Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

AOL Experiences

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

...runs away and out the door...

I'm contemplating finding one of those free AOL disks and trying it out for awhile, just to see what it's like. It's not like those damn things are hard to find. I hope I don't go insane from AOL usage, though.

Bloodshedder said:

I'm contemplating finding one of those free AOL disks and trying it out for awhile, just to see what it's like. It's not like those damn things are hard to find. I hope I don't go insane from AOL usage, though.

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE.

Sorry. It's just that AOL is sooooo...................well, it's AOL...

Prime said:

It's just that AOL is sooooo...................well, it's AOL...

Can you elaborate on that?

I guess what I'm trying to ask anyone here is, what makes AOL so bad? (Not that I'm saying it isn't bad in the first place.)

Bloodshedder said:

Can you elaborate on that?

I guess what I'm trying to ask anyone here is, what makes AOL so bad? (Not that I'm saying it isn't bad in the first place.)

It's simple why AOL sucks so much. It was designed for the 'everyman'. Unfortunately this 'everyman' has the IQ of a thumbtack. It's ignorant, dumbed-down, and slow as fuck. I've never used them as an ISP, but have had to service MANY personal machines with AOL as the internet service. Version 7.0 seems to have some issues with WinXP too. Basicly it's the worst ever.

yeah I use ao-hell, but thats cuz its my little sisters comp, and I'm not allowed to try any other isp's. it does get better with broadband though, but not much.

My family gave up on AOL years ago. Which is bad, because it's set to directly charge my dad's credit card and AOL's customer service won't cancel our account completely. AOL is like a minor cancer of the spine, painful to keep and incredibly dificult to get rid of.

I dunno why but I just have a flaring burning Hatred for AOL...Ugghhh I shutter to think how crappy it is to use it, I mean, It comes On a CD, how sad is that? I mean I hear AIM isnt all that bad but AOL Blows imo...Also there AOL-canadian edition...Wouldnt that just be call COL??...But of course not, the name is AOL so it has to be called AOL-canadian edition...How dare they have the audacity to send that POS into my house! But the CD's are good for throwing at the school walls and watching them shatter into 60 pieces, I'll give them that. ;)

GAYOL is so stupid...

Wow let's charge $208572/mo, give you dial-up, spam your mail account, and provide a bunch of shit like news, weather, stock market info, etc. THAT YOU CAN GET FROM ANY SITE ON THE WEB...

Yeah, AOL is... what is AOL really? It's not quite a browser, though it has one. It's got e-mail, IM, a browser, and a big steaming pile of **** all in one, so we'll call it a service. Speaking of service, if you try to call technical support, they put you on hold for over twenty minutes, and instead of bad music there's an ear piercing buzz the whole time designed to make you hang up (I swear this happened to me. They must really hate their customors).

JavaGuy said:

They must really hate their customors).

Well the feeling is mutual towards them...

..AOL=POS.......imo there is no other way to describe it, unless its more insults that is.

Actually, in a way I feel for the technical support people. I know how it is trying to tell someone who isn't computer savvy how they can get a complicated piece of technology to work. And over the phone it's practically impossible. If I were them, I'd probably make it a point of my day to hang up on as many of the little buggers as I could.

AOL has to be the crappiest ISP I have ever tried. Speed, software, services, features and stability are all astoundingly shite. I cannot think of any redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I have two computers at home, and only one of them has DSL, so I just popped in a GayOL disk so I could get a 56k connection on my DSL-less comp. I never use chat or any of that shit. I just connect and open IE. I do use AIM, but AIM is not like other AOL products.

In fact, I prefer it over email because the recipient will invariably see my message immediately and it's private so no assholes with sniffer software can read it (I won't list my reasons for needing absolute privacy, especially on a forum where Mordeth is a moderator).