It's an interesting question though. What DOES happen to demons killed by the doom marine? Are they reborn back in hell or do they just cease to exist?

We dont know. And i think your question was answered, she became a demon and got utterly destroyed

In Samuel's case, you can choose to fire at him but he's got a shield that prevents you from harming him and he tells you to not waste your ammo. As for not shooting Olivia, he probably just didn't want to gun down a human.

MetroidJunkie said:

In Samuel's case, you can choose to fire at him but he's got a shield that prevents you from harming him and he tells you to not waste your ammo. As for not shooting Olivia, he probably just didn't want to gun down a human.

Wait, you can shoot at him? When?

He could have shot Samuel yes, but since shooting him is up to player choice it could be inferred that the DOOD doesn't want to shoot him. Why? Every single time the DOOD expresses any character is through scripted interaction (or gameplay you could argue). For example, iD purposefully scripted the computer smashing screens to show the fuck you to Samuel, and the fiat bump on the toyslayer. In both instances of meeting Samuel, the DOOD could have easily gunned him down if he wanted to, there was no way for him to tell that he had shields until actually shooting him. After killing the mastermind he could've tried to big fucking gun Samuel out of existence, but he deosnt, he just stands there.

(As an extra tidbit, the only time doomguy puts his gun down for an extended period of time was when he was in Samuels office, I'm guessing that shows the respect and manners in the DOOD, he could've just had his gun out the whole time waving it around, instead he had the respect to put it into his infinite pocket. Just a thought)

Edit: adding to the second paragraph the DOOD actually put away his gun. What do I mean? When ever you walk into a wall in the game your weapon will go into a position where it isn't pointing into the wall. Whenever you usually see friendlies in other video games you just put your gun down to the point where you can still see it. The DOOD actually puts his current weapon away into a place where you can't see it. If iD wanted to, they could have programmed it in such a way where when you enter Dr.Haydens office you put your gun into a docile position, but they made him actually put it away. Good attention to detail if you ask me (if it was deliberate)

BluePineapple72 said:

He could have shot Samuel yes, but since shooting him is up to player choice it could be inferred that the DOOD doesn't want to shoot him. Why? Every single time the DOOD expresses any character is through scripted interaction (or gameplay you could argue). For example, iD purposefully scripted the computer smashing screens to show the fuck you to Samuel, and the fiat bump on the toyslayer. In both instances of meeting Samuel, the DOOD could have easily gunned him down if he wanted to, there was no way for him to tell that he had shields until actually shooting him. After killing the mastermind he could've tried to big fucking gun Samuel out of existence, but he deosnt, he just stands there.

(As an extra tidbit, the only time doomguy puts his gun down for an extended period of time was when he was in Samuels office, I'm guessing that shows the respect and manners in the DOOD, he could've just had his gun out the whole time waving it around, instead he had the respect to put it into his infinite pocket. Just a thought)

Edit: adding to the second paragraph the DOOD actually put away his gun. What do I mean? When ever you walk into a wall in the game your weapon will go into a position where it isn't pointing into the wall. Whenever you usually see friendlies in other video games you just put your gun down to the point where you can still see it. The DOOD actually puts his current weapon away into a place where you can't see it. If iD wanted to, they could have programmed it in such a way where when you enter Dr.Haydens office you put your gun into a docile position, but they made him actually put it away. Good attention to detail if you ask me (if it was deliberate)

He puts his gun down in Samuels office becouse Samuel had instaled the security system in his suit.Interdimensional tether.He says that right when u enter as well as he appologies to u.Same reason why u are powerless at the end.So u are basicly powerless in that room.
Also Samuel will only react to shooting with shotgun in the first few seconds when u see him.Doomslayer has absolutly no respect for Samuel he just wants to stop as much as he can even if it looks like playing by Samuels rules most of the time.

Doom Slayer is probably smart enough to realize that hey, the guy's a dick, but he's the head of the operations here, so maybe shooting him in the face isn't the smartest option, as he needs him to access parts of the UAC facility he doesn't have access to, as well as leading him to the actual threat (Olivia opening a permanent gate to Hell.) doesn't explain why he doesn't at least try to smash the glass open when Olivia is drawing power to the Argent Tower though, maybe he assumes it's too thick to break through and can't do anything about it.

i don't think the tether has anything to do with Doom Slayer being unable to whip out his guns in his office, he puts it away of his own will. it's at the end he can't fight back because the tethering is keeping him immobilized and unable to retaliate.

Was the DOOD being held back by the tether though? It wasn't really clear that he was being "chained" down by the interdimensional tether device, although it would've been AMAZING had he been, because it would've mirrored the opening of the game where the DOOD was chained up to his sarcophagus. Having it clear that he was being restrained would've made a great way to complete a character arc for the DOOD by having him go from a naked man chained to a stone table to a dude in power armor with an unstoppable arsenal. Having the restraints be made clear, it would have helped us rememebr where we started on our story and the journey it took to get to the end (that is if he was being restrained by the tether)

Edit: (I think it would've been epic if the DOOD rose his arms up to break out of the tether just like he did in the beginning, that would've been great)

bedbug182 said:

yeah, shes gotta be dead.
The next story will have us chasing down the Doc

What I don't get is why humanity, at this point in time, never managed to find any kind of energy alternative to Argent Energy. I don't want to create any kind of debate regarding types of energy but I would think most of us can agree that using Hell, the most evil and vile dimension in all of existence, to power your light-bulbs is suicidally stupid.

MetroidJunkie said:

What I don't get is why humanity, at this point in time, never managed to find any kind of energy alternative to Argent Energy. I don't want to create any kind of debate regarding types of energy but I would think most of us can agree that using Hell, the most evil and vile dimension in all of existence, to power your light-bulbs is suicidally stupid.

Humans are suicidally stupid.
We crawled out of the oceans and fought over tribal god images.
Look how far we've come..........

bedbug182 said:

Humans are suicidally stupid.
We crawled out of the oceans and fought over tribal god images.
Look how far we've come..........

Weaponizing Demons, for a brighter tomorrow!

MetroidJunkie said:

Here is the reason:

It's a silly ass story. Written by people giggling as they wrote it.

Sig said:

Here is the reason:

It's a silly ass story. Written by people giggling as they wrote it.

This. Did you listen to the AI holograms? The story doesn't take itself even remotely seriously.

hardcore_gamer said:

Do you think she just died, or perhaps became more like Betruger and was merely promoted into hell's ranks by being turned into a powerful demon?

She ded, BFG argent plasma bolt to the brain does that.

MetroidJunkie said:

There's really no incentive to research other forms of producing energy given that UAC is supplying dirt cheap Argent Energy to Earth and all known colonies. Besides the UAC probably buys up any newborn technology to keep it from becoming competition.