Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sick Bow

The Brilliance of DOOM's Soundtrack

Pretty well-done video from Raycevick. Haven't seen it posted here, but if you're an audiophile like me, I'm sure you'll enjoy. The soundtrack was my personal favorite part of Doom 2016 altogether (even though I might have preferred more guitars and less wubs), and I had no idea how much thought actually went into it until I watched this. Good shit!

I didn't realize somebody turned the music down when I was about ½way through the game. I'm on a mission to hear the music again and I can't watch until I finish having heard the music. It was strangely silent at the Olivia's final promise.
Highly impressed with the music and I feel like I definitely heard something special!

Good video. Thanks for sharing.

Does anyone else get the urge to play Doom or just listen to the sound track everytime you hear it? I sure do.

Sick Bow said:

(even though I might have preferred more guitars and less wubs)

I wouldn't say the "wubs" were that plentiful, but at least you didn't say the D-word.

if anything, the soundtrack is more metal than you'd think. the only thing that is even remotely dubstep was the original E1M1 cover by Mick Gordon, but the direction of the music was changed because of the reaction to the entirely synthesized music.

Is Doom 2016 the first to incorporate such musical method? I only play Doom & Quake games so if that's the case, Bethesda & id have stumbled upon something huge. Impressive! I can imagine games of the future will have even more accurate music associating itself w/ kill streaks, headshots, etc... Relax, here's some rewarding rhythms to match your take-no-prisoners approach...MUAHHAHAAAA

I believe Dead Space also has a music system that matched your playstyle, I forget what it was called exactly but it would reflect on how fast you were playing or how often your weapon was drawn.

Piper Maru said:

I believe Dead Space also has a music system that matched your playstyle, I forget what it was called exactly but it would reflect on how fast you were playing or how often your weapon was drawn.

Dead Space soundtrack was amazing aswell.