Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rellik

WHY editor ideas / suggestions?

I've been using Pate's editor WHY quite a bit lately and I thought up some new space-saving menus for it. Tell me what ya think of the layout (the look is very HTML :p):

The black box number is the what number line it is, textures are placed by highlighting the texture name in the selector box then clicking the tex slot you want it in, and red text is a button leading to another sub menu.

Here's the linetype window, hopefully with the types defined in a text file so that we can add to it manually. :) The sector types would be the same, just with less buttons.

Sectors:

Things:

I was thinking that this is how that data windows should be, the one that runs just behind the map screen. Then if a person wants they can leave it on the screen and stretch the map screen to fill the rest of the space. Then we don't have to right click / hit Edit cuz the menu's always up. :) Meh, I just got real bored the other night and whipped these up. I don't think I forgot anything, did I? So what do ya think? Crap?

So what do you all want in your dream editor? Maybe Pate will hear and like the idea! :-D

If you have suggestions about the menu layout, please do tell me. This is because:

1. I'm not very happy about the current menu layouts.
2. I'll have to rework the menus anyway, when I move to a new version of the GUI library I use.

#2 is also the reason I have not tweaked the current menus too much.

Lower the size of the font and make arrows smaller and stuff. Unless you got a problem with eyesight , it's just taking up too much room.

You can value edit anything. It has been possible with every version of Why. In fact, it was one of my design principles.

999cop said:

OT: Since when can you post more than 3 screenshots?

Since when CAN'T you? Just use discretion when posting them.

Ooops, forgot to add a box to tell ya how long the line is. New linedef window:

Oh, and all the white boxes indicate that you can click them and type in your own value.

I just noticed you can edit all teh linetypes and whatnot in teh cfg files. I'll start playing around with that right now though I should really be working on the new project...

Hey Pate, maybe you could eventually let the user set the font / font size?

bigbadgangsta said:

Since when CAN'T you? Just use discretion when posting them.

Well, if my memory serves right, I can clearly remember Ling has set a rule limiting to the amount of images can be posted 3 at a time since the feature was starting to be in use.

The layout reminds me quite a bit of WADED; I like it. :) I'll never
give up my DeePsea though. :p

The font thing is still a bit br0ken. This is due to Windows and Linux managing fonts differently and also because the GUI library's font documentation is not very thorough. I'll fix that eventually.