Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

One of the files must contain a GAMEINFO that tells to load other files. If you pay attention, PSXDOOM.PK3 isn't the only one that is loaded several times; that also happens to PSXTCMUS.PK3.

So change your shell script to just

./gzdoom -glversion 2 -iwad doom2.wad -file psxdoom/PSXCUSTM.PK3 psxdoom/PSXWSHUD.PK3 psxdoom/PCHUDAR1.PK3 psxdoom/PSXNMARE.PK3 psxdoom/PCSPDKEY.PK3
and see what happens.

I'm running Linux. The .cmd file would do nothing for me...

Also the way I have the game set up doesn't make it easy for how the tc wants things to be set up.

Spoiler

[IWADSearch.Directories]
Path=.
Path=$DOOMWADDIR
Path=~/.config/gzdoom
Path=~/Documents/doom/wads/

[FileSearch.Directories]
Path=.
Path=$DOOMWADDIR
Path=~/.config/gzdoom
Path=~/Documents/doom/wads/

all the PSXDOOM pk3's are in the psxdoom folder. It worked when gzdoom was 2.2.1, but not with 2.3.0 for some reason.

Also, I would have preferred everything being in small caps (as is everything else in my doom directory) but the game wouldn't allow it.

edit: and before you ask, my gzdoom binary and the shell file are in a different folder from the wads.

edit2: I fixed that issue. I removed the GAMEINFO.TXT from PSXDOOM.PK3, changed the shell file so it only loads PSXLOAD.PK3, which had its GAMEINFO.TXT changed to this:
Spoiler

IWAD = "doom2.wad"
LOAD = "psxdoom/PSXDOOM.PK3", "psxdoom/PSXTCMUS.PK3", "psxdoom/PSXCUSTM.PK3", "psxdoom/PSXWSHUD.PK3", "psxdoom/PCHUDAR1.PK3", "psxdoom/PSXNMARE.PK3", "psxdoom/PCSPDKEY.PK3"
STARTUPTITLE = "PlayStation DOOM Total Conversion"

Of course, even with the warnings issue solved, it still didn't fix the fatal error.
Script error, "PSXDOOM.PK3:sbarinfo.txt" line 13:
Expected identifier but got 'null' instead.
edit: for the record, here is what gzdoom 2.3.0 doesn't like
MugShot "XDeath"
{
	EXP0 4;
	EXP1 4;
	EXP2 4;
	EXP3 4;
	EXP4 4;
	NULL -1;
}
edit2: Commenting out the problematic line did the trick.

You responded to the exact same to me when I reported the same issue a month ago. And it says this TC can work with anything newer than 1.8.6, not that it will only run with 1.8.6.

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1696624

GZDoom will continue putting out new releases and people will more than likely keep hitting this bug since people aren't going to be running legacy versions.

MinerOfWorlds said:

Sorry if this was asked before but keys and weapons aren't getting added to my inventory how can i fix this?

Try using the Lost Levels instead of the of PSX TC. I had the same issue, and that worked for me.

Is it possible to use the music pk3 for other wads?

I've got this setup with gzdoom but it's not working:
[Global.Autoload]
Path=D2TWID.wad
Path=PSXTCMUS.pk3
Path=complex-doom.v26a2.pk3

Technically yes, you can, but you need to do a lot of file editing, the TC plays "psxmus01" for example on Map 1, and its ZMAPINFO file tells it to play that track there. You cant just load up the TC's music file and expect it to work like a midi pack

Got a bug to report.

There's a switch in The Factory that will not activate no matter how many times you use it, which can leave the player stuck. I mean, they could try rocket jumping out but considering where this is in the map (where you get cornered by imps) it's probably not likely.

http://imgur.com/a/1yLbP Screenshots can be found here in case the images don't load up for whatever reason.

