Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zapzop

Name a wad that deserves a (another) sequel

Sequels that I would like to see.

A Few Fistfuls More (A Fistful of Doom 2)
And a Nice Chianti (Fava Beans 2)
Icarus 2, a real sequel
Perditions Gate 2
Hell Revealed 3, not as a community project, but as a collaboration of about 5 good mappers.
Invasion 3
Scythe 3
Kama Sutra 2
Pirate Doom 2
Winter's Fury 2

Eviltech, but hell on earth influence.

Dark 7 (mission pack was fun, but I want more)

marswar

trumpdoom

An impossible reality, using the latest gzdoom tricks

Realm of Chaos

Yo SteveD, as probably the only former member of TMT knocking around (look, okay, I've done no research at all and only remember you) you gonna get this started and hit me up with another shot? :P

Also echoing anyone saying Perdition's Gate 2 because holy fuck YES.

Sayok6 said:

A real Plutonia sequel made by the Casali brothers.

A dream.

Aside from this, Alien Vendetta sequel

Paul977 said:

A dream.

Aside from this, Alien Vendetta sequel

Kill two birds with one stone: "Ancient Aliens Vendetta" :P

NiGHTMARE said:

Kill two birds with one stone: "Ancient Aliens Vendetta" :P

Clearly what we truly need is Ancient AliensTC Vendetta.

I'd like to see a Hell Revealed 3 as a continuation of Hell Revealed 2. It could use the rest of the cool music Thyrbse made. Those are big shoes to fill, though. I'd like to map for it but it would need a strong and focused team of good mappers to measure up to the weight that name holds.

Angry Saint said:

Just for curiosity. what is preventing the community from creating such sequels?

The lack of someone willing to initiate & lead such projects. Community Megawads can take years to make so you need someone really passionate in order to keep a project running smoothly for so long. Then for some of the megawads listed they really shouldn't be done as a community project, such as a Kama Sutra or Scythe sequel.

Another mouldy and valkiriforce megawad would be great. Also Ancient Aliens.

Anyone remember TurboCharged Arcade? I probably played that more than anything when it was released.

Also Shadow of the Wool Ball but with proper 3d space. That would rule.

Angry Saint said:

Just for curiosity. what is preventing the community from creating such sequels?

ideas take seconds while finishing good wads takes months

Angry Saint said:

A community project designed to be an unofficial sequel to a classic megawad is a fun idea but its pretty scary recipe for disaster if its not handled with care. Many of the creators of these megawads are not here to participate, or even share their insight on what a sequel to these projects would have looked or played or felt like, and as fans were likely to over-analyze the these megawads and have varying opinions on what we believe these wads best represent, which would result in a large set of maps that are very unlike each other.

Unless the project starts a huge following, armchair doomers will wait till the project is done to share their thoughts on the projects execution, instead of during development where that kinda input is most desired. Community projects always tend to include mappers who bite off way more than they can chew, which results in extended deadlines and potential drama which is a major commitment for anyone who wants to be a project leader. Its likely that the people most qualified to lead and map for such esteemed projects are not available to participate.

Its a sucky situation. I suspect a small committee of maybe 2-6 people could pull it off with flying colors if they can keep the community out of it until its near finished, but large community projects are hard to wrangle and keep focused, and I dont see as many mappers in this community who are as willing to participate in a team dedicated to paying tribute to a favorite wad as they are to express their individualistic style in their own unique way.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see another way around it.

Well, all answers I've received are reasonable and I agree with them: a direct sequel can be too much to handle as community project due to excessive work to be done from project leader which should assure that levels submitted follow the spirit of the original wad, and various opinions from mappers about what this "original spirit" is.

Maybe it is better to have "tribute" map where there is possibly more freedom to interprete the original work.

Angry Saint said:

Maybe it is better to have "tribute" map where there is possibly more freedom to interprete the original work.

So like PRCP & Plutonia 2 = Plutonia, Revilution and Thrednody = TNT: Evilution, etc.

Hell to Pay and Perdition's Gate styled fansequels. Both had very distinct styles, and are often seen as semi-official, like a "Final Doom 2"

Doom 64 as well, I know Nevander is working on one, but why not more such projects?

Pirate Doom 2
Going Up (Going Down 2)
Scythe 3
Winter's Fury 2
Simplicity 2
Doom Raider 2
Action Doom 3

uhhhhh

more wads etc etc

Going Down 2 (go down even further)
Ancient Aliens 2 (go find the gangster computer god)
Memento Mori 3 (with a slaughterfest touch)
Icarus 2 (with better texturing and more difficult gameplay)
Swim with the Whales 2 (go swim under some glaciers)
Dystopia 4 (take it into the 21st Century)
Hell Revealed 3 (because why not)

How there hasn't been a community-based Alien Vendetta 2 blows my mind, considering how popular the original is and how easy it would be to organize the sequels' themes and difficulty curve. All other sequels would be nice to see, but AV2 is both so practical and interesting that its non-existence is downright bizarre.

So this has just become a thread for people to make a list of WADs they like with a number appended on the end?

In that case, I want a megawad collaboration between Cannonball, Dobu, and Mouldy. And I also want certain people to release their megawads already *cough Revelations of Doom and UAC Ultra 2 *cough

dobu gabu maru said:

How there hasn't been a community-based Alien Vendetta 2 blows my mind, considering how popular the original is and how easy it would be to organize the sequels' themes and difficulty curve. All other sequels would be nice to see, but AV2 is both so practical and interesting that its non-existence is downright bizarre.

Elementary, dear Watson. Johnsen would ax-murder everyone involved.

Firedust said:

In that case, I want a megawad collaboration between Cannonball, Dobu, and Mouldy

Any particular reason for including Cannonball in there? Dobu and Mouldy have similar enough styles that a collaboration between them could be really cool, but I can't really see how Cannonball's style fits.

It would be interesting to see another Memento Mori or similar WAD focused on co-op play.

antares031 said:

50 Shades of Graytall 2.

stay tuned for my next gimmick project: 50 shades of GRAYDANG