Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxfraggnsteinxx

More Private DM Games

I have seen a few DM tourny's being posted, but why don't we get a consistent weekly set of games going?

I love grind-less fun behind Doom and (like other Doom enthusiasts) would probably love to participate in some scheduled private DM games.

Thanks and maybe this can become a reality for us.

xxfraggnsteinxx (GT)(XB1)

Fellows over at quakenet.org's idc channel #dmstuff do a weekly set of games, though I think S(unday)NSF has become mostly coop now (which sucks). Still, we do regularly get some good FFAs started on the various ports. I encourage you to stop by some time!

As for tourneys specifically, there are already a couple for classic Doom, but I think they are monthly at best. I wouldn't mind seeing more regular competitions, though I'm sure I won't last long against some of these guys; at least 'til I can shake off this ssg rust it would hinge on rocket availability :/

To be clear though, are we talking about PC or XB1? PC Doom has a nice MP community; XB1 wpuld surprise me to have 2 people on right now, or more than 50 different people in a month.

I'd be down for some Saturday tournaments or something like that. Mostly duel tournaments, classic style etc. None of this capture the flag stuff, that's what Tribes is for.

It's been some time since I've been on any of the servers. I have been quite busy for awhile now and when I have had time I typically only feel like doing single player. However, I am trying to carve out some more time for things other than work and I would like to get back into Doom DM.

I deathmatch on weekends sometimes occasionally!!1

Really though, keep an eye out, this past weekend we actually managed a decent FFA. I'm sure there's random games here and there on weekdays, but check into #dmstuff or #deathmatch on fri/sat/sun and I might actually be there for some duel and DM. It's better fragging with familiar users usually anyway, sessions last longer and are just generally more tight knit and friendly.

less talk more kill

there has been some form of pub dm on zandronum almost constantly (sorry doomkid about that timezone...).

edit: if you want strictly private dm games good luck. If you don't already have a group of friends playing private dm sessions then don't bother. Just play pub dm instead.

Download an irc client, I recommend KVIrc, find quakenet.org, go to "advanced." "On startup," connect to #dmstuff. This will make you join the channel automatically when you start the program, which is pretty convenient.

#deathmatch is over on the zand irc, which iirc is zandronum.com, but I may be mistaken on that. *edit* thanks dk!

When you join an irc, don't expect immediate responses; the thing doesn't exactly notify people of new messages so you have to wait for folk to actually check the window before responding. Best bet is to get on early and stay on late.

#deathmatch is on Zandronum.com, not .net, but otherwise Fonze is right - it may take a few minutes for people to see you in there. You can highlight users on IRC to get their attention, people don't mind if it's for a match!