Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
termrork

Chellange: A snooker AVJ map

Can you beat it in TAS or even in non-TAS?

http://85.214.149.120/wads/snook01.wad

note:
medium map for skill 1-3, especially with -fast parameter
very difficult map for skill 4-5

edit:
I have tested it with vanilla doom. chocolate doom and prboom should be fine too. No idea about zdoom ports.
Furthermore, jumping is ofc not allowed ;).

Haha, I had an attempt where one of the arch-viles killed himself. :D Faaail.

Here is a better attempt. Skill 3, -fast, comedy end.

Skill 4 seems nuts. Clever design btw! I love how you can fall into holes.

hahaha why only comedy end? playing comedy clown music in the background and making boing sounds whenever you jump over the balls sounds ridiculous xD.
I really like the demo also because it is from you, since because of the current challenge beating your demos I went through all your demos and avj map02 uv came into my mind but could not beat it at all (tried it few days ago)... now there is an avj demo I could beat, even though it is not a valid one xD

Whenever I see a termrork's arc-vile map it doesn't matter how busy I am, I have to play it!
My english lexicon is not perfect, because I didn't know what snooker meant, now I do. It was a nice surprise finding out the map layout, I liked it a lot.
Of course I recorded a demo for it, and even though it's segmented (6 segments) I'm glad of how it turned out, since I did it in 30 minutes.
The first 7 minutes are 1 segment, I didn't want to use segmenting for yellow key, but I did for the other keys. This is definitely possible in no tas, only blue key is a serious problem, the others are quite doable.
Well done termrork!

Here's a link to download the demo (hopefully it's ok how I posted it, I don't know how to post download links like the one Memfis posted)

http://www.filedropper.com/snookseg

impressive demo red! I really like how you can see how you learn to make the jumps :D. more to come via PM. btw I also do not know how the wizard memfis can attach sth like that :D.

edit: if someone is familiar with snooker, maybe someone recognizes the match from which I took the position :) (it is a famous one)?

Red-XII, i like that you took the shortcut to yellow, i thought that's impossible and I was about to give up with my TAS attempt. :D

Here is my run: UV-Speed TAS in 1:16.46

It's been a while since I watched Snooker, but is it a match in which O'Sullivan took part? :D

oh nice memfis, never knew that. last time I uploaded sth outside of the demos section is 6 years ago ;).

@rodster as i told you in irc, really nice demo. and yes

Nice demo rodster, I liked how you did yellow key part!
I know that some parts of termork's arc-vile maps may seem impossible at first, but it's simply due to the fact the he pushes arc-vile jumps to the ultimate limit, which makes it even for challenging but fun.
If you liked this map you should try his megawad, it's all about arc vile jumps.

Ah, thanks Memfis, didn't know about that :)