Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vampirajay

Hobbies???

ok, we've had the question what do you do for a living, now to the fun stuff. What is it that you guys and gals do for fun? besides doom! ok, i'll start. I play RPG games, I play bass guitar, I read horror books (Shawn Hutson and Clive barker) I listen to music, I map for room on the left, I make babies(at least I am trying to;-) )and at the moment that is all I can think off. So what about you???

(Besides Dooming)...Sports, Gaming (includes playing games from any console or cpu), Friends, Making a complete and total ass of my self in public and degrading myself for the entertainment of others. and watching myself slip deeper and deeper into Insanity.

Since I'm back to cegep, I make most of my time drawing stuff, even if I totally suck at it :P. Right now I'm making a new zdoom map. I work, play a few computer games like Diablo2 and do some photoshop images. Those have been my hobbies for the last year or so.

Playing Quake Team Fortress (CustomTF) sometimes.

On nice, calm days, I go out and throw boomerangs, most of which I created myself.

Vampirajay said:

I make babies(at least I am trying to;-)

RUN SPIKE RUN!

heh, seriously though. When i'm not working or mapping i'm usually trying to entertain my kids. The only other things I seem to do are Kendo are watching SciFi (new series of Stargate starts on wednesday, yay). Used to go to a local rock club until it closed down, now unless you like Drum'n'Bass or Dance you're pretty much stuffed here :(. Used to do a lot of roleplaying, both round a table and the 'live action' variety, but i kinda grew out of that a long time ago (thats not to belittle anyone who still does it).

I draw and write a lot, hopefully going to publish my work within the next couple years (lots of research). I go to metal shows when I can, and whatch as much horror/sci fi/anime/kung fu movies as I can. sounds fun, eh.

Roleplaying:

Anything but Vampire, I just can't play the typical Vampire scenario properly. I also like free-form rule and diceless roleplaying.

I especially like the D&D Planescape setting and White Wolf's Trinity.

Music:

Collecting CD's and creating my own. There seems to be a great amount of musicians in the Doom community. Dunno why.

Warhammer 40000:

Oh yeah, come laugh at me now. But you don't just abandon a fully painted army of tyranids. Besides, they're kinda cute.

At night I wear a cool outfit and fly around the city seeking unjustice so I can... Oh wait, I've already used that joke.

Seriously, this is what i do at night:

watching a movie
eating crisps
drinking alcohol
(all of this in my room of course, won't want to be around people or things like that)
AD&D
Magic the gathering
going to the forest

Yes my life is pretty amazing.:(

Man, I wish I were a Superhero...

Well aside from all Doom related stuff and playing other games on my computer, hmmm.

In no paricular order,

1 Read books
2 Draw
3 Make (or attempt to make) maps for non-Doom games (particularly Tapan Kaikki, Soldat, or Rise of the Triad)
4 Download scans of hentai manga
5 IRC chat with others who have hobby 4

Spike said:
clubbing it at the Krazyhouse (rock club - WAKKA)

Holy shit, the Krazyhouse in Liverpool? I go there quite often, heh.

Jonathan said:

Holy shit, the Krazyhouse in Liverpool? I go there quite often, heh.

Double Holy Shit!!! You serious? Are you out for the all-nighter (9pm - 6am) on Saturday?

Ok, well we're pretty easy to spy - a bleach-blonde guy with a lip spike, and a raven-haired girl with many-many piercings. Alternatively, here's pics! geocities.com/scarredknuckle2002/about.html]US PEOPLE!

Let us know what you look like and we'll keep an eye out ;)

Little Faith said:

Oh yeah, come laugh at me now. But you don't just abandon a fully painted army of tyranids. Besides, they're kinda cute.

Heh - why would i laugh when i also have rather large army of the same cutely entertaining Tyranids? All that's left to paint is 20-30 Hormagaunts/Termagants :

1 Carnifex
1 Hive Tyrant (New Queen-Alien Styleeee)
1 Hive Tyrant (The old dude, with extra spines on his back)
About 50 Hormagaunts and Termagaunts
4 Biovores (old and new ones mixed) plus about 10 spore mines.
2 Zoanthropes
2 Lictors
About 10 Warriors (old and new mixed)
10 Gargoyles
5 Ripper Swarms
30-odd Genestealers.

The new ones are painted with a gray/blood red scheme. I used to play a lot with my brother - unfortunatly, he collected Blood Angel Space Marines, so my forces tended to get ripped to shreds before they got into range, even with the 'Fleet of Claw' and 'Bounding Leap' rules. The Big Git.

Spike said:
Double Holy Shit!!! You serious? Are you out for the all-nighter (9pm - 6am) on Saturday?

I'm afraid I'm going to Uni in Essex this weekend, so I wont be around for 3 months, doh!

Jonathan said:

I'm afraid I'm going to Uni in Essex this weekend, so I wont be around for 3 months, doh!

Ah well. Pm' me and let me know when you're next there :)

Little Faith said:

Warhammer 40000:

spike said:

Heh - why would i laugh when i also have rather large army of the same cutely entertaining Tyranids? All that's left to paint is 20-30 Hormagaunts/Termagants :

1 Carnifex
1 Hive Tyrant (New Queen-Alien Styleeee)
1 Hive Tyrant (The old dude, with extra spines on his back)
About 50 Hormagaunts and Termagaunts
4 Biovores (old and new ones mixed) plus about 10 spore mines.
2 Zoanthropes
2 Lictors
About 10 Warriors (old and new mixed)
10 Gargoyles
5 Ripper Swarms
30-odd Genestealers.

