Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Serekay

Doom 2 - Bloodstorm

Hi Everyone,

here is a 6 Map Hard Difficulty WAD i designed in hexen format.

It´s not Boom compatible, you have to play it with GZ Doom.

No difficulty settings.

Archive include faster Guns Mod (bex files)

Tested with GzDoom and Win10, if anybody found Bug´s or Texture issues please report it.

record a Demo to show you can beat this beast.

downloade them from my Mega Account:

https://mega.nz/#F!qNJgmIoQ!C6q6CP07ZqMPt0CgpWZl6w

i will release some cool Maps within the next months!

Some Screens:
http://imgur.com/a/U3c4S

Playtrought:

Spoiler

Map01 by Killer5 (mrzzul):
https://www.twitch.tv/mrzzul/v/115773443

Map02:

Map03:

Map04:

Map05 by mArt1And00m3r11339 (Timothy Brown):

And this:

Map06by mArt1And00m3r11339 (Timothy Brown):

Serekay

on my profile there are more maps i created

https://www.doomworld.com/profile/18563-serekay/?tab=field_core_pfield_1

Bl00dst0rm_V1.2.rar

Edited by Serekay

very nice, but i think some slopes where you can hide from archvile in 1 map will be nice. very difficult but nicely done.

These screens look badass.

I noticed in the screenshots you are using mouselook and infinite height disabled. Is this wad designed with those disabled? Also did you design it with jumping enabled? BFG aiming enabled?

Hey Serekay.

I began playing Bloodstorm. Map 01 is sick. Prolly make some demos later. Here is my initial playthrough though!

I completely missed the doors in the final room though. Maybe make them a bit easier to see. Only if you want though just a minor nitpick really (especially minor because I feel that these quirks fit well into maps like these).

Thanks for making these. I look forwards to playing the rest!

Killer5 said:

Hey Serekay.

I began playing Bloodstorm. Map 01 is sick. Prolly make some demos later. Here is my initial playthrough though!

I completely missed the doors in the final room though. Maybe make them a bit easier to see. Only if you want though just a minor nitpick really (especially minor because I feel that these quirks fit well into maps like these).

Thanks for making these. I look forwards to playing the rest!

Hi Killer5.

Thanks for your feedback and your playtrought! I will take care of it to make them easier to see.
I will correct them in next release (because there is still some minor texture issues and I worked on map 6)

What engine did you use?

Serekay said:

What engine did you use?

The lack of fake contrast on walls and the appearance of the save menu implies that he used GZDoom.

Serekay said:

record a Demo to show you can beat this beast.

GZDoom has compatibility issues that make it inappropriate/unsuitable for traditional demo recording - it's the very reason why speedrunners use PrBoom-plus over it.

@Serekay
I used GZDoom 2.1.1 to play.

@scifista42
I have recorded demos in GZDoom for testing ZDoom based maps in the past. They seemed to work fine as long as I made notes of the compatibility flags I used when recording (boom, boom (strict), etc) as well as made sure we used the same version of the port.

But you are right ZDoom does not have anywhere near the demo recording/demo playback capabilities of prboom+.

^ Right, it's possible to properly play back GZDoom demos if the same version of the port is used. The issue is with inconvenience up to impossibility of doing this. There are lots of different versions of GZDoom, so the player can't be expected to have all of them readily available on his computer. What's more, not all versions are necessarily properly archived on the internet either. Therefore, due to having to find, download and use a specific executable just to play back a specific demo, I called GZDoom inappropriate/unsuitable for demo recording. Compare with PrBoom-plus: Any version of this port allows you to play back any demo recorded in any of its previous versions or any one of a wide range of other ports.

scifista42 said:

What's more, not all versions are necessarily properly archived on the internet either.

All official versions are. Which are really the only ones that should ever be considered for demo recording.

bloodstorm is my only one in hexen format because i tested some Scripts in gzdoom.

all of my next maps will be in boom format for best compatibility.

1 hour ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Is the wad intended to be played with faster weapons? I've tried the .bex files and the weapons appear to never run out of ammunition.

No i only put faster weapons bex Files if you cant beat this. Ammo is set to unlimited.

On Thu Apr 27 2017 at 10:03 PM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I beat level 5 from your wad.

Great dude 👍 map 5 is more a slaughtermap. Great Performance!

I tried getting through level 6 and I don't see a linedef that has a tag that links to the sector with tag 20 (I opened it up with GZDoom Builder), where the arch-viles are located.

On 6.5.2017 at 9:16 PM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I tried getting through level 6 and I don't see a linedef that has a tag that links to the sector with tag 20 (I opened it up with GZDoom Builder), where the arch-viles are located.

Oh crap i forget to link Tag 20 with Switch near the Pinkis.

I fixed that and Map is updated in first post!

thanks for your report!

14 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I beat level 6. Video is up.

Great work man!

Wait for the other Maps ;)