Sign in to follow this  
Vominus

Just one question

PC or Console?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. PC or Console?

• PC
    • Console

I just have one simple question that I need answered.

Do you prefer gaming on a PC or a console?

PC. While gaming on a console is cheaper, and playing on a couch in always good, gaming on your own PC is always better. for a few resigns:

1) patches
If a programmer screws up they can fix it with a patch witch you can grab of the internet. at the moment consoles can not.

2) internet gaming.
true, the newer consoles clam to support this option, but it's yet to gain much popularity. PC however, you have a wide selection of games both old and new and a world of people to play ageist.

3) mod
free mods, source ports and maps. make old games new again.

4) More then one use
Consoles are primarily for playing games. so if your girlfrend/boyfrend/wife/husband/pearants has a problem with games, you cannot say you've got a console for work porpoises. Computers however, are a whole different story.

5) Privacy
this one probably only really applies to myself. if you live in a house full of people, if your using a consol, you going to get an audience (witch I dislike) or you going to have a people kicking you off to watch TV. With PCs you can lock yourself in your room and play away without the real world seeping in to disturbed you.

6) Upgrades
PCs upgrade allot easier then consuls do. (Provided you have the money)

You're making this too easy for me - PC. So many purposes, upgrade options, far superior games and generally much better in every way compared to a console.

heh, dude, I just did a speech on this in english class, and barely made my time minimum of 2 minutes.

Oh, Vominus. WHERE THE HELL IS dEADNAIL?

Both. They each and their own disadvantages and disadvantages which complement each other IMO.

PC all the way, for much the same reasons as Ct_red_pants says. Plus, most console systems can be emulated anyways.

Ct_red_pants said all these quotes:

1) patches
If a programmer screws up they can fix it with a patch witch you can grab of the internet. at the moment consoles can not.

They fix up games all the time on consoles...well actually they playtest them vigorously beforehand so there is no need for a patch. And if the bug is very big, they usually re-release the game anyhow.

2) internet gaming.
true, the newer consoles clam to support this option, but it's yet to gain much popularity. PC however, you have a wide selection of games both old and new and a world of people to play ageist.

So? Invite some friends around and play some good old 4 player games!

3) mod
free mods, source ports and maps. make old games new again.

Well yeah, but who cares? You can still fuck around with the original game anyways.

4) More then one use
Consoles are primarily for playing games. so if your girlfrend/boyfrend/wife/husband/pearants has a problem with games, you cannot say you've got a console for work porpoises. Computers however, are a whole different story.

Well um, tell the girlfrend/boyfrend/wife/husband/pearants to go awaya and deal with it.

5) Privacy
this one probably only really applies to myself. if you live in a house full of people, if your using a consol, you going to get an audience (witch I dislike) or you going to have a people kicking you off to watch TV. With PCs you can lock yourself in your room and play away without the real world seeping in to disturbed you.

You can also lock yourself in the room with your console and TV. :P

6) Upgrades
PCs upgrade allot easier then consuls do. (Provided you have the money)

The N64 had a memory upgrade. You pulled out the old memory cartidge, then put in the new one. Simple.

Well shit I didn't mean to make a big ass negative post against you CT it's just that I felt like it. Well seriously you can still have heaps of fun and still get a good challenge outta consoles.

You can also get some games on consoles that aren't released on PC...shit...I can't even name one. Dammit...

Also with consoles you don't have to go through the crap of installing a game and then fucking around with settings to make it run top notch on your PC. You just put it in and play.

/me prepares to be flamed

mmnpsrsoskl said:
/me prepares to be flamed

OHHH I'LL SHOW YOU BOY!!
/me lights flam thrower.

Actually, your right, but if I had to go to a desert island with only a solar panel with three sockets and was only allowed to take my computer or my PSX & N64 with TV (no reception). I'd most certainly take old bess. (err my puta).

/me instead of using his flame thrower on mmnpsrsoskl, he uses it to cook a chicken.

yummy.

PS thank you for not making fun of my spelling. :)

mmnpsrsoskl said:

They fix up games all the time on consoles...well actually they playtest them vigorously beforehand so there is no need for a patch. And if the bug is very big, they usually re-release the game anyhow.

Exactly. This (and multiplayer) are the biggest advantages of consoles. Downloading a mandatory 117MB patch because some nerd couldn't get the game to work on his Gravis sound card with KyroMegaGFX 3000 graphics card is not fun.

Ct_red_pants said:

I'd most certainly take old bess. (err my puta).

ROFLMAO!!

hehe, sorry buddy, it's just that "puta" is the spanish word for bitch/whore and the way you said it...

I use both as they both have pros and cons. computers can crash or lock-up, but are more versitile, while consoles are very static in their uses, but more stable. theres more stuff I could throw out, but I don't have time now. BTW, both should have been an option in the poll.

Oh, Vominus. WHERE THE HELL IS dEADNAIL?

I have no idea man...

BTW, both should have been an option in the poll.

The question is which do you prefer, I know it's not always easy to make decisions, but you con do eet mon!!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who participated in my poll as it was actually something I needed for school. You've all been a great help!

p.s. I like the signature with the GWAR quote, I'm a huge fan myself. They were one of the bands that started it all for me!

For those of you not aware, I am the Metal Master and I dare anyone to try and defy me!

Ct_red_pants said:

PS thank you for not making fun of my spelling. :)

Hey I can't make fun of teh speshul spelling now can I? Just make sure you pass me some of that chicken.

AndrewB said:

Exactly. This (and multiplayer) are the biggest advantages of consoles. Downloading a mandatory 117MB patch because some nerd couldn't get the game to work on his Gravis sound card with KyroMegaGFX 3000 graphics card is not fun.

Yes. This is one thing I don't like. And besides, you know that if you have to patch a game to get it to work they have not sold you a full version of the game...yay and joyfulness.

Damm I wish Ling would install the multi quote hack for VB cause I hate copying and pasting.

Lobo said:
hehe, sorry buddy, it's just that "puta" is the spanish word for bitch/whore and the way you said it...

hmmm, I guess if I had to live on a desert island I'd be better off taking a spanish whore :).

/me gives mmnpsrsoskl some chicken.