Nems said:

There's a switch in The Factory that will not activate no matter how many times you use it

Works for me just fine. Versions that I am on:

TC version: 2.133, file is dated 5/29/15
GZDoom version: 2.0.5.0

Other files being loaded:
PSXLOST.pk3
SmoothPSXDoom.pk3
psx_wide.wad
PSXMUS.pk3
lights.pk3
PSXBrightmaps.pk3

Nevander said:

Works for me just fine. Versions that I am on:

TC version: 2.133, file is dated 5/29/15
GZDoom version: 2.0.5.0

Other files being loaded:
PSXLOST.pk3
SmoothPSXDoom.pk3
psx_wide.wad
PSXMUS.pk3
lights.pk3
PSXBrightmaps.pk3

I guess I should have mentioned what GZDoom version I'm using. Whoops. It's 2.3.2 and the compatibility settings are set to Default. TC version I'm using is whatever is the latest (I think it's 2.134 since I couldn't find 2.135).

Apologies for my absence.

PSXDOOMTC_V235.zip

PSXTCMUS.PK3  seems to have been flaged by mediafire if it dosnt work try this ZIPEDUPPSXTCMUS

Works with GZDoom 2.4.0 32bit+64bit

If you are not using windows, Unzip (THESE FILES) into your GZdoom directory and load PSXLOAD.PK3 first not PSXDOOM.PK3

This is version 2.35 there are quite a few changes including the way music is defined.  No longer named in ZMAPINFO, but LANGUAGE.ENU just like level names.  This allows music packs to be adding without manipulating the ZMAPINFO file.  Unfortunately I had to rename the music tracks so ether re-download the music PSXTCMUS.PK3 or rename the tracks yourself.

There is now a launcher which gives you access to options (old customizer tool) which allows addition of 3rd party pk3’s and wad files without the manipulation of the PSXLOAD.PK3.

All of MG_Man’s hud mods are included the latest being the darker, redder number font from Final Doom and his full screen hud.

MG_Man also mentioned about modifying the 3D aspect ratio to look more like the psx. That’s now in place using the pixel ratio of 0.8 and XScale on all actors set to 0.8, hud weapons have also been shortened.

You can also turn on the pc version of the doom guys mug in the options

There is also a mod in the options that activates software lighting mode as well as using maps with altered brightness levels. The darker the area the stronger the lightening. I believe the results look closer to the PSX.  As of yet, it only affects Doom and Final Doom not the lost levels, as it changes map properties I would prefer to keep it as an option rather than integrate it.  If you like it I will add the lost levels to it.

Added Jaxxoon R’s sound caulking

Mixing lost levels now works with latest release of the lost levels.

There is an official soundtrack inclusion tool which builds a new PSXTCMUS.pk3 from Mr Hodges albums, and includes the bonus

tracks in game, also works with the 25th anniversary edition.

Plus other stuff. Ill update this when I remember them.

Also Lost levels and NRFTL had to be modified to make it compatible with v2.35 here they are. Ill send them over to Eris and DeX to update there downloads.

PSXLOST.PK3

PSXLOSTMUS.PK3

PSXNRFTL.PK3

Update: I noticed a problem with the launcher, if you downloaded it early on the 9th of April you may have problems when including PSXLOSTMUS, It starts up in Doom2, just delete PSXLOAD the replace the PSXDOOMTC.EXE with this FIXEDPSXDOOMTC.EXE

Also put DeXiaZ Lost Levels title track in PSXLOSTMUS.

Edited by ScottGray

Hi and thanks for this release.

Some questions:

- PSXSOUND.pk3 and PSXLOSTVOICE.pk3 are useless?

- PSXLOST.pk3 / PSXLOSTMUS.pk3 / PSXNRFTL.pk3 / PSXTCMUS.PK3 should go in the root directory or in the "mods" directory?

thanks

PSXLOST.pk3 / PSXLOSTMUS.pk3 / PSXNRFTL.pk3 / PSXTCMUS.PK3 should go in the root directory.

am not sure what PSXSOUND.pk3 is, the TC already has psx sound fx.

The launcher automatically detects:  

PSXDOOM.PK3, PSXLOST.PK3, PSXNRFTL.PK3, PSXD64A.PK3, PSXTCMUS.PK3, PSXLOSTMUS.pk3, PSXNRMUS.PK3, D64MUS.PK3

as long as there are in the root directory.

