Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeetyourUnmaker

The best innovative wads/tc's

I'm looking for the best and most innovative wads and TC'S. I.E. maps or conversions that introduce new game mechanics that have lots of gameplay built around those mechanics.

(GoogleTranslate)
-AEOD
-RealGun Advanced & hardcore
-Hideous Destructor
These are bringing weapons possession restrictions, I do not know which MOD was the first time we restricted weapons possession.
From a certain version of AEOD, there are too many weapons. This mod has brought about the game nature of choice choice.
RGH limits the possession of weapons depending on the difficulty level.
Hideous Destructor is managed by magazines of all weapons.
Although there are other excellent points in this TC, we will introduce only weapons limit system as innovation.

-ProjectBrutality
As far as I know, ProjectBrutality is the only MOD that made a big leash on the monster 's randomization function span system which often collapses games.
Adjusting monsters and item drops coming out as the game progresses,
Prevents certain heinous monsters from coming out before they are equipped.
This has the effect of stabilizing game play when playing MOD made for Coop, especially for one person.

-Stronghold
Stronghold is a masterpiece TC of one generation ago with a remnant formula respawn system.
You will protect the human fortress from the side that attacks the devil's fortress and it will prevent the invasion of the devils.
Every element, such as the item purchasing system and the remaining aircraft and defense to build a game system, has been revolutionized and refined.
This high degree of completeness and sophisticated style has been handed down to Blade of Agony, the next work of the development team.

-cold as hell
It is TC which completes with the simple body that I feel about two generations before traveling the world of snow.
The game balance is relatively realistic with a survival horror with its own message system, injury system, reloading system.
Flight progress of the game is one way, but you need to walk around that world and you will receive the impression like SystemShock done outdoors.
It is not a method to clear MAP in order, but a complete search game, the positional relationship of the map is particularly excellent.
Collection items like SystemShock will enhance the atmosphere.

-Dark DooM
It is a MOD that monitors sectors and adjusts brightness. It is not TC.
Sometimes integrated into UltimateDooMVisor, this MOD makes the entire game dark enough to make it invisible and makes it extremely risky.
It is a very powerful one that you can use almost any MAP, if you want a survival horror you should combine Flashlight MOD with other TCs.

HDoom
-one heck of a coding feat, isnt it?

D4D
-same thing here. The work put in here is pretty damn crazy.

Complex Doom
- Randomizes monster varieties (any rev can be 1 of 4 types for example)
- Random weapon drops from monsters
- New weapons
- Powerups drop which can be used later (medkits, armor, ammo packs, invulns, and others)
- Still feels vanilla

Parkour
-A weapons mods that doesn't use ANY extra graphics, only the ones in the IWAD. Walljumping, reloading and altfire modes, minor weapon sprite change (how the fuck did you do that without new sprites, Xaser?) and so on... in one 22 kb PK3 file. That's has to be damn innovative.