Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kontra Kommando

Slade [No Longer] Keeps Crashing

I was trying to do some simple editing tasks, and all day, Slade has been crashing on me. It started happening with an old version I was using. I updated to the most recent version. However the crashes keep happening randomly when I try to save the file. Sometimes, the save will work, but after a while it crashes Slade, and totally corrupts the file beyond use.

Also, how do you uninstall Slade? I couldn't find it in the uninstall programs in control panel. I downloaded the new file, thinking it would write over it, but I now have both versions simultaneously.

Kontra Kommando said:

I was trying to do some simple editing tasks, and all day, Slade has been crashing on me. It started happening with an old version I was using. I updated to the most recent version. However the crashes keep happening randomly when I try to save the file. Sometimes, the save will work, but after a while it crashes Slade, and totally corrupts the file beyond use.

The stack trace isn't very helpful in the screenshot, however I suggest posting this to the SLADE issue tracker on github here

RTC_Marine said:

The stack trace isn't very helpful in the screenshot, however I suggest posting this to the SLADE issue tracker on github here

Yep, I submitted the error report to them, via slade.

I tried to write a message to the error report as well, however, it automatically sent after I just typed "y" in the message.

Nevertheless, it seems that the new version of Slade released in Sept. 2016 has been stable now. The first time I ran it, it crashed though.

Also, now the older version of slade is no longer the default for the wad files, it now loads of the new version. Nevertheless, it seems to have done that randomly, I didn't make any particular changes for that to happen.