Other PK3 can be added in options, bottom left where it says Add PK3 or Wad files. You can put PSXLOSTVOICE in the root or mods folder or make another folder and stick it in there, as long as its in the directory or a sub-directory of where you are running the game not outside.

PSXD64A.PK3 don't exist yet, It will be the PlayStationisation of Doom64 for Doom2 project.

Something else Iv noticed, sometimes 7za crashes, the launcher uses it to access psxload.pk3. If your trying to add a file and it doesn't work or some other strange stuff happens like it starts to spit out temp files (psxload.pk3.tmp1) close the launcher, start task manger and end 7za standalone. 

Edited by ScottGray

5 hours ago, ScottGray said:

*snip*
PSXD64A.PK3 don't exist yet, It will be the PlayStationisation of Doom64 for Doom2 project.

O_O! Is that really coming!?

Little note: there is a small incompatibility with the minor sprite fix mod: weapon sprites get the wrong offsets and appear to the right of where they should be.

This likely isn't a problem for those who use the provided launcher setup; just for anyone who use their normal GZDoom installation to play it instead.

Another small issue: the GAMEINFO lump for PSXDOOM.PK3 loads... PSXDOOM.PK3. If you manually load PSXDOOM.PK3, then it load itself back and you get a lot of warning messages about duplicate actor classes. Loading from PSXLOST.PK3 or PSXNRFTL.PK3 does not cause this bug.

On 9/04/2017 at 6:45 PM, ScottGray said:

There is an official soundtrack inclusion tool which builds a new PSXTCMUS.pk3 from Mr Hodges albums, and includes the bonus

tracks in game, also works with the 25th anniversary edition.

Argh! I somewhat recently made a few alternate music pk3s for this and Lost Levels, only thing stopping me from posting them was the ZMAPINFO stuff. Guess I wasted my time x.x

Still, nice to have an easier method

16 hours ago, Nrg01 said:

O_O! Is that really coming!?

Yep, its always been planned. Its just that D64ID2 got delayed, stalled, delayed..

small update fixing ssg graphic glitches,

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b5027ebei982unh/v2.135Update1.zip

@Nrg01 Like Devalaous said its been on the cards since the Lost Levels project started, but theirs no guaranteed it will happen, it will take a lot of work to pull off and unless the guys from the Lost Levels get torn into it, it might not materialise.  Am working on a PSXD64 template for whatever brave sole undertakes it.  Ill post it here when it done.  

@Gez The incompatibility with the minor sprite fix mod is caused by the re scaling of the weapon sprites using the textures lump.

Use WadExt to extract D2SPFX18.wad to pk3 then place this TEXTURES lump in there, that should sort it.  I'll get in touch with Revenant100 and ask if I can include it in the project as an option.  The above update also removes psxdoom.pk3 from gameinfo so you shouldn't get anymore loading errors. 

@Devalaous you haven't wasted your time, I for one am interested to see what tracks you paired up with the levels. Just edit a LANGUAGE.ENU with notepad, anytracks not included with the game just drop into the music folder in the Pk3. here is the default tracks in a LANGUAGE.ENU. As far as am aware the music file name must be 8 characters or less and must have D_ at the front of the name.

eg for map01 you would have the flowing entry in the LANGUAGE.ENU:

MAPMUS_1 = "NEWMUS";

That would lookup D_NEWMUS in the music folder.

Write the LANGUAGE.ENU outside the PK3, for some reason if you edit it while with in the PK3 it will not save changes.

you don't have to define all the levels tracks just the ones that you are changing.

I actually made the tracks the exact same bitrate as the one included in the TC, and made one for Doom 64 too. Had three I was going to upload; one that simply restored the music for Subspace, Subterra and Vesperas, one that was a total replacement of the TC versions for Aubrey's official versions, and one that replaced the TC's music with 20th anniversary versions and assigned all his bonus tracks  (They would mostly have replaced the Lost Levels music, since not everyone will have those, or might prefer official Aubrey tracks in their stead)

20 hours ago, ScottGray said:

@Devalaous you haven't wasted your time, I for one am interested to see what tracks you paired up with the levels. Just edit a LANGUAGE.ENU with notepad, anytracks not included with the game just drop into the music folder in the Pk3. here is the default tracks in a LANGUAGE.ENU. As far as am aware the music file name must be 8 characters or less and must have D_ at the front of the name.

eg for map01 you would have the flowing entry in the LANGUAGE.ENU:

MAPMUS_1 = "NEWMUS";

That would lookup D_NEWMUS in the music folder.

