Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
4shockblast

Beat Memfis Demos Month

With a new year comes a new beat {insert player here} demos month - this time, as promised last thread, we will wreak havoc to Memfis' demo tables. :)

Choose any current records from here, beat them with the proper source port/compatibility, submit to this thread for those sweet Internet points! FDAs/fail attempts obviously not accepted, but oddball categories under Other and TAS is fine. Like last time, competition is encouraged, and if you beat a demo posted by someone in this thread, you will get a point and the other person will lose their point. I'll keep track of the counts in the OP. Have fun!

Previous thread - 4shockblast

Old threads:

Can't promise I'll participate a ton myself with the lack of motivation I've had for demo recording, but I'll try to post something.

Total demos recorded: 30
Total runs beaten: 28
  Player            Demo count

4shockblast       10
  Veinen            5
  Ancalagon         4
  vdgg              3
  Keyboard_Doomer   3
  Grazza            2
  Ryback            1

So "beat vdgg demos" has to wait, because I play and record similar stuff to Memfis...

Lols, I Am Evil is slowly becoming a hit... I guess noone will do the fifth one though. :p

4shockblast said:

Perhaps for records this short, tic improvements should count for stealing points?

I think you're right. It's not very interesting when someone easily gets a "perfect" time and wins a free point just because he got to that map sooner than others. Also it makes shorter maps obviously much more attractive (just play for some 15 minutes and you get a guaranteed point), which is a bit boring. It would be nice to have some competition in these maps.

How should we define a "short" record, under 15 seconds or something? It's kinda tricky: sometimes 11 seconds in a map is piss easy but 10 is almost impossible, in which case it would perhaps make sense to consider the first 10.xx a winning time.

But on the other hand, knowing that their run might be beaten can make the players hoard their demos? And then everyone will dump all their stuff on the 31st... :p Well, I guess people don't take these months so seriously.

Very nice in Qrumpi Old Men, I didn't realize you can press the switches through arch-viles.

Whaaat, pinkies don't bite you through the chainsaw? I felt the need to hold the down arrow while fighting them, so that when the chainsaw "fails" I can escape. Does it help that you keep moving left-right?

After almost 4 years I still remembered this music. xD

Memfis said:

Whaaat, pinkies don't bite you through the chainsaw? I felt the need to hold the down arrow while fighting them, so that when the chainsaw "fails" I can escape. Does it help that you keep moving left-right?

The pinkies do bite through the sawing, it was just uncommon enough that I could go through the first set without having to get too lucky. I dunno if moving left-right helps, it felt pretty random when they would bite through the sawing.

4shockblast said:

Guess I spent enough time on this wad that this isn't difficult to do. Slowly running out of runs I can beat with minimal effort. :V

THISSUXX UV-Speed all maps in 2:54.

Dang, and you just missed the notable 2016 window.

Hell yeah, finally some maxes! My favorite category. :) In WOS I especially liked the revenant orbit missile that killed that pinky on the bridge.

vdgg said:

Whispers of Satan MAP14 UV Max 8:58

Good run. I remember this map as a rather tricky one