Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The Most Uncomfortable Movie Scene You Have Ever Seen

I just got done watching a scene in a movie called Bone Tomahawk where an unconcscious man is dragged from a wooden cage by some tribe (Apaches, perhaps). The other prisoners beg them to spare his life but they just keep going at it. They strip him, then scalp him and stuff his scalp down his throat. Then they turn him upside down (he is still alive), two tribesmen spread his legs open while another takes an ax and begins chopping into his crotch. The man screams throughout the whole process, and after three or four good whacks they split the man apart like a wishbone, spilling his organs out.

Normally, gore doesn't bother me at all. Hell, Cannibal Holocaust didn't even bother me that much (aside fom the real animal torture scenes). But this was something else.

Have you ever seen something in a film (or even real life) that left you feeling truly unsettled?

The splinter to the eye scene in Zombi 2. Imagining some sharp piercing an eye is bad enough to me, let alone imagine looking directly into a sharp object. Seeing just a still of that scene is enough to make me shiver and want to faint.

When i first heard about the film "The human centipede" it's mere concept made me feel uncomfortable that i'm not even going to write that. After reading the plot in wikipedia(Yup i was curious!), i decided i'll never watch the movie or its sequels (seriously?)in my life.

roadworx said:

the sex scenes in 'the room'. truly terrifying.

I'm FEDUP wit dis wurld!
(Should be Tommy's custom title had he been in doomworld)

The eye scene in Un Chien Andalou. And the scene in Pan's Labyrinth where Vidal kills an innocent young farmer with a wine bottle.

P.S. I don't watch intentionally disgusting/extremely brutal movies, these scenes caught me by suprise.

Jigsaw's brain surgery scene in Saw 3. Thing made me literally pass out.

I've seen many movies with uncomfortable scenes that now i just don't find them uncomfortable, although a movie that comes to mind that was uncomfortable to me was The Untold Story from 1993.

The, uh, "family" scene in A Serbian Film. Uncomfortable is a massive understatement. Thankfully I don't remember the details very well as it's been years since I saw the movie and I really don't plan on watching it ever again.

SWDude said:

When I first heard about the film "The human centipede" its mere concept made me feel uncomfortable that I'm not even going to write that. After reading the plot in wikipedia (Yup I was curious!), I decided I'll never watch the movie or its sequels (seriously?) in my life.

Actually, the first one is not too bad. Very little gore - more psychological, though certainly somewhat disturbing. The sequels are indeed as putrid as you would expect.

Veinen said:

The, uh, "family" scene in A Serbian Film. Uncomfortable is a massive understatement. Thankfully I don't remember the details very well as it's been years since I saw the movie and I really don't plan on watching it ever again.

you mean the baby-rape scene?

that was...um...different?

1994's Serial Mom: The main character Beverly is seen killing someone by Scotty. She chases him to a club where she sets him on fire. Scotty runs onto the stage in flames only for the band & crowd to mock him as he burns alive. This was an extremely uncomfortable seen in what was otherwise a rather funny black comedy.

1996's Necronomicon: This was an anthology film of several HP Lovecraft stories. While most were rather forgettable the sequence Whispers involved a pregnant police officer, Sarah, finding herself in the home of 2 psychopaths. These 2 are capturing victims which they in turn feed to some weird ass alien bat creatures living under their home. Sarah falls unconscious & then later wakes up in a hospital. In the hospital Sarah is told she had to have an abortion. Sarah starts to scream, but she is told to be quiet or she will wake the baby. That's when the hospital facade falls away to reveal that she is still under the house of the 2 psychopath's, her baby consumed by one of the bat creatures. The 2 psychopaths tell Sarah that the bats need bone marrow to survive, at that point they cut off Sarah's hands & feet so that the bats can feast on her bone marrow as she screams in agony.

1996's The Crucible: This is the story of the Salem Witch Trials. Portrayed here as a case of hysteria, the scene where all of the "witches" are hung at the noose is almost unwatchable for me.

2001's Just Ask My Children: This is a drama based on the Kern County child abuse cases from the 1980's. It's essentially a modern day Salem Witch Trials where hysteria got the better of people. In these cases 60 children accused their parents of abusing or molesting them. Many of these people went to jail, some of who were truly innocent of any crimes.

2003's Cold Mountain & 2003's Mystic River: Fuck my life. I watched both of these films back to back on the same day. There's no one scene in particular that I can point out, both of these film are just filled with fucked up scene after fucked up scene.

2007's Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem: The whole scene where the predalien goes into the hospital & plants chestbursters into all of the pregnant women.

