Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

What utility do you use to extract sounds from wads?

It seems like Slade only exports Doom sound files to .lmp files. What do you use to get those audio files to export to .wav format?

XWE can export them as WAVs but I'm sure Slade can too. Have you tried just changing the file extension? That might work but I'm not certain.

Bloodshedder said:

??????????????

Thank you, I didn't see that. I'm relatively new to Slade. I went to export first and no file extension was the only choice it gave me.

40oz said:

It seems like Slade only exports Doom sound files to .lmp files. What do you use to get those audio files to export to .wav format?

Convert the sound file to WAV and then export

At the moment there's no "convert and export" function for sounds so you have to do that as two separate steps.

I use my own wadext tool, to first unpack the entire WAD and then pick out the stuff I want. It will normally convert all sounds to WAV unless you specify a different option.

someone know where to download all extracted & converted sound from doom 1 & 2 please ?

thank

Good find, but the music files are still in MUS format.

Tools like XWE, Deepsea. Slade3, Wadext, can save the sound files to the WAV format but keep the music files in MUS format.

Music files, at best, can only be saved as MID files by XWE, Deepsea. Slade3. The only reliable way of converting MID to WAV, that I have found, is to load the MID file into something like VLC Media Player and record the playback with something like Goldwave, and save that as WAV or any other sound format file.

Edited by Kappes Buur

You should have made a new thread.

And I believe that all you need is to add an additional, empty new line at the end of SNDINFO; IIRC the SNDINFO parser doesn't like when the file ends directly on a function line, it expects the file to end on an empty line.

The problem is that lone "CACO" above the block. SNDINFO is a strict word based parser so this makes the assignments go out of sync.

Unfortunately this is one of these old design mistakes that can only be fixed by creating a new format.