The new ones are painted with a gray/blood red scheme. I used to play a lot with my brother - unfortunatly, he collected Blood Angel Space Marines, so my forces tended to get ripped to shreds before they got into range, even with the 'Fleet of Claw' and 'Bounding Leap' rules. The Big Git.

I've always wanted to try those games out. the figures are kickass. I always miss the demo and tourney games that go on near me.

BTW, nice av spike. did you make that or did someone else?

VileSlay said:

I've always wanted to try those games out. the figures are kickass. I always miss the demo and tourney games that go on near me.

[/b]
I got into them thru my brother's friend - it's excellent but i haven't had time to get down to the Games Workshop lately to play.

BTW, nice av spike. did you make that or did someone else?

I did the concept sketch - reznor.demon.co.uk/NeilFish.JPG]SpikeFish!, but DSM did the actual avatar for me :).
It's based on the pic of me geocities.com/scarredknuckle2002/about.html]here.

My tyranid army (1500), I am going to field to a tournament:

"Gastricia" the Hive Tyrant with double boneswords (scything talons) and Venom Cannon and Implant Attack. Has the Psychic Scream Power.
192 points (old model)

"Knusperkex" the Carnifex with scything talons and a devourer (strength 9 assault 4, heh heh).
127 points (converted old model)

"Perfect Hatred": 3 Zoanthropes with Psychic Scream (multiple overlapping Psychic Scream terror tactics).
147 points (lightly converted old models)

"Carrot Hunters in the Sky": 4 Locust Queens (tyranid warrior genus) with wings, scything talons and rending claws.
180 points (heavily converted new models)

"Kabbage Klawz": 4 Tyranid Warriors (standard genes) with rending claws, devourers and a venom cannon.
156 points (old metal models)

"Scuttlyscrawls": 26 Termagants with spike rifles (spinefists) and a single synaptic node mutant
140 points (old models)

"Taloned Death": 16 Hormone Gaunts (hormagaunts with extra strength) with a single synaptic node mutant.
202 points. (old and new models, the old ones are übercool)

"Spiny Doom": 16 Hormone Gaunts with a single synaptic node mutant.
202 points. (heavily converted new models)

"Rain of Quills": 18 Terrorgaunts (termagants with extra strength) with spinefists and a single synaptic node mutant. (new models)
156 points.

They are all painted in a tasteful glistening green and black colour scheme (Aliens style).

BTW, your fish r0x0rs Spike :)

Admittedly, i haven't named my Tyranids outright, nor have i upgraded them much...

Hive Tyrant (Let's call her 'Bitchificous' for the time being)
Scything Talons and Venom Cannon.

Carnifex
Scything Talons and Barbed Strangler (taking advantage of the Carnifex's strength attribute).

Lictor
Nothing major here, just painted a sickly white/gray with minimal red on it's armour.

Biovores
The old ones (3 of em) are painted deep blue, with scarlet armour and green-veined launchers). The New One (reminds me of an Ork) is painted gray skin and blood red armour.

Zoanthropes
Again, blood-red skin with white teeth and light gray veins painted up the head-crests.

Gaunts - Once again, gray-tinted armour and blood red skin. I've thrown adrenal glands on a lot of em, i'm debating whether or not to add enhanced senses to up the Ballistic accuracy.

Not much else to tell. The Carnifex certainly holds it's own in assult turns, and even my swarm of 10 termagaunts felled a few of my Brother's Terminators before they got burned down.

Cool Stuff.

Well, I have two old hive tyrant models. One of them lost the lash whip arm so I gave it the sword from a Keeper of Secrets and greenstuffed a new arm. Now it has a twohanded bonesword.

The flying tyranid warriors was done by stretching a membrane of green stuff across a set of big scything talons. (The end result is Pterodactyl-like).

I have eight gargoyles done in similar fashion (made out of plastic gaunts).

I have a few ripper swarms with wings stolen from bat swarms.

My hormagaunts are completely freaky, some sporting horns, twohanded scything talons or even several heads.

My zoanthropes are painted so their brains look like they are glowing with power. Their paintjob/spines'n'frills was inspired by the outfit/hairdo of a danish underground punk/electronic band.

I have generally painted my tyranids in black/ dark green with skin and carapace having slightly different shades. Exposed organs were painted white/grey and then doused in liberal amounts of green ink. I have made some details stand out in red for contrast. (My hive tyrant's two-handed bonesword is glowing red).

One of my hive tyrants (the one with the big sword) has a slightly lighter colour scheme (still green) to signalify that ít has gone norn. Norn tyranids have entered a state beyond the normal lifespan of their genus and often have special purpouses. (They are kinda like the "heroes" of the tyranids).

I have some genestealers with a horrible pink/black paint job. (I usually joke that they are homosexuals).

Do you have any suggestions to how I should make the devourer for my carnifex? The ordinary devourer looks far too small to be a strength 9 assault 4 weapon.

Chatting, mapping, party, RPG (pencil and paper), doom, computer.
and the others things guys normal do. :)