Write the LANGUAGE.ENU outside the PK3, for some reason if you edit it while with in the PK3 it will not save changes.

you don't have to define all the levels tracks just the ones that you are changing.

Thanks for that particular info on the custom music. I was refusing to move to a newer TC version because of those changes and I also have custom music and textures put into several Lost Levels stages and slightly altered the order of some levels. My custom textures are inside PSXDOOM.PK3. I have a question since I run an old version which has NRFTL, Lost Levels and all PSX Doom versions included (separate episodes) and I would like to move to a newer one while maintaining all those Doom episodes (is this possible or they are all separated now?). Also I run a batch script to start the whole thing and would like to know which files became deprecated for this release if any. My script ends with: START GZDOOM.EXE +EXEC PSXDOOM.CFG -CONFIG PSXDOOM.INI -IWAD doom2.WAD -file PSXLOST.PK3 PSXLLTitlemap.pk3 PSXLOSTVOICE.pk3 PSXLOSTMUS.pk3 PSXSSG.pk3 PSXFDHUD.pk3 lights.pk3 brightmaps.pk3

I have this problem where everytime I play PSX Doom with the 20th Anniversary Extended Sound Track the tracks end up out of order.

pls help

Edited by BloodRage

Decided to update to the latest version of the TC and I'm very confused about everything in the mods folder. Could you write up a list of what all those files do in some kind of readme file? I prefer not to use launchers or other external EXEs and instead load what I want myself via batch files. If the files are explained in the launcher or customizer I think they should also be in a readme txt.

@Nrg, You can combine LostLevels and NRFTL into the main TC and put in your custom textures, that shouldn’t be a problem, but you would have to combine the zmapinfo files to maintain the episodes, bear in mind there’s also been level fixes, any of the levels you have custom textures in you would have to go through a replace unless you use your older map which may contain problems.

Final doom hud and SSG are already present it the TC and are automatically used when playing a final doom level so extra files are NOT needed, but if your PSXSSG and PSXFDHUD are being used to force the final doom SSG and Hud across the hole game then use this,

START GZDOOM.EXE +EXEC PSXDOOM.CFG -CONFIG PSXDOOM.INI -FILE MODS\PSXFDSSG.PK3 MODS\PSXFDHUD.PK3 MODS\PSXTITL3.PK3

The easiest way to select the mods you want is to use the options ln the launcher then call PSXLOAD.PK3 in your batch script.

START GZDOOM.EXE +EXEC PSXDOOM.CFG -CONFIG PSXDOOM.INI -FILE PSXLOAD.PK3

@BloodRage, if you have renamed the tracks that might cause them to be in the wrong order. If you are not using the albums original zip file then make sure the only files in the directory you input into the tool only contains the 20th Anniversary tracks and make sure they sit in the same order there originally would have with original names.  You also need the PSXTCMUS in the gzdoom directory, the tool need to extract the final doom track and ultimate doom ending from it.

@Nevander Its became mind boggling, a lot of the mods in there are to compensate for conflicting mods. Eg PCWEPKEY sets the weapons key back to original PC order, if you also want PC Aspect ratio then you would need PCWPKEY2 or it would interfere with the PC Aspect ratio mod. There would be no way of knowing that because it was never intended to be used manually.  I can try and put it in a read me but It might be hard to follow. Like I said above The easiest way to select the mods you want is to use the options ln the launcher then call PSXLOAD.PK3 anything the gameinfo file in there doesn't call just add it to your batch.

