Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hicks

who wants cheats?

hey Doomers... how many of you wants that DOOM 3 with cheats?
-i wanna play with out cheats

I want cheats for when I just wanna check out the monsters/environments without fear of getting killed.

Ditto. I also like cheats to mess around with things like bombs and shit without dying. IE in Eternity I play barrel dominoes and I use Godmode so I don't die.

Cheats would be cool. But I would use after I finish the game, otherwise it would completely ruin the gameplay. Cheats should be available when the player finishes the game, like appearing in the Option or something. Like when you finish the game at the easiest level, you get a few not so good cheats, and better cheats when you finish the game at harder difficulty level. Like godmode at medium and infinite ammo/all guns at the hardest level, but the player need to pass the game without using cheats to get the new ones. It would add to the gameplay, at least for me, and it would force player to play at harder difficulty setting.

Cheats are fun for after your done the game, it just ruins it if u use them to beat the game though imo. If there are cheats for it then, hey, the more fun it is for after the game is beat for me :)

Darkstalker said:

Cheats would be cool. But I would use after I finish the game, otherwise it would completely ruin the gameplay. Cheats should be available when the player finishes the game, like appearing in the Option or something. Like when you finish the game at the easiest level, you get a few not so good cheats, and better cheats when you finish the game at harder difficulty level... and it would force player to play at harder difficulty setting.

This is how Quake3 Arena worked on the Dreamcast(i know of some other console games like this too). You can earn special modes/cheats by beating the game on various difficulty settings.

I wouldn't use cheats until after I had finished the game first - on a skill level that doesn't frustrate.

I'd probably replay the game afterwards on Nightmare with cheats.

Of course, cheats are cool.
When I've beat a game a couple times I usually try playing through the first map with one of the most powerful weapons to see how it's like to mow your way through the early levels with that weapon.
Latest example: I escaped from Castle Wolfenstein in RtCW using the Venom gun all the way - such fun :-D

Yup. They may as well include cheats. You never know, DOOM III may end up sucking as a game, but its graphics and "architecture" it will be cool anyway from what we can see. If that were so, it would certainly suck to really have to play through the whole thing just to see stuff.

Yea, THPS lets you unlock the cheats by beating the game a few times (21 in thps3 O_o). Anyway, yea, I'd say that would be good, but there would always be some console command or hack to get the cheats to work without beating it first... but then, people who play games with cheats generally don't get as much fun out of the game as they would without em, so blah. It's just a matter of self-control, really. One which most of the people here will have no problems with... (I certainly won't be using cheats anyway)

On one hand, if DoomIII has cheats as easy as the ones for original Doom, it'd be kinda lame. On the other hand, if you had to beat the game with respawning monsters than I don't think it'd be real good. I propose the old NES was of entering codes. A certain combination of buttons has to be entered in a quickly dissapearing id logo screen.

JavaGuy said:

On one hand, if DoomIII has cheats as easy as the ones for original Doom, it'd be kinda lame. On the other hand, if you had to beat the game with respawning monsters than I don't think it'd be real good. I propose the old NES was of entering codes. A certain combination of buttons has to be entered in a quickly dissapearing id logo screen.

No, I don't want cheats that are annoyingly difficult to enter - once I've beaten the game a number of times (without cheating mind you) I'd like to have some fun with the cheating, but I wouldn't bother if I had to be really fast to type in the code in one of the special screens or anything like that crap.
Let's have some good ol'fashioned console command cheats please - don't mind if it's a requirement to beat the game first before cheat codes will work for the first time though.

I never use god mode. I do sometimes skip ahead to a later level and give myself all weapons. and easter eggs are always good. I WANT EASTER EGGS!

Bear in mind cheats are editing tools as well. Also, anyone here thinks Carmack will do differently than what he's done in the past in respect to cheats? I don't think so. Cheats aren't a problem.

What about us crappy gamers who can't finish the game any other way? Eh? EH? Crappy gamers are gamers too!

I want IDDQD, IDKFA, etc. None of this Quake 3 bull shit where you have to enter 78128642994520 different commands in the console before you can get god mode. I don't know if that's possible in newer games, but if it is I think id probaly did it. Also, I hope they stay with classic cheats. If I type in IDDQD and it gives me a smart-ass Heretic message saying "you deserve to die", and I get killed, I am sending teh Carmack an indignant email.

Uh, yeah.

i want cheats so that i can explore the details without getting killed. just to look around and hang out. i usually dont use cheats only here and there to enjoy secenry
lata

gatewatcher said:

If I type in IDDQD and it gives me a smart-ass Heretic message saying "you deserve to die", and I get killed, I am sending teh Carmack an indignant email.

Then it'd be just TOO easy to cheat. Maybe have the IDDQD cheat in reverse? (DQDDI)

gatewatcher said:

None of this Quake 3 bull shit where you have to enter 78128642994520 different commands in the console before you can get god mode.

/devmap q3dm1
/god

AirRaid said:

I'm sure you mean

"/devmap q3dm1
/god x10^8839040"

I do this when testing out my custom Q3A bots' behavior and chat messages:

/devmap (level)
/god
/give all

Then I shoot the bot with various weapons and see what he says. I then turn God Mode off and allow him to kill me to see what happens.

ACtually, due to portal engine restrictions and the problems with giving the player certain amounts of destruction powers at certain times there might not be certain cheats acsessible. Id might limit certain levels to certain weapons on purpose so that you cant do illogical things agains tthe scripted stuff. well see

Xian, does it matter... when you are cheating you are no longer really playing the game anyway. Restricting the cheats for those reasons would be like giving a green (well at least yellow) light to cheating in SP... it would be like supposing that players will normally use cheats once in a while to play. Cheats are there primarily for editing (originally for game development.)

If you cheat you aren't really playing, just fooling around in the maps, so I doubt it matters if the game is somehow technically "broken" in the process.

I find cheats entertaining when I've completed a game without having the need to use them, at all. Otherwise, you're just being lazy (???).