Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShoDemo

Recommend me some WADs

Hello there. First ever post i've done in a forum. So I really love Doom 1 and 2 and I started downloading some wads and mods, just for fun after beating the games on ultra violence (not Final Doom though). One day I came across Back to Saturn X. I have to say that I was blown away by the graphics, even though it's a Doom wad, and the music was really fun. And here is my question. Can you guys recommend me wads like this (of any difficulty) to download? Also, I now play Scythe, which is pretty good too (if that helps somehow).

Thank you esselfortium for answering so fast !!! I'm going to check these out as soon as I can. :D

Doom: Damnation. Playing it at the moment and enjoying the hell out of it.

50 Shades of GRAYTALL. Becomes pure slaughterfest after MAP10 so don't bother with that part. Otherwise, it's rather fun.

edit: yeah, Echelon is rather cool, too, if you can stand the first 7-8 maps.

I just came home ,saw the replies and I have to say that this community is even better than I thought it was. Seriously, I wasn't expecting for even half of these messages in so little time. I can't thank you enough. :) I am downloading all of these wads right now and tomorrow begins a great adventure (after writing my exams in science).

I've seen some of these mods recently as I started watching icaruslives on youtube, but i haven't really tried them out, so I'm going to give them a try. There are still so many great mods that I don't know. Thanks again!

T-rex thanks for the link. I will be checking the top 100 wads. And as for Scythe I should have mentioned that I have finished only the first two episodes which seemed ok and I will be playing the last one soon. From what I guess I will start using F6 (I was used to saving from the menu).

A lot of good wads have been mentioned but I'd like to add Epic 2 to the list. Excellent custom textures and great puzzles combined with challenging gameplay.

If it's named Epic I have to play it. :) And if it has good puzzles, I already like it a lot ( loved the portal games and I don't mind backtracking because of hexen). Generally, I appreciate a mind challenge once in a while and I'll play this wad for sure.

Thanks Doomkid for the addition.I will be downloading these tomorrow. It's 2 o clock right now where I live and I use my phone to write (I am a total psycho staying up this late :D ). So goodnight and see you guys tomorrow.

Roadworx I am downloading the wads from the links you gave me. I've played Action Doom (don't remember which one) and I liked its comic-like graphics. But I need to check the other ones too (only seeing their names, they already seem interesting). Thank you for sending so many of them and have a nice day! :)

Also thank you Voros for the ones you send me. They are a lot. Haven't played Hacx yet but I've seen the Extreme Weapons Pack and it was really funny (especially the animation with the broken nail and the toothbrush).

Finally, I wanted to ask a thing about the forums generally, but it is a little bit out of topic. How do you use in your reply someone's quote in order to make it seem like you answered directly to them? For an example look at T-rex's message, where it says : << Glaice said: For a bigger challenge: Hell Revealed >>. It is a nooby question, but it would really help me out if it was answered.

Glaice said:

What about it? I meant above average difficulty.

he is using t-rex quoting you as an example of asking how to quote in general

Yes, sorry Glaice for not being that clear. I meant to ask how to quote, but I couldn't come up with the word (English is not my mother language). :)

Also, thank you rehelekretep for the picture. I feel really dumb now, when the answer was all the time under my nose.

EvanatorT800 said:

Reelism will keep you entertained for quite a while.

Thanks EvanatorT800. The mod looks interesting with all the crazy combinations that can happen. I will play it, after I finish some wads first. :)