Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sickdrummer

Is there a chance the DOom 3 demo/test will be out soon?

From What i kno it wont be out for awhile yet maybe in 6 months the game seems to be doing extrodenarly well in developement but only time will tell as for this thread it think its gunna be going to post hell

There isn't any official speculation as to when a test or demo will be out. Unofficial speculation (ie anything you hear that doesn't have the name of a senior id person on it) should be taken with a grain of salt.

bigbadgangsta said:

Anyone that said no is WRONG. Carmack has already said there will be a test demo.

Aye, but the question was when?

Because the multiplayer part is less important, I doubt that a test will be brought out before the release of the game...maybe a demo a week before the official release.

bigbadgangsta said:

Anyone that said no is WRONG. Carmack has already said there will be a test demo.

JC said that, sure but there was news since. In an interview to Gamespy, Tim Willits deny the probability for the release of a doom test :

GameSpy: Something I was surprised no one asked during John's Q&A - is there any chance of a DOOMtest?

Tim Willits: There are a number of different ways we can go on that subject. Because DOOM isn't a multiplayer-focused game, the need to make sure it works on everyone's system isn't as important. (DOOM publisher) Activision has increased their testing facilities and resources, so it's not as likely, because it's a single-player game.

As for a demo, we haven't made the call on whether we're going to finish the title and then work on the demo, or the other way around. But there will be a demo.

source : Gamespy

ok thanks...for your responses. i hope it doesnt go to doom hell or whatever you said..if they do want to put it there they can eat shit cause i just asked a question...but thanks anyway.

Lord FlatHead said:

The whole idea about releasing the demo AFTER the full game has always seemed friggin' ridiculous to me. Let's hope id don't choose this option.

I second that! Very stupid and useless...

Well the demo after full game release is obviously for marketing purposes. It wouldn't be a "test" demo. Let's hope they decide on releasing an earlier version.

Tyockell said:

as for this thread it think its gunna be going to post hell

Why?
Sure, it's been asked before and all, but it's still a legitimate question - it's not that sickdrummer said something like "They'd BETTER release a test soon or I'm gonna kill id!!!!" in 'Engrish' or something.
Oh no, I'm keeping this thread alive so far.

bigbadgangsta said:

I didn't you fool.

Oh, I misunderstood then.

Nice response by the way, your mod skills are reflected nicely by it.

gatewatcher said:

Oh, I misunderstood then.

And I'm sure YOU could do better.
Damn, you oughta be happy you weren't here when deadnail was a Mod.

gatewatcher said:

Eat my shit you dickass bitch fag homo asslicking buttmaster motherfucking slut. Heh, just kidding :)

dsm said:

And I'm sure YOU could do better.

I'm sure I could respond to a non-flaming question without flaming, so yeah in that case I could. Happy?

gatewatcher said:

I'm sure I could respond to a non-flaming question without flaming, so yeah in that case I could. Happy?

No I'm not happy, because you haven't tried having to put up with all the shit the we Mods have to put up with - I used to be a lot more gentle when I started out as a Mod, but because of a lot of shit that I've been forced to eat since my "promotion" I have decided that heck, people don't deserve gentle responses if they don't use their small grey, because spending time thinking carefully about what words to use in one's response is very often a waste of time.

It's the way it is here at DW, get used to it.

Like I said, be happy that you weren't here when deadnail was a Mod - neither BBG or I are even remotely as aggressive as he was.

hey this is suposed to be about the DEMO/test...not about who mod's these boards or insults somone just lock or close this thread. thanks

sickdrummer said:

hey this is suposed to be about the DEMO/test...not about who mod's these boards or insults somone just lock or close this thread. thanks

And who are you to decide whether this thread should be locked? If someone else has something interesting to say about the demo then it'd be a shame to lock it.
But I agree, this discussion about our ability to "act" like moderators is stupid - not my fault that some people think that a Mod's job is to say "ohh, I'm SO sorry I disagreed with you, I'll just mind my own business and not say anything against you from now on" - learn it people, a moderator is not here to act like your fucking waiters, we're here to prevent shit from happening on the forums, but we still have the damn right to say our honest opinion if we feel like it and if we feel that someone is responding stupidly we should be free to say so.
Now in case you think I was provocative above, think again, I was merely defending one of my collegues (BBG), because I know how annoying it can be to be criticized for one's responses.

Let's get this thread back on track, ok?

My opinion on a demo: If id chooses to release it AFTER the full game release then fine by me - that'll only mean that the impact of Doom 3 won't be lessened before the game is out.
"Then don't d/l it" you'd say. Well, problem is that a demo tends to tempt people to try it - especially when they see all these comments on a forum about "this demo is SO cool" and all.