Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chest Rockwell

Do you collect anything?

yep, i collect video games for the PC, original XBox, PS1, PS3, gameboy (all versions) and the DS (all versions).

also doom wads.

i'll post a pic once i get back from school

Kinda gross, but about 14 years ago when I used to smoke weed, I would go out to the shed with an empty 500-750ml plastic bottle to spit in. For some reason I just kept those bottles in my room and didn't throw them away and eventually had about 8 bottles full of nasty smoke spit (they smelled horrible when you opened them). Then one day I woke up and saw that the spit had seeped out of the bottles and formed a sticky layer over everything around them. I threw them away after that.

Teeth... XD just kidding. I used to collect alot of things, but now that I'v had kids and other certain circumstances most of my collectibles are gone now. Doom kids picture is a blast form the past. Is that golden cartridge zelda 1 or 2? I had both when I was younger. and is that two copies of pokemon yellow I see? I'v a couple of super nintendo games left, mainly earthbound and secret of mana. have some nice mtg cards left.

PS1 games.
Music CDs.
DOOM-related shit.
Pictures of Dillion Harper.

I had a fad of collecting Atari Jaguar stuff, including a jag, jag Doom and Avp etc

Bought Jag Doom, new from amazon for £25, Avp cost me £45 and the jag it self cost me £35.

Most of the stuff i have collected is soundtracks from video games in my PC, as some anime movies and stuff, i have a PS2 which is in it's box, as well a library of PS2 games too, neither going to be sold or given, as for other stuff, i collect things i see on the ground like small tools, cloth, anything that's interesting to me.
And also videos from YT before they are taken down because some companies and users like to be assholes.

I have a pretty good collection of fabrics -- enough to rival some smaller fabric shops. It's mostly wool, silk, and linen, or blends thereof. Plus some exotic and whackier stuff too.

I'm actually running out of room for it all, I seem to accumulate it much faster than I use it.

I used to love collecting things.

Early on, I would collect Magic The Gathering cards, loved playing that game. Eventually I sold them all for no reason. I also used to collect those military Micro Machines, I gave them away.

I also used to collect Warhammer 40K miniatures. Didn't last super long due to my commitment just not being there. It's an expensive hobby, but if you have people to play with and time to devote to it I imagine it's extremely worthwhile. I thought my dad's friend's fully painted Bloodthirster was the most badass thing.

The only console I owned, the PS2, I would collect games for and had hundreds, including some rares. Eventually I sold them all and put the money towards computer upgrades.

Lastly, I used to collect music on CD, but eventually I sold all of them due to rough times and changes in my life. Honestly not sad I did, moving all that stuff would be a pain. I'm pretty minimalist with belongings now.

Doomkid said:

Here we go, this is an old-ish photo of most of my carts. Have tons of DVDs and CD based games as well, but this is just a basic idea of what's there

http://i.imgur.com/QvlubqH.jpg

What's the the "sonic and knuckles" looking cartridge in the N64? I haven't seen anything like that for it.

I have a fairly decent collection of old game consoles / computers:

Atari 2600
ZX Spectrum
Amiga 500
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
PlayStation 1
PlayStation 2
DreamCast
XBox
XBox 360

These are of course all PAL machines, since I live in Europe.

The most obvious omissions I can think of are the old Sega consoles, the first Nintendo console and the GameCube.

^
I bet you're a Metal Jesus subscriber on YouTube...

Oh yeah, I've still got a somewhat sizeable DVD (400'ish) and CD collection, all bagged up. Kinda old fashioned these days but I find it hard to get rid of them:

this is easely the cringiest thing on the thread. i used to have a sizeable collection of furbies. between adults and babies i had over 50 of them, hundreds of happy meals mini ones, and a big plush one that was half a meter tall, but we gave them away a couple of years ago. all of them were bought in flea markets years after the fad had passed

raymoohawk said:

this is easely the cringiest thing on the thread. i used to have a sizeable collection of furbies. between adults and babies i had over 50 of them, hundreds of happy meals mini ones, and a big plush one that was half a meter tall, but we gave them away a couple of years ago. all of them were bought in flea markets years after the fad had passed

Furbies? The ones with the bulging eyes that runs on batteries and squeaks at random times preferably in the middle of the night? 10 would be nightmare fuel to me but 50 ? And a dwarf sized one too ? ! I'm fainting.

