Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buu342

DoomWare **Open Beta**

Combinebobnt said:

wheres the tspg server

Ain't got one yet. I wanna do a little bit of private testing before I release an actual test server.

Doomkid said:

Hope you're still working on this, I like the idea

Yes I am. I don't have my laptop with me currently so I can't post progress. However I have an open Beta server up, which you can find if you search DoomWare on Doomseeker or IDE

Update is out. 25 new minigames, the two software unfriendly ones have been remade, and there are new effects, details and polish. Minigame count is currently at 69

I used to love the first Warioware game on the GBA. Combining the quick minigame style of that with Doom (and throwing in some references to other Doom wads, a nice touch! Maybe you could throw in Sunlust's map 29 "wheel" in there?) is something I quite like the idea of.

I'll have to play this soon...

After playing a few times on the server, I noticed a few things:

1. The biggest thing is that after the cacodemon Simon game, you become noclip and you can fall off of the platform and walk around outside the map. If that happens, you effectively leave the game. You can still play a few games, but it's still all messed up. Even if you don't fall off the platform, you're noclip for at least another game or two. You can't win races because you won't trigger the finish line. Eventually, things will right themselves though.

2. There is no chocolate to eat, even though you can still win that game.

3. The hurdle game is extremely hard to win as it is now.

4. Same with the 'Spam X' DDR type game. There's no indication of your progress in that game. You don't know if you're winning or not until the game is over and 'You Failed' pops up. Maybe instead of having to spam it, the requirement could just be to press the button or key once.

Ichor said:

After playing a few times on the server, I noticed a few things:

1. The biggest thing is that after the cacodemon Simon game, you become noclip and you can fall off of the platform and walk around outside the map. If that happens, you effectively leave the game. You can still play a few games, but it's still all messed up. Even if you don't fall off the platform, you're noclip for at least another game or two. You can't win races because you won't trigger the finish line. Eventually, things will right themselves though.

2. There is no chocolate to eat, even though you can still win that game.

3. The hurdle game is extremely hard to win as it is now.

4. Same with the 'Spam X' DDR type game. There's no indication of your progress in that game. You don't know if you're winning or not until the game is over and 'You Failed' pops up. Maybe instead of having to spam it, the requirement could just be to press the button or key once.

I swear I thought I had fixed 1 and 2. The hurdles one is being worked on. I'm planning on adding a progress bar to the "Spam X" game. Currently the progress bar is your HP (You have to get to 130), but I didn't make this explicit as I was planning on getting rid of that, but never got around to making the progress bar. Which version of the wad are you running (The filename please, since I have some versions split into A, B, C, D, etc...)

Buu342 said:

I swear I thought I had fixed 1 and 2. The hurdles one is being worked on. I'm planning on adding a progress bar to the "Spam X" game. Currently the progress bar is your HP (You have to get to 130), but I didn't make this explicit as I was planning on getting rid of that, but never got around to making the progress bar. Which version of the wad are you running (The filename please, since I have some versions split into A, B, C, D, etc...)

I can't check at this moment. I started playing it a couple of days ago, so whatever is on the server now is what I'm using.

Ichor said:

I can't check at this moment. I started playing it a couple of days ago, so whatever is on the server now is what I'm using.

Ok please check when you can. I've updated the server a few times over the past few days.

Buu342 said:

Ok please check when you can. I've updated the server a few times over the past few days.

Ok. It should be a couple more hours.

Anyway, some things I noticed:

1. The circus dive game seems to be gone or replaced with the dive in the water game.

2. The survive the grenades game is tough to survive, but it does seem like it can be done. It's just finding the dead spots that's the tricky part. Sometimes, I end up on top of the pylons. Maybe if I jumped at the right time...

3. The count the lost souls is a fun one. Same with the math game. Maybe throw in a non-lost soul or two flying by every once in a while on the harder rounds.

Ichor said:

Ok. It should be a couple more hours.

Anyway, some things I noticed:

1. The circus dive game seems to be gone or replaced with the dive in the water game.

2. The survive the grenades game is tough to survive, but it does seem like it can be done. It's just finding the dead spots that's the tricky part. Sometimes, I end up on top of the pylons. Maybe if I jumped at the right time...

3. The count the lost souls is a fun one. Same with the math game. Maybe throw in a non-lost soul or two flying by every once in a while on the harder rounds.

1) Yeah the circus dive game was completely removed and replaced with that one because the old one was not software friendly, and there was really no easy way of making it so.

2) There are deadspots, I just won't reveal them ;)

3) Great idea, will do!

Buu342 said:

It's 1.6d.

Played this on Zan, is gud

Buu if you'd like I can try .protect-ing the server to prevent it being killed automatically. Server restarts will still kill it but not much can be done about that.

Ichor said:

It's 1.6d.

Damn, sad to hear. Looks like I've got work to do then.

Marcaek said:

Played this on Zan, is gud

Buu if you'd like I can try .protect-ing the server to prevent it being killed automatically. Server restarts will still kill it but not much can be done about that.

I don't seem to have permission to use that command.

Also, the "Spam X" was stolen inspired by this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odTFoXZjpsQ

On the wind game, you don't seem to get blown back when you're jumping.

And in the deathmatch game, there's this:

Man. This is awesome.

Please, fix the bug that you can fell out the lobby. I did it two times. You cant come back untill you get teleported to another mini-game (it works not every time) and you will teleported straight to lobby from this mini-game (it works very rare). Thx.

Yeah it's already been fixed in the version I'm working on. It's got a lot of polish and some new minigames under way.

On 11/27/2016 at 2:03 PM, Buu342 said:

B5FB6sA.png
Based off the video game series WarioWare, DoomWare is a multiplayer minigame wad running on Zandronum, in which the player has to survive and/or complete the tasks of minigames that swapped every few seconds. The longer the game proceeds, the faster and more challenging it becomes.

Currently I've written 69 minigames for this, and am currently planning on releasing this with 100 games as the "Full version". I've been given plenty of suggestions for more by this community so that number might increase and future updates will be given with more content.

A server with the new update coming next week is on it's way.

Images

Reveal hidden contents

The orange text on the top center is to be ignored. It was for debugging and is no longer in the game.
BTChuwy.png
jbpe587.png
8ss6qD5.png
q8Z6o5G.png
6o55pEO.png
8r1Joub.png
aqvRvr4.png
CUNC1lu.png

Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGBta5JqCrs&t=72s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN701SfTdZc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbT_RT0MW4M

ME ME I WANNA TEST

Sorry about a MASSIVE delay on the project's upcoming update. I've had a few unexpectedly busy weeks, mixed with the fact that I've been rewriting some of the wad's code (which broke a lot of things that had to be retested), it's been slow. However I am confident that the update will be coming in the next 2 days. 

Server is up!
149.56.242.162:10761
You can find the server by searching DoomWare Open Beta 1.8

What's new?

• Added 10 new minigames
  • Added Spectating after death by pressing O (or puke 988)
  • Bug fixes
  • Code optimization and shuffling
  • 6 Tie Breaker minigames
  • Small gameplay polishes such as leader hat
  • Lag fixes in certain minigames
Edited by Buu342

The spread sprite thing that shows who's winning gets in my face, un-fair advantage to others. As such mostly when counting souls, playing watch the cacodemon colors like simon says, duck hunt, shoot the targets and mathematics. Just make the flower bob less. Frustrates me to have it in my vision while counting souls.