Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Outrageous Videos

New Years Speedmap

You start in a cramped corridor surrounded by enemies with the rocket launcher and not a prayer to survive. Unless you're the type of player to bind MDK to your fire button it's a troll map.

Try again.

Do you have an outrageous video of you beating the map?

You run by the revenants and by the arachnotrons to get the bfg then you kill everyone
It's meant to be extremely hard
if it's too tough you were warned
I'd prefer something more along the lines of "this area can be jumped to in Gzdoom to break the map" instead of "trollmap"

40oz said:

Do you have an outrageous video of you beating the map?

Lol it can easily be done with saves
Not sure if it's possible without saves though
The start is about luck I did it on my 30th attempt

Oh nice, so this is basically a map where you save after every step because of how luck-based this map is, good job.

Nah, Joe has a point: if you have to resort to savescumming just to make it past the first 5 seconds it's an indication that your map really isn't all that balanced. There's a difference between difficult and just plain dumb.

Might be fun if there were a way to reliably get past the start. As is, if the spiders don't allow you to get the megasphere and then get past to the BFG, you are dead. No skill element can change that. That is not very interesting. Anyway, call it balanced for TAS :D.

rdwpa said:

Might be fun if there were a way to reliably get past the start. As is, if the spiders don't allow you to get the megasphere and then get past to the BFG, you are dead. No skill element can change that. That is not very interesting. Anyway, call it balanced for TAS :D.

Yeah I grinded the start a bit and got the BFG a couple times, and came to the same conclusion. Even something like 60% less grind might make it fun.

Pure Hellspawn said:

i'm pretty sure this didn't win the contest.

Surprisingly it did
The contest was to make the hardest beatable map in 1 hour then stream it via steam and beat it
Then again there were only 12 contestants

So all in all from the feedback I've gathered it's just far too luck based and far too tough at the start
Anything else?

I like it, and I think it's a genuinely fun map, I don't understand why people hate it, it's supposed to be stupid, honestly, that's where, I think, it gets most of its charm. Why do you expect everyone to try and create a completely serious map, that is built to challenge the player all the time? For once, I want to see a map which purpose is to humor the player, not challenge them.

RipandTear667 said:

I like it, and I think it's a genuinely fun map, I don't understand why people hate it, it's supposed to be stupid, honestly, that's where, I think, it gets most of its charm. Why do you expect everyone to try and create a completely serious map, that is built to challenge the player all the time? For once, I want to see a map which purpose is to humor the player, not challenge them.

This is a slaughtermap...
And it's serious...
Not a joke...
I just misbalanced it
This is probably the most insulting thing I've heard in this thread yet

^ He was the only guy that liked it, and you're saying he insulted at you/your map? Come on, you're better than that.

I find it amusing that out of all the "this is a troll map" and "poorly made map" posts, you find the "I like it" post to be the most insulting.

Outrageous Videos said:

This is a slaughtermap...
And it's serious...
Not a joke...
I just misbalanced it
This is probably the most insulting thing I've heard in this thread yet

It was a little tough if it makes you feel better, but honestly, you could've made it more difficult, a few more enemies would've done it, and also, the architecture is ugly, it's the same hell texture over and over again, It looks hideous, and not to mention the placement of the enemies, A few blasts from the BFG could wipe them all out, And not to mention that the raising pillars are stupidly fucking easy, they just attack each other, and the start of it is just bloody annoying, because the Arachnotrons are blocking the path to the damn BFG (Which proved a bit frustrating, seeing as I only had a 3 second time limit to reach it). If you want to challenge me with a slaughter map, try a bit harder next time, please, I thought it was a joke, and not to forget it looked like you put not a single god damn thought into it.

Because you made one map in one hour and made a whole thread about it.

So please get some actual mapping experience (none of those self-proclaimed jokewads) before attempting to make a speedmap in one hour and not being even able to beat it without some cheap saving.