Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Why Are You Looking At My Butt

Hooray! For those of you who like using free level editors that run on Linux and Windows, then you'll be happy to know a new version of Why has been released. What's new in this version you ask? Well, I'll tell you, loyal reader type person. Improved usability and stuff! Yay! Mainly things like scroll bars and view port dragging and a bunch of other neat stuff that I'm not totally sure what it is, but it sounds cool! Cool things rule!

Why won't work for me :( When I select and IWAD (doom2.wad) and click "ok" a message box pops up, saying "No configuration file for IWAD [somepathhere]/doom2.wad". Any ideas how I can fix this?

[edit] I'm using the precompiled version on Linux/KDE3 [/edit]

Tarin: I just put the DOOM2.WAD file right in the WHY directory. Makes it faster to fire up. :) Dunno if that'll help ya, if not sorry.

Rellik said:

Tarin: I just put the DOOM2.WAD file right in the WHY directory. Makes it faster to fire up. :) Dunno if that'll help ya, if not sorry.

I already have doom2.wad in the Why dir.

Hmm, might this error hint at a not fully working Python installation? If yes, how can I check if Python is installed correctly? Running "python" in the console works fine (it comes up with some version number stuff (2.2) and some sort of command prompt).

How do I start a new map? How do I get the grid up so I can start mapping?

The precompiled version uses Python 2.1 (because it's built on Debian). If you have some other version, you'll most likely have to compile it yourself. Email me if you can't get it working.