Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GaussMaster987

Rate My Playthrough?

Tbh, I'm just trying to get some views, and some feedback. Aside from the l33t playthroughs like DraQu and that one guy who completed Ultra Nightmare with the Pistol, most playthroughs are pretty casual and half-assed, imo. I really would like to know how common my playstyle is, and get ideas for any other playstyles which I might like. Anyway, here is the first part of my playthrough. I will be uploading the rest of the missions eventually, and in the future, I will also record a Nightmare playthrough.

Edited by GaussMaster987

GaussMaster987 said:

most playthroughs are pretty casual and half-assed, imo.

proceeds to post a playthrough of him taking 14 minutes on map01, checking the map and so on.

Vorpal said:

proceeds to post a playthrough of him taking 14 minutes on map01, checking the map and so on.

I'm a completionist, I wanted to make sure I got everything. I'll be happy to speed through the maps on Arcade Mode, since that is what Arcade Mode is for, but since I haven't recorded my Nightmare playthrough yet, it'll be a while until I record Arcade Mode runs.

Also, loadout options are very limited in the first three missions, so I know my gameplay is not spectacular in the beginning.

MrGlide said:

Your aiming is very stiff, are you playing with a controller?

I am. I grew up on console games, so I could never pick up keyboard and mouse. I do become one with the Shotgun Grenade, once I get the Cluster Strike. However, due to my misguided upgrading choices, you won't see it until Mission 05.

Mission 04 is now up.

And yeah, I really did not feel inspired to aim well, until I got the Cluster Strike. Also, my playstyle does not become whole until I start using Hologram with Equipment Power 2. And I mostly stop using Stun Bomb after Mission 04, and stop using it completely after I realize I can OHK the shield guys with a boosted grenade to the back.

igg said:

Boosted grenade?

Grenade with Equipment Power 2 Rune equipped. Increases damage and blast radius. I wish I knew the actual damage values, but I think it is strong enough to OHK Razers, who have the most HP among the low-tier demons.

Uploaded Mission 06. I used Rockets here as my heavy gun, mainly because this map is littered with them, and Ammo Boost is truly one of the best runes in the game. I had a couple of close calls in this mission, but, I manage to complete the final battle with no damage.