Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

It's tax season.

How soon after receiving your tax forms do you file your taxes?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How soon after receiving your tax forms do you file your taxes?

• I do them right away
    • I wait a while
    • I don't file taxes

Just bored and looking for discussion.

I just got mine done and got a very nice return. Thanks for that, higher education.

I always do mine as soon as I get them, and never understood why so many people I know wait until April to do it.

Do you guys do yours right away or do you wait? Why?

I like doing mine right away so I can just get it out of the way and then I get my refund sooner.

While I live at home I deliberately elect to be taxed higher. When tax time comes around it's a big payout. So I tend to do it straight away excited about the money although I'm starting to get a decent enough wage not to get it all back.

I am frugal beyond your wildest dreams. I have no life. No hobbies. No car. Nobody that isn't related to me has ever loved me more than superficially, so no need to consider them in the equation. I eye the three page booklet I get sent home from my government, log in with one code on their webpage(which traditionally always breaks from overload in the last minute rush when half of a medium sized country population-wise wakes up and collectively goes "Aw, fuuuuck". One year I think the government had to extend the limit). I Sign off with an other code.

Done.

15 minutes tops.

Chezza - maybe I should try that too when I live at home.

Missed the housing tax reminder email this year, had to pay an extra 100 euros for being late. Blah. I wish email clients had it so sources you tag as important show up bigger visually. Usual notifications do nothing for me because years of smartphone usage or other forced interfaces have trained the brain to ignore a red number popping on the top right corner.

In a perfect world, taxes would be banned. But nobody ever said life was a rose garden.

Staying on topic, I didn't vote because my dad takes care of the taxes, and it's his least favorite part of the season... but don't quote me on that.

TurboTax heed my call!

Looking forward to taxes slightly more this year. I've been working as a sub-contractor (1099) the past 2-3 years and it has hurt BADLY each year. I finally got salaried last year so I'm hoping my refund will help cover the significant cost of the ~$4k in taxes I'm still paying off monthly.

I typically do mine at the end of FEB. Simply because it tends to be a comfortable middle ground.

I do my taxes online, as with almost everything else when dealing with banks, insurance or government. This thanks to a national electronic signature ID system. This also means most of my finances are already known by the IRS. Taxes are due April 1st; I'll wait until the start of March, see if there's no bugs mentioned in the news (this sometimes happens due to new legislation not having been processed correctly). By this time most of my information has already filtered down to the IRS databanks and all that's left for me is basically to double check the numbers before setting my electronic signature and pressing submit.

My present income is too low for me to have to pay any income tax at all. I was once investigated by HMRC (the UK tax authority) who required me to provide about 60 documents to them within a 10 day deadline. I'd rather fight a dozen Cyberdemons with a pistol in an enclosed space any day.