Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deathz0r

i need a 16-bit emulator for WinXP

anyone know where i can find one? i'd love to play DOS games again, especially a certain rare one i recently rediscovered.

Microsoft isn't cool enough to make one, and no one else has had the balls to make one. I bet it'd also be possible to make a good linux based DOS emulator (and I mean one that runs DOS games like DOOM with sound and shit.)

Suggestion: A Win98 (or Win95 or even dos 6.22)/ WinXP double-boot setup. Cant take up more than 300-400 MB. I'd die if for some reason I were forced to install WinXP and couldn't run doom2.

sorry but DOS is not in winXP. that means many programs will not run, or run correct if they have any code that uses DOS. if u get anygames to work count on only 8-bit sound.

either downgrad or do this.
make a small partition on the hard drive 550Mb and higer( depends on size)
you can install a older version of windows, but if u want to only play old games put DOS on. add basic cd-rom drivers and soundcard stuff(if u can find DOS drivers for your sound card)

put all the DOS stuff on there and make a DOS boot disk. boot to DOS with the disk. DOS will only see the partition u made, not the winXP part. now u got a way to play the older games. hey and before u do this u had better know how to really use DOS