Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Any memorable wads where you have to crouch?

I can't think of any, I just know that the Legacy documentations said they'd never implement it, because "A marine doesn't crouch!"

Very...specific question I must say~ :P Most maps don't take it into account, same with jumping but even so...I'm sure there are a few Zdoom based ones that make use of it~ :P

FuzzballFox said:

Very...specific question I must say~ :P Most maps don't take it into account, same with jumping but even so...I'm sure there are a few Zdoom based ones that make use of it~ :P

For me its becauwe most of the time I cant tell if im supposed to be jumping or crouching, or if it would be considered cheating. Itd be nice if there was a simple universal way to tell players.

I think it's safe to assume that any recent ZDoom map that doesn't flat-out disable either of them is designed with them in mind, if only in sense that using them won't break anything.

I mean, if they do, than it's either a sign of not knowing what the player is capable of or a case of a mapping oversight. If a map has all sorts of ZDoom features yet is skippable with the single press of the bottom, then either some sort of statement is being made or whoever whipped it up could really do with looking at the Customize Controls menu.