Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Byeblothingal 1024

MECHNON2.Wad (travel up)

In this wad you travel up SO many stairs & ramps that its unbelievable that doom engine even allows that kind of range. Doom is the only game engine I have ever made levels for that allows this kind of range. Duke Nukem & ROTT & Chasm of the Rift & Dark Forces didn't even allow 1/2 what the doom engine does in this wad.
MAP HERE;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VClhsW3ogY

You start at -32,768 & run up a VERY long stretched out series of ramps & stairs & sometimes lifts until you eventually get to the 32,708 height at the top. I learned making this map that 3D floors don't work any more below -16,384 & above 16,384 height & that ramps look fucked up at heights below -31,000. Also that the highest a ceiling likes being above a floor; is 32,768 for some fucktoid reason.

Although I am guessing this idea has been tried before; I just wanted to try it myself. It sounded like an interesting enough of an idea to want to actually try & succeed at. It actually took more ideas & thinking than I originally thought it would to pull this shit off. 65,536 is a LOOOONG fuckin way & I had to come up with enough shit to travel that whole distance while still being an actual level & not just nothing but stairs, ramps & lifts.

IF A WAD LIKE THIS WITH THIS SAME THEME HAS BEEN MADE BEFORE; I WOULD LOVE TO CHECK IT OUT! does anyone know of a wad that already goes from -32,768 to 32,768 & if so; what is it called/where can I download it?

Odd that 3D floors have such a limited height compared to other 'normal' sectors. Would love to see the map you're describing, sounds insane (as is every wad you post, but I love looking at them!)

Doomkid said:

Odd that 3D floors have such a limited height compared to other 'normal' sectors. Would love to see the map you're describing, sounds insane (as is every wad you post, but I love looking at them!)

COOL, the download for it is in the description of the video on YouTube at that link in my original post.

Doomkid said:

whats strange is that the 3D floors stop working at exactly HALF of the total height elevation range that doom has to foffer.