2010's A Serbian Film: This doesn't even deserve to be called a film. It's just something that shows you a series of the most fucked up acts of rape imaginable just to piss you off. I've seen people get pissed off just reading the plot synopsis on Wikipedia.

There are several others that I could add to this list but the ones listed above really stand out above anything else.

roadworx said:

you mean the baby-rape scene?

that was...um...different?

No, I mean the rape scene that involved the main character and his entire family. Not that the baby scene was any less disturbing though.

Hard to say what the most disturbing scene I've ever watched was, but offhand, both of the genital mutilation scenes in Lars von Trier's 'Antichrist' spring to mind.

actually, there's a movie called "green elephant" from the land of russia.
basically, it's about two POWs in a russian prison that get subjected to torture, humiliation, rape...pretty much all you can think of. the two are eventually just driven to complete insanity, and murder their captors before raping their corpses.

it's super messed up, and the entire movie is just really uncomfortable to watch, especially because of the quality of the film; it's just so low budget that at times, it just makes it even more disturbing to watch than if it had more effects and such.

and, of course, russia made a meme out of it. gg russia.

roadworx said:

actually, there's a movie called "green elephant" from the land of russia.

I literally just wanted to post about it. A sequel is apparently in the works.
You also didn't mention that the movie is full of amazing one-liners. I could watch that movie all day. Also the memes, I love ZS memes.
And you didn't mention

Spoiler

excrement eating and referring to it as to "sweet bread"

bzzrak said:

And you didn't mention

Spoiler

excrement eating and referring to it as to "sweet bread"

okay, yeah, i will admit i laughed my ass off at that part

i probably would've found it funnier if i was fluent in russian...but, sadly, i'm not.

Jaws In Space said:

2010's A Serbian Film: This doesn't even deserve to be called a film. It's just something that shows you a series of the most fucked up acts of rape imaginable just to piss you off. I've seen people get pissed off just reading the plot synopsis on Wikipedia.

This.

Hostel bothered me and I don't even want to watch Centepede as I doubt I will get any form of entertainment other than massive uncomfortable cringe scenes. But I bet nothing compares to the f#$%ed up movie "A Serbian Film". It's disgusting, edgy and not fun to watch. That movie can go die.

There is a baby rape scene straight from birth and another scene where a man is drugged up and unknowingly rapes his son from the rear. What reasonable person on this planet could ever develop the urge to watch a film based on what I said alone?

roadworx said:

okay, yeah, i will admit i laughed my ass off at that part

For me the scene of *filling* the plate was the most uncomfy part TBH. But yeah, the *feeding* was hilarious.

SWDude said:

When i first heard about the film "The human centipede" it's mere concept made me feel uncomfortable that i'm not even going to write that. After reading the plot in wikipedia(Yup i was curious!), i decided i'll never watch the movie or its sequels (seriously?)in my life.

The first one is actually pretty tame in comparison to the second one.
You don't ever see anything, it's all in your mind, which is what makes it messed up.
However the second one shows quite a lot of shit, even though its in black and white, and straight up a baby gets his head smashed.

To me, the most uncomfortable movie goes to A Serbian Film.
The most uncomfortable movie I liked but would never watch again is Requiem for a Dream.

Caffeine Freak said:

Hard to say what the most disturbing scene I've ever watched was, but offhand, both of the genital mutilation scenes in Lars von Trier's 'Antichrist' spring to mind.

Yeah, there's both a male and female genital torture scene and the female one in particular is fucking brutal, shot beautifully but incredibly ugly to witness. Ends up looking like a goregrind album cover.

No mutilation, but there's a scene in One Hour Photo that made my skin crawl like nothing else. Robin Williams plays a lonely old man who works at a photo lab and stalks a family. Creep factor 11.

I only managed to get a few min into Human Centipede before I had to turn it off. I can't pick one scene in particular that got to me. I watched it out of curiosity because the premise was so off the wall I thought that they could never make a movie about it.

A Serbian Film has come up on in a few movie discussions I have had over the years, but I never watched it. It is way to extreme for me and it would probably boil my blood to watch it. I'm not a huge advocate for censorship, but I think there has to be a line somewhere that should never be crossed. Based on what I have heard about the movie it crosses that line a few times and I wouldn't mind seeing it banned world wide.

The scene with the Senator and the protagonist in HotBot (2016)

If only because it is so out of left field and unexpected...even in a movie called HotBot, which is exactly what it sounds like it is about.

While I didn't "see" the whole movie, it does disturb me that Movie 43 ever got made. There are just some things that do not, and probably should not, ever translate into humor.