Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teivman

there needs to be a new plasma rifle.

No. It's perfect.

State your reasons as to why the polaric energy cannon, a perfectly good sprite, needs to be replaced. I understand you want it replaced, for reasons unknown to us.

If you can make a better weapon sprite, then why not?

What really needs replacing are the placeholder stuff, like the baron/hk, arch-vile, the PEC cooldown frames, and whatever else I missed.

to say the truth i'm not 100% happy whit plasma rifle there but its not bad its actualy cool, the only thing of i think of plasma MAY need is a recorlor in the projectile, like being red to dont be like the doom one but aside it its perfect.

Note: the sound of it is actualy better than the ear rape doom one.

Don't fix what ain't broke, especially when you've got nothing to fix it with.
Heck IMO, the plasma gun in Doom is obnoxious, compared to Freedoom. Even you must agree that this is true.
I'm fine with the blue actually. It visually more pleasing than red projectiles IMO.

Great, an armchair expert with no constructive suggestions.
We had a similar one with equally useless ideas for Freedoom on zdoom.org only last week

If anything, I think the "angle grinder" could use a little touching up. It seems a little crude compared to the other weapons.

Those things don't really need teeth. They can cut through heavy duty safes. I'm sure they can wreck a human or a monster pretty easily.

Link? I'd like to see what ideas they suggested. It wasn't zerthex again, was it?

Wow. So basically, he wanted all the amazing textures and artwork, music and so on to be used in the most blandest way possible: museum maps.

I wonder what he was smoking.

Voros said:

Wow. So basically, he wanted all the amazing textures and artwork, music and so on to be used in the most blandest way possible: museum maps.

I wonder what he was smoking.

That already exists.

Museum Maps for Freedoom

There's even a hidden Wolfenstein/Nazi section, but it's pretty boring in Freedoom. I think the "Nazi" calls you "Upham", like the cowardly character in Saving Private Ryan.