Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catoptromancy

Placeholder signs

A new freedoomer arrived on irc:

I actually thought the project was complete until last night when I got to a stage that was just a box with "help out with the Freedoom project" or something like that in it.

Which gave me an idea.

Several full sized maps are placeholders. These are maps that are unfinished or low quality. Maybe a new billboard should be made and placed in front of/near the player spawn advertising the need for the current map's replacement.

We can still have a playable map and advertise without resorting to a single room.

Old billboard announces that a map is missing, new billboard should announce that map needs replaced.

IDK, I feel like it will ruin the moment for players. I cringe everytime I see the FreeDM billboards game, because it feels like pointless advertising.

Which maps are actually placeholders? I know MAP14 is one of them.

I love it. It's much more appealing than the current, both the font and colors.
Although the first sentence should be "this level needs to be replaced" not "this level should need to be replaced".

Voros said:

Although the first sentence should be "this level needs to be replaced" not "this level should need to be replaced".

OK then, here's a slightly modified version with fixed sentence:

Perfect so far... But shouldn't it be "website" than "webpage"?

Other than that, great. Maybe, just maybe, people will feel a bit more motivated in making a level by seeing this sign. Maybe.

The new one certainly has a way better font/background colour contrast (obviously), and is more readable too. Great job!