Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zapzop

Name a wad that deserves a (another) sequel

hell revealed and alien vendentta seens good choices for me.

why it deserves? well the're awsome maps pack filled whit monsters ever not being slaughterish maps its much fun to play.

Memfis said:

Kama Sutra

Isn't this mostly complete just sitting on someone's harddrive somewhere, iirc?

personally I'm still waiting for darkreaver to finish his plutonium winds sequel.

I'd definitely like to see another JPCP. There was so much awesome creativity in the first one, I feel like we've hardly even begun to see what the Japanese community can come up with.

Generally, the term "sequel" probably doesn't mean a lot for Doom maps. Like, I'd love to see another megawad by Z86, but Hellbound has such a generalized, non-distinct concept that it wouldn't really matter whether they called it Hellbound 2 or Binky Goes to Jupiter. Only a few megawads, like Valiant, are concept-driven enough for a sequel.

That said, it would be great to see some of the most unique individual levels from megawads expanded into mapsets that explore the ideas more, like what an_mutt is doing with Return to Necropolis, or like how burabojunior is using Water Spirit to expand on ideas from a couple of their JPCP maps. I don't necessarily want another Ancient Aliens, but I'd love it if Kassman got together with a few other skilled mappers and created a smallish mapset based around the setting of "Culture Shock."

I'd like to see a follow-up to Icarus: Alien Vanguard. Maybe, after

Spoiler

blowing up the ship

the player gets stranded on Beta Pictoris and has to find a way off.

Plutonia Revisited. Kind of depressive and sinister level design but fun and fast-paced gameplay without switch hunting (like those in boring Eternal Doom)

Seconding anything by mouldy.

Void would deserve a sequel, though to get something with the same impact nowadays would be quite the undertaking.

Direct continuation to S.T.R.A.I.N because spiritual thingies like Valiant won't do. As for Icarus, Daedalus is sequel to it but not for vanilla as it's hub based zdoomish thing. We could get new Requiem too.

Swim with the Whales

TheMionicDonut said:

Mock2

Mock2 2: Return of the Revenge of the Resurrection of the Electric Boogaloo Unleashed.

castheng

There's nothing quite like it out there.

I'd also love to see Cyberdreams 2.

Going Down.

And heck, it could be a megawad collaboration between mouldy and dobu gabu maru too! A man can dream......

Going Down 2: Going Up
Mock 3: The Trolls Live Up Your Ass For All Eternity
Zone 300: Plus 2
Echelon 2: Doomguy's Wife