Doominator2 said:

What's the the "sonic and knuckles" looking cartridge in the N64? I haven't seen anything like that for it.

MrGlide said:

why is pikachu on that sega genesis cartridge. There are so many questions about this picture.

lmao, I own a lot of weird bootleg/3rd party shit which explains the odd stuff. The n64 cart is a thing that simply says "Passport III" on it which allows you to play NTSC games on a PAL system and vice versa. I might take a proper photo with the carts all laid out at some point to showcase the weirder stuff

MrGlide said:

@raymoonhawk, I think thats cool, you should have made battle pictures with them.

haha, i loved those things. my sister and i would armor for them out of card board and tape and we would style there hair to look like yugioh and dragon ball characters

Soundblock said:

^
I bet you're a Metal Jesus subscriber on YouTube...

I'm not subscribed, but I did watch a couple of his videos. I particularly enjoyed his video where he had a guest who explained the differences between reproduction cartridges and original ones.

Amusingly enough, just this week I found out that my local game-store is selling a StarFox 2 Super Nintendo cartridge (a game that never got sold) for a whopping eighty Euros... It sits behind the glass between the plethora of original SNES games. I wonder how many people they will potentially fool by making them think they're not just purchasing a glorified reproduction cartridge. I do own a gamebit screwdriver, but somehow I doubt they will let me near it.

ayy i finally got off my lazy ass and took some pics

here's my pc and ds games

even more pc games behind the other games

ps3 and original xbox games

and my gameboy games!

The closest I come is to adventure games on my Steam account, most of which I'll never play. I'm still light on some Sierra games. I also have a Zork 1-3 box with feelies. I wish I still had the gigantic pink box for Might and Might IV. That was the apex of physical media. The Daggerfall box was also pretty dope.

Ah fuck yah, I see Zoo Tycoon and Dogz 5 in there. I sunk hours into those, though for the latter mine was actually Petz 5 since I had the Catz one, too.

Zoo Tycoon was more like days sunk, though. Very fun, very addicting.

Oh boy, do I ever...

I mostly collect music (CD and vinyl albums) and anime-related merchandise, but I've also got a (mostly untapped) affinity for oldschool computer hardware.

(Most) of my CD collection:

Vinyl record collection:

Giant anime figure display:

Slightly outdated (but more detailed) album of my collection for those with a case of morbid curiosity: https://imgur.com/a/KiS46

My (mostly anime-related) Blu-Ray / DVD collection:

...and, there's my lonely C64 that wishes it had a few more friends:

Excuse the glare on some of the photos; the lighting situation in my apartment is pretty dire at the moment.

AgentSpork said:

Oh boy, do I ever...

I mostly collect music (CD and vinyl albums) and anime-related merchandise, but I've also got a (mostly untapped) affinity for oldschool computer hardware.

[pics snipped]

That's a pretty cool collection. I've been collecting figs some, but I don't exactly have a whole lot of money to devote to it so my collection isn't too elegant at the moment. When I'm back home maybe I'll isolate some of my nicer stuff and take a pic.

Being quite the nostalgia junkie, I like collecting movies and old videogames.

Here are some old cartridges. Missing are Doom64 and Pokemon Stadium. I let a friend borrow them. I also have some NES and SNES ones, but they are packed away. I have Mario/Duckhunt, The Legend of Zelda, Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Super Mario World, Metroid, Alladin, and a few other ones I can't recall.

Spoiler

Movies:

I am more proud of my VHS collection, but those are also packed away. I might post a picture of them at some point.

But here are the DVDs.
Spoiler

I'm glad I took these pictures. I just noticed that a couple are out of order.

I completely forgot to mention that I collect obscure horror comic/movie related stuff, action figures and random merch. My last purchase was a 1/6th scale King Zombie figure made by Phicen Limited. King Zombie is from the comic series Dead World.

I don't have any picture of the figure to show, but you can find some here:
http://www.executivereplicas.com/_p/prd1/4500923431/product/dead-world-king-zombie-1-6th-scale-action-figure

That... is the sickest collection of Alien(s) related merchandise I have ever seen. Mad props, yo.

now that i'm at my dads house, i get to show you more stuff!

here's my ps1 collection

and just as an extra, here's my dads movie collection