Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

Vocaloids...

That Nice to Meet You Mr.Earthling song was very strange, for me. But I liked how 3D models were used for that video.

But damn that cat face was messed up.

There's a lot of really cool vocaloid music out there. Here's a few samples from a few of my favorite artists:

Artist: DECO*27 | Song: Streaming Heart

DECO*27 does a mix of heavy rock, pop, and electronica. Really accessible and catchy stuff.

Artist: Kikuo | Song: 光よ

Kikuo is an artist who specializes in creating very eclectic (and often very dark) pop music. The contrast between the dark/morbid lyrics and the cute-sounding vocals can be off-putting, but the quality of his productions more than make up for it in my eyes.

Artist: Supercell | Song: ODDS&ENDS

Ryo (the main composer behind Supercell) has been involved in many different musical groups. His main group's first album used Vocaloid exclusively for its vocals, with one of its more popular tracks spawning an entire anime series (Black Rock Shooter). Subsequent album releases have opted to use live vocals, though he still releases vocaloid tracks from time to time.

Artist: Mitchie M | Song: Burenai ai de

Mitchie M does fairly straightforward pop / electronic music with infectious melodies that are hard to shake. I can't help but be impressed by just how authentic the vocals in his tracks sound; if I didn't know any better, I'd say he was cheating and using live vocals.

Artist: PinnochioP | Song: Arifureta Sekai Seifuku

PinnochioP has already been mentioned several times in this thread, but I'll contribute another track.

O Light is a really cool song. (Aside from the digital vocals that put me off of any vocaloid song that is.) Does a lot of interesting things to create a very strong tone and feel.

Really great tracks. 光よ is especially awesome, the instrumentation and heavy drumming give it a hell of a mood. The drums kind of remind me of Amon Tobin's music; this has a different feel to it but it's dripping with atmosphere in a similar way.

I don't mind the artificial vocals at all, personally. They sounded a bit weird to me at first exposure, but it didn't take long for me to get used to them and now I think they're pretty cool actually! Plus, solo electronic artists being able to sequence complex vocal performances is awesome as hell. Vocaloid seems like a really good tool for making weird experimental pop music with.

This thread is giving me so much good music to check out :)

esselfortium said:

This thread is giving me so much good music to check out :)

Same here :)

O Light was pretty scary to watch. The song too for some reason.

I randomly found this song:

It's oddly catchy, albeit a bit sexual too. But I love songs that get my attention. This Supercell's/Ryo's and many of Pinochio-P's songs are probably the ones I love to listen to.
Anyone else know more songs that are catchy?

eh, i couldn't ever really get into vocaloids. i mean, the characters are cute and all, but i just don't really like the music. i guess it isn't agressive and loud enough for me :?

^i don't think you can blame the music, as that's what the author come up with. Vocaloids produce the vocals only IIRC.

AgentSpork said:

These are great, thanks for passing them along! I've still been obsessing over Kikuo Miku 4 since you recommended it to me.

Agentbromsnor said:

So this is why I hate anime-music. Cool.

Thank's for your,e contribution

Netherstorm said:

This one is my favourite. Catchy as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmf9JkedPR8

This used to be my favourite until I recently heard I Like You I Love You song.

Anybody heard Echo?

Neat music, but could use more vocals.

Are there any other english songs that are good too?

Agentbromsnor said:

So this is why I hate anime-music. Cool.

At first thought it was agentspork who posted this, which got me confused.

esselfortium said:

These are great, thanks for passing them along! I've still been obsessing over Kikuo Miku 4 since you recommended it to me.

I am in desperate need of more Kikuo in my life. His production and songwriting skills are absolutely stellar, and I'm always picking up new details in his songs whenever I listen to them.

Voros said:

Anybody heard Echo?

ECHO is pretty great, yeah. One of the producers that collaborated on that track (CircusP) created another song as part of a live concert contest, and ended up winning:

American electronic / chiptune band Anamanaguchi also released an english Vocaloid song a while back. It's super catchy and adorable to start off, but goes to some pretty weird places towards the end:

Voros said:

At first thought it was agentspork who posted this, which got me confused.

What can I say? Self-deprecation always was one of my strong suits. ;)

Checked out Ten Thousand Stars. Its a pretty good song, but I guess english isn't Miku's cup of tea, but CircusP made good use of it.

Thanks for the links!

Guest Unregistered account

Has Easypop not been mentioned?

Agentbromsnor apparently we care a lot about this guy's opinion? Holy shit what is our growth strategy without this guy's assho- I mean, opinion??

For me vocaloid is just a subculture for dubstep that got segregated just because it's featuring a Japanese edge.
Same thing with anime.

I dislike both because they're just too edgy, yet generic.

joe-ilya said:

For me vocaloid is just a subculture for dubstep that got segregated just because it's featuring a Japanese edge.
Same thing with anime.

I dislike both because they're just too edgy, yet generic.

The funny thing is, I have no idea if you're being sarcastic about the quality, or being sarcastic about your own sarcasm because of what "what a quality post" defaults to for me.

Spectre01 said:

It's a software that emulates vocals to sing songs. They happen to have mascot characters because Japan loves them.

Huh, neat. Is there a free software that can do this? I want it to sing Meatmen songs.
EDIT: I want vocaloids that look and sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

^Arnold singing? That truly is something I'd like to see. Maybe Arnold would agree to the makers to record the sounds needed for the voicebank. He probably doesn't know about this though.

Anyway, it's the songs and voices that i like about the vocaloids. Not the mascots (as cute they tend to be), they're a trivial matter to me. It's the voice that's the real deal, and how people use it perform/record amazing songs.

Amanaguchi was going great, until that strange last bit, Spork. What were the guys thinking, chaanging the tone like that?