Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breeder

ZDOOM, GZDOOM, Zandronum Button Stick Issue Under Linux

I have noticed that under all three source ports in Linux that the left Mouse button (maybe right too, I've not noticed), locks during game play so that the player will not stop shooting. Other times it makes it difficult to start shooting at all.

I have not noticed this behavior under Windows, only Linux Mint/Mate 64 and 32 bit distros, 18.1 and 17.3. Under Wine, again, this does not occur.

RestlessRodent said:

Does this happen with different mice?

All of my mice act the same, yes.

EDIT: I am noticing that DarkPlaces (Quake port) also has issues with the fire button...

Which kind of computer is this? Is it a laptop or a desktop?

And which type of mice are you using, USB or PS/2?

Run `xev` and click in the window if you can try triggering it. If it happens there it is possible that there is an issue with your X installation or something up the hardware. If it does not, then it is likely just SDL.

If you get the stuck mouse with `xev` then you can run `evtest` as root on the mouse, which is one of `/dev/input/event*`. If it happens there then it is a kernel or hardware issue.

After the mouse gets stuck, run `dmesg` and see if there is anything about USB that is recent while playing or IRQ issues.

RestlessRodent said:

Which kind of computer is this? Is it a laptop or a desktop?

And which type of mice are you using, USB or PS/2?

Run `xev` and click in the window if you can try triggering it. If it happens there it is possible that there is an issue with your X installation or something up the hardware. If it does not, then it is likely just SDL.

If you get the stuck mouse with `xev` then you can run `evtest` as root on the mouse, which is one of `/dev/input/event*`. If it happens there then it is a kernel or hardware issue.

After the mouse gets stuck, run `dmesg` and see if there is anything about USB that is recent while playing or IRQ issues.

It plays friendly with xev, and I own over 12 computer, those being laptops, towers, tablets, and so forth that are all running Linux minus the tablet and 1 Tower which is on Windows, though as I said, I never have this issue under Windows. I believe it is Linux SDL related.

Breeder said:

It plays friendly with xev, and I own over 12 computer, those being laptops, towers, tablets, and so forth that are all running Linux minus the tablet and 1 Tower which is on Windows, though as I said, I never have this issue under Windows. I believe it is Linux SDL related.

Does it happen in Chocolate Doom, PrBoom-Plus, and Odamex?

Because if it does not, then it is likely an issue with ZDoom's event handler.

I know you said you tested it with a few mice but are all of them made by Logitech by any chance? A few mice put out by them over a certain period a few years back had a problem where the left click gets stuck on occasion. My G500 has that exact problem.