Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zapzop

Name a wad that deserves a (another) sequel

Not Jabba said:

Any particular reason for including Cannonball in there? Dobu and Mouldy have similar enough styles that a collaboration between them could be really cool, but I can't really see how Cannonball's style fits.

It's not like each collaborator has to make standalone maps. Any styles can fit with a proper combination of elements, e.g. Cannonball layouts + Dobu object detail / set pieces; Cannonball layouts + mouldy object detail / escalatory freeform gameplay.

Zakurum said:

Icarus 2 (with better texturing and more difficult gameplay)

Now there's a project I'd like to see: Less-sucky replacement textures for Icarus. Either that or less-sucky replacement textures for STRAIN.

IIRC, Nevander made a Doom 64 texture pack... I would seriously love to see someone make a Doom 64 2 using that pack along with the appropriate sounds, sprites etc. possibly exploring the things Doomguy goes through after the portal closes behind, leaving him in Hell for all eternity. Surely if the world of Hell still exists, then something must be keeping it alive, right? And since Hell still remains strong, it's threat, so what else can Doomguy do in Hell other than to neutralise the threat?

dew said:

Elementary, dear Watson. Johnsen would ax-murder everyone involved.

I wouldn't be happy of an AV sequel without at least 4-5 maps from Johnsen

Sayok6 said:

Eternal Doom 4 being finished.

+1000000000

I wish we at least got a word from the authors on whether they are actually going to finish it or not. Love Eternal Doom 4.

franckFRAG said:

Speed of Doom 2

Isn't Resurgence a direct sequel to Speed of Doom? You even revisit some of the same locations in it.

HUNdebLeonidasX said:

We need Epic 3

I'd be interested in any Eternal megawad at this point but Epic 2 was one of my favourites.

I'd love to see a Valiant 2. I've said before that Valiant is probably my favorite megawad, so naturally I'd love a sequel.

Jayextee said:

Realm of Chaos

Yo SteveD, as probably the only former member of TMT knocking around (look, okay, I've done no research at all and only remember you) you gonna get this started and hit me up with another shot? :P

Bless your heart, Jay. Surprising as it may seem, I am in contact with one other member of TMT, and can confirm that he has done some things with DB2. The other members can be replaced by broadly defining qualifications as any modern Doomer who has ever used Hellmaker and/or does or has used Macs to play or map for Doom. Of course, that means we'd have to "settle" for the likes of Essel, Ribbiks and Dobu. ;) I think we could also include cannonball thanks to his reverent use of a Pestov Platform in E1M7 of Concerned.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if your request turned into the only sequel that actually happened? I'm not holding my breath, but I'm willing to review applications.

SteveD said:

Bless your heart, Jay. Surprising as it may seem, I am in contact with one other member of TMT, and can confirm that he has done some things with DB2. The other members can be replaced by broadly defining qualifications as any modern Doomer who has ever used Hellmaker and/or does or has used Macs to play or map for Doom. Of course, that means we'd have to "settle" for the likes of Essel, Ribbiks and Dobu. ;) I think we could also include cannonball thanks to his reverent use of a Pestov Platform in E1M7 of Concerned.

Hey you could add me to that list, my first Doom experience was on the mac & I never played Doom on any other platform until late 2007. Heck my dad still has good ol' mac Doom & of course Realm of Chaos.

SteveD said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if your request turned into the only sequel that actually happened? I'm not holding my breath, but I'm willing to review applications.

It wouldn't be, I will be starting a community project for one of the wads I mentioned in my post after I finish up Revilution.

Darken 3 would be pretty swell to see, among many others that others have mentioned already. dmd-jm03 sounds great, but I think that one is going to come out sometime this year according to a recent-ish Afterglow post. Also I'd love to see Back to Back to Thunder Road!!

Jaws In Space said:

Hey you could add me to that list, my first Doom experience was on the mac & I never played Doom on any other platform until late 2007. Heck my dad still has good ol' mac Doom & of course Realm of Chaos.

Jaws, if you want in, you're in! That makes 3 mappers already for Realm of Chaos II. The original crew was only 7 and only 6 actually mapped, so if there's 2 more volunteers, I'm willing to open a thread. Heck, maybe we can broaden the qualifications to anyone who liked even 1 map in the 1996 original.

The only things I can say right now about such a project, should it actually come to pass, is that it will be limit-removing and -cl9 compatible.

If you plan to start a community project to create a sequel to one of the classics on your list, I could well be interested in joining. I'd be especially thrilled with Fava Beans 2, an all-time fave.

^^ We'd love to have you onboard, Alfonzo (he says as if there's an actual "go" project and a "we" involved in said project), but if it's not to be, your sentimental attachment to HMS Tanrock is still much appreciated. And if that attachment involves the forwarding of funds to reactivate this mighty vessel, I'll happily direct you to a core group of corrupt Navy officials who are quite likely to deposit said funds into one of my many secret accounts in Switzerland. While it's true that the bulk of these funds will finance yet another of my palace renovation projects, I'll make certain that enough is left over to add a dinghy to HMS Tanrock, for appearances sake. We'll also send you a beautiful plaque with a photo of HMS Tanrock battling a tempestuous sea, verifying that you are an honorary plankowner.

My people will contact your people in the morning to hammer out the details.

Heh. Yes, the second point of this thread was to encourage authors(that are still in community) of the original wad to do a sequel.