Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Looper

Arch-Vile Jump (megawad) demos [-complevel 2]

GrumpyCat said:

Map16 Pacifist 0:39

I hate the doors contraption before blue key =)

hahaha why? it teaches you how long you have to wait for the lift to raise :).

btw, I mentioned sub 30 mins should be possible in map32
today I tried UV speed again after a long time
2nd try: 43:00
4th try: fail at last jump at around 35 mins
5th try: fail at last jump at around 29 mins

the 5th try I made a 2 segment TAS demo out of it. It is actually sub 30 mins in 29:57.
The cut for the 2nd segment is directly before the last jump (around 29:20), and of course it was the first try doing it -.-.

So sub 30 is surely possible.

Please DO NOT UPLOAD it to doomedsda.us

aj32a40s.zip

GrumpyCat said:

Map19 Pacifist 0:31

And bonus - the way to take red key without av assistance, useful for tas.

oh wow nice! thank you for your find of the red key trick! It will come very handy in the next map19 TAS, EP2 TAS or D2ALL TAS

Hello guys, it's time for a bump!

Map 32 UV Speed time 41:10

It's a shame that my time and termrork's are very similar, but hey, it's still a little bit faster, so I decided to upload it anyway (but please ignore that double jump to red door, it's horrible to watch).

Off topic:

Spoiler

I hope I won't disappear again, in these months I've been really busy with my master thesis, I should graduate next month. That's basically the reason why I'm not speedrunning in this period (aside this magical map occasionaly).

aj324110.zip

awesome job red! it is a great demo and actually having this 8 min delay in it at a single jump is in my opinion better than having an ordinary 41m time (like I do). the reason is because this shows if you could have pulled off this single jump you could easily have a 33m time! congratulations!

of course I will try everything to get that record back >:)
to be honest I already know this demo for some time and I already tried it 44 times without success... what does NOT mean I give up, this is just the beginning!

btw. that bump came to the right time, it is 1 day before 1 year has been passed :)!

attached is an attempt of map32 uv tyson. it is segmented and done with prboom-plus.

actually it is to at least 90% done and shows that map32 uv tyson is indeed possible.

THIS DEMO IS WITHOUT EXITING

this demo is not meant to be uploaded to doomedsda.us

aj32ty84.lmp.zip

32 uv speed in 33:07 :D:D

Description:
:))))))))))))))))))))
2 years 3 months and 10 days after Red made the record for this map I finally got it back!
Immediately after I finished it I wrote him and I wanted to share the chat with you since it
pinpoints the situation perfectly:
error: 8)
error: (cheer) (champagne)
error: !!!;!
error: Wohoo
Red-XIII: Uhn
error: :D:D
Red-XIII: Something tells me that something good happened to you
error: Pure Adrenalin !!
Red-XIII: And something that is not good for me
error: :D:D:D
Red-XIII: Oh boy
Red-XIII: Please no
error: Yes!!
Red-XIII: Map32?? You beated me??
error: :)
Red-XIII: Holy shit!!!

Actually I was very surprised he knew exactly why I wrote him.

ABOUT THE RUN ITSELF:
Extremely lucky, quite good execution except for the jump before red door... I missed about
5 minutes there :(. It would have been a time under 30 without it and the sad part of it is
that it was the first time I failed there. Actually after the 2 spheres were gone and I did
not do the jump I wanted to stay there and die. Just a few seconds later I remembered that
I could still exit by going back since I knew it would be a awesome time even when I go back.

But even with that I am very happy :D! Finally I can sleep again knowing that my record is
back where it belongs to, me >:)!

Played without sound which explains minor mistakes like not hearing that the AV attacked me.

Acknowledgments: Of course to Red-XIII! Nothing makes you better than an inspiring and motivating
rivalry! In terms of doom skills this run is the highest achievement I was able to accomplish
and I would have been not able to push my boundaries that far without this rivalry. Thank you!

aj32-3307.zip

1 hour ago, termrork said:

But even with that I am very happy :D! Finally I can sleep again knowing that my record is
back where it belongs to, me >:)!

Acknowledgments: Of course to Red-XIII! Nothing makes you better than an inspiring and motivating
rivalry! In terms of doom skills this run is the highest achievement I was able to accomplish
and I would have been not able to push my boundaries that far without this rivalry. Thank you!

Congrats for this run! Many single jumps were really unlucky, but double jumps were great! 

Thank you for this endless and great rivarly too, because as you know, there's no way I give up on beating you :)

But for now, well done!

On 4/28/2019 at 8:47 PM, termrork said:

for the first time i've watched it non stop, and I'd like to say that for sure you two are patient men.

the map is incredible, but it's the kind of levels i'd never waste a second attempt on.

can't imagine how long it takes to memorize and master the rocket jumps and the route. good job

17 hours ago, Danlex said:

Map 12 UV-Speed 0:28

avj12-28.zip

oh wow awesome demo! surpassing looper is a joy only a few people receive :), congratulations!

8 hours ago, blob1024 said:

for the first time i've watched it non stop, and I'd like to say that for sure you two are patient men.

the map is incredible, but it's the kind of levels i'd never waste a second attempt on.

can't imagine how long it takes to memorize and master the rocket jumps and the route. good job

it takes a long time... but it is fun! just played the map yesterday trying to get a <30 min time in uv speed.

actually till now this wad and especially this map is the only thing I ever created which is for me a lot of fun playing it, so I play the

hell out of it :). even about 10 years after creating it. I called it for a reason 'masterpiece', because I could not

imagine to create a doom level which surpasses this one and till now this is true. (back then I also thought as a student that I will

never have so much free time to ever create such a big map ever again xD (which is also true till now))

Map 32 UV Speed time 33:03!

Karma is real!

Two weeks ago I had 33:14, 7 seconds slower compared to termork's record. And now, 4 seconds faster!

Of course I am happy, but not fully satisfied.

The first half of this demo is probably one of the best run I have ever made. The second, not that much. With aggressive playing and without silly mistakes, even under 25 minutes should be possible.

Thank you, termork, for always pushing me beyond my limits! I wasn't sad at all when you beat me, I was thrilled to be able to beat you again!

I look forward to feel that sensation again!

aj323303.zip

What a blast Red!

Such an interesting run!

Hats off, what a showcase of skill! simply compare it to your first run. what a difference.

Very unlucky two double avjs :(. Could have easily been a sub 30 run with more luck and or

better SR50 jump. As you said maybe even a sub 25 run if combined.

:OOOOOOO

that was unexpected! do not know what to say, what an awesome pre xmas present!!!

to the run: it is easy to see that you struggle with the route a little bit which is understandable since this was your first try after some while. this makes the run even more expressive! since with these little mistakes such a time was only possible because of your incredible skill showing everybody that you are indeed a master of Arch-Vile jumps! The consistency of you pulling off these difficult tricks is simply mind blowing! cannot even think of what to say about the parts in detail: pillars were awesome, to yel was awesome, blue door was awesome, red key part damn was scary but awesome, red door part awesome and lucky, last double avj was not so awesome and very scary... but if I imagine that I am at the position knowing the time would be great my nerves would have killed me...