Edited by ScottGray

6 hours ago, ScottGray said:

@Nrg, You can combine LostLevels and NRFTL into the main TC and put in your custom textures, that shouldn’t be a problem, but you would have to combine the zmapinfo files to maintain the episodes, bear in mind there’s also been level fixes, any of the levels you have custom textures in you would have to go through a replace unless you use your older map which may contain problems.

Final doom hud and SSG are already present it the TC and are automatically used when playing a final doom level so extra files are NOT needed, but if your PSXSSG and PSXFDHUD are being used to force the final doom SSG and Hud across the hole game then use this,

START GZDOOM.EXE +EXEC PSXDOOM.CFG -CONFIG PSXDOOM.INI -FILE MODS\PSXFDSSG.PK3 MODS\PSXFDHUD.PK3 MODS\PSXTITL3.PK3

The easiest way to select the mods you want is to use the options ln the launcher then call PSXLOAD.PK3 in your batch script.

START GZDOOM.EXE +EXEC PSXDOOM.CFG -CONFIG PSXDOOM.INI -FILE PSXLOAD.PK3

Actually I put the custom textures inside PSXDOOM.PK3's main flat and texture folders since the whole TC reads the texture files from there. Unless something also changed inside PSXDOOM.PK3 now...changes changes changes! lol. Thanks, I shall delete the extra files since they're now integrated. I don't really use mods, I just customized the songs and textures/flats to stay true to the PSX atmosphere. Again, huge thanks for the guidance!

Another thing confusing me is the way the loading of the main components works.

Loading the main TC file auto loads the music, which makes sense. However, loading PSXLOST loads PSXDOOM and PSXTCMUS also. I know why it's loading PSXDOOM since Lost Levels is added at the bottom of the episode list, but where does PSXLOSTMUS fit in? It isn't autoloaded by PSXLOST.

Then we get to PSXNRFTL which autoloads PSXDOOM and PSXTCMUS. Why is it loading the main TC again when you should be able to load that after loading PSXLOST so you get the main game, lost levels, and nrftl all at once? IMO even PSXLOST should not autoload PSXDOOM.

Instead PSXDOOM should only autoload the music, then you manually load PSXLOST and or PSXNRFTL after it to add to the episode list instead of this convoluted system where GAMEINFO is constantly loading other stuff by itself. I still don't know where PSXLOSTMUS comes from or what it's replacing if PSXDOOM and PSXLOST both load PSXTCMUS. All this needs to be explained in a readme IMO, just my two cents as a user.

I agree, but the system i had in mind was all the files to load were defined in the gameinfo file in PSXLOAD, non of the other gameinfo files would be needed. This came about because one of the older versions of gzdoom released in 2014 stopped working with the way we loaded up the TC, Its that long ago I cant remember what the problem was but loading from gameinfo file in PSXLOAD instead of the gameinfo file in PSXDOOM fixed it.  There was a readme file explaining some of that stuff but the project was changing that fast back then it seemed pointless, and since then no one ever requested one. As far as am aware PSXLOSTMUS is an extra created by DeXiaz, its not officially part of the lost levels, they have tracks from PSXTCMUS assigned to them.  I ain't in charge of the lost levels and i don't really know how I ended up being responsible for this I just came to add the Final Doom levels.  If you want to make changes and upload a new version feel free. I would prefer integration of the main TC the Lost Levels and NRFTL when its complete into one game to make this simpler but that would need The Lost levels creators approval.

Edited by ScottGray

On 16/04/2017 at 4:03 AM, Nevander said:

Another thing confusing me is the way the loading of the main components works.

Ok think about it like this.  As it was originally intended to be loaded without a separate load pk3.

To play the Lost levels, all you have to do is tell GZDOOM to load PSXLOST, you don't have to tell it to load PSXDOOM first, the LOAD line in its gameinfo file takes care if that. It also has PSXTCMUS because with out it, despite it being in the PSXDOOM gameinfo file, the music would not load.

Adding PSXLOST to the Gameinfo file in PSXDOOM with the intent to only ever call PSXDOOM doss not work. 

NRFTL is a separate add on from Lost Levels, So it can be used without the Lost Levels, so the main TC, and the Music file must be present in it's gameinfo file.