Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave The Daring

Easiest megawads to stream so I don't look like a total pussy..

Thread title says it all really. When it comes to Doom, I'm bad, I'm sad and I'm, er, bad again.

But seriously, I struggle on the Doom 2 IWAD UV. I would really appreciate a list of megawads I could stream on easier difficulties that won't make me look like, well, me.

Look, just give me easy wads I can play on easy difficulties please so I don't look like a total fool on stream, even though that's exactly what I am.. You dig?

Thank you.

I love you all.

xxx

^Those are kisses by the way. Treasure them.

I would suggest,
Doom 2 the way id did
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/d2twid

Perditions Gate
http://visionsofdoom.us/wads/perdgate.zip

TVR!
https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/85140-revolution-midi-pack-project/

If you havent checked out all the official doom stuff I would say play Master Levels of doom 2 and Doom 64 (EX).

It's a struggle to think of map sets that are close to doom 2's difficulty pretty much anything is harder than it, with the exception of original Doom and Doom 64.

I think Memento Mori or Twilight Zone could fit in your request. Twilight Zone doesn`t have so many monsters,even my 10 years brother could beat it on easier skills.

I know how you feel, but when I first started playing UV (just 1-2 months ago), I realised this the only difficulty that counts. Playing on HMP, my mind was mostly relaxed most of the time and hence I kept dying and lost interest quickly in the map.

But when I started up the map with UV, I was suddenly alert and excited about the experience, even though it's the same map. Sure I still died, but then I restarted the level once more out of sheer happiness. IDK what UV had over me, but I won't go back. I still get ass whooped on UV, but then again I get ass whooped on HMP too. UV is where the really shit is.

Anyways, try Zone 300

MysteriousHaruko said:

I think Memento Mori or Twilight Zone could fit in your request. Twilight Zone doesn`t have so many monsters,even my 10 years brother could beat it on easier skills.

Outrageous Videos said:

That's not saying much really
My 7 year old cousin beat hell revealed 2 map 13 on uv (said I'd give her candy as a joke thought she'd never beat it)
Some easy wads I recommend are requiem, final doom is around the same difficulty as doom 2
Cyberdreams is pretty easy and so is scythe 1

Memento Mori, Requiem, Cyberdreams, Scythe, Master Levels, and even Final Doom are a bit tougher than Doom 2 (especially Plutonia as it is way too difficult). I think this person is after megawads that are like very easy, you know, rookie level, more or less around Doom 2's difficulty. While I agree with The Twilight Zone, Perdition's Gate, TVR!, and Doom 2 the Way Id Did, here's some others I know that fit in the category.

- Icarus: Alien Vanguard
- Demonfear
- Dimensions of Time
- BF_THUD!
- The Complete Raven Series
- The Talosian Incident
- Invasion 2
- Project X
- The Twilight Zone 2

I'd say scythe 2 but it gets a bit unfair in the last 5 or so maps, which is a shame.

Pirate Doom wasn't too hard if I remember correctly. It had it's moments, but what's a good wad without it's challenges?

Way back when I used to play 1024.wad to slowly improve my skills, perhaps it'd be of use to you too?

I found Epic 2 playable on my mobile phone when on lower difficulties, so I would suggest that megawad too!

And finally, if I am allowed to toot my own horn, I'd suggest Skulldash, many people have suggested it was a bit on the easy side and could do with more enemies and the likes on higher difficulties.

You've got many hours worth of fun provided to you in this thread. :)

The following are wads that were pretty palatable for me in one sitting. I play UV with no saves and pistol starts

Zone 300 - zone300.wad
BioWar - biowar.wad
Joe Ilyas lost maps 2 - lost2map
Dimensions of Time - dot.wad
Plutonia 1024 - pl1024.wad
Killing Adventure - killadve.wad
Doom 2 The Way Id Did - d2twid.wad
Dark Covenant - darkcvnt.wad

The Final Doom IWADs and The Master Levels or No Rest For The Living (nerve.wad) make you feel like a tough guy without having to be one.

Short Episodes are always a treat

Talosian Incident - talos.wad
Crusades (Ultimate Doom) - crusades.wad
The Darkening E1 - darken.wad
Killzone 2 - killzon2.wad
And the Bloodshed Began - atbb.wad
Vae Victus 2 - vv2.wad
Kuchitsu - kuchitsu.wad
Iditarod - iditarod.wad
Scythe X - scythex.wad
Mercuria Experiment - mercura.wad

You could also try some Doom 1 megawads if they dont bore you to death for freedom from chaingunners, revenants, and archviles.

External Doom - external.wad
Doom The Way Id Did - dtwid.wad
Needs More Detail - (I forget the file name)

Cynical said:

Picking an easy wad will make you look like more of a pussy than dying a lot in a hard wad.

YEAH FUCKING NODEATH FDA SUNLUST WITHOUT DYING OR GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE YOU SCRUB!!!

WE DONT TOLERATE NOOBS AROUND HERE!!! IF YOU DONT GET 35 FRAGS ON ME IN CLASSIC MAP01 U GET BANNED AND UR MAPS GET DELETED FROM THE ARCHIVE!!! CYNICAL PLAYS ME 2MORROW AT DAWN!!!

...Wat?

(I specifically said "dying a lot" was fine, and, in fact, not likely to make one look like a pussy...)

The sensible approach is to play wads you like (or think you will like), and ban anyone who calls you a pussy in your streamchat.

Isn't avoiding challenge typically the thing that gets one called a pussy? This seems backwards to me.

dew said:

YEAH FUCKING NODEATH FDA SUNLUST WITHOUT DYING OR GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE YOU SCRUB!!!

Would really like to see the No Death FDA that involves dying.

Tarnsman said:

Isn't avoiding challenge typically the thing that gets one called a pussy? This seems backwards to me.

Asking for a wad that won't curbstomp him at his current skill level is quite far from "avoiding challenge". He admits that he struggles with Doom 2 on UV. Punishing yourself with something retardedly difficult and just dying over and over on stream is the Doom equivalent of recording yourself inhaling ground peppers or something. If you're stuck on the concept of "looking like a total pussy", okay you're right maybe. He'd prove he has limitless balls, he'd just "look like a total fool" instead. Let him grow into the Sunlust shoes gradually, k?

I'm only stuck on the "look like a total pussy" aspect because it's literally in the thread title.

The only person who would call someone a "total pussy" for sucking at Doom is also the very same person who would call them a "total pussy" for choosing to play WADs that more line up with their skill level instead of playing hard shit for the sake of playing hard shit like a "real man" and a "true doomer".

Do you understand the confusion now?

If you like adventure and atmosphere in your megawads, Hellbound is one I found to be quite good for "Half-Life" esque kind of gameplay while not being too hard overall: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/59814-hellbound-updated/

Along similar lines, Hellcore is also suggested (I haven't played this one yet so cannot confirm if it's difficult or not though): https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/hellcore

footman said:

Memento Mori 1 and 2, as well as Requiem aren't too difficult in the grand scheme of things.

Though they're slightly above Doom 2's difficulty, equally as tough as Evilution. Even so, those are better to start out with than taking on the harsher wads like Plutonia, Hell Revealed, Alien Vendetta, etc.

For more traditional gameplay you might try:
The Journey - Maps 29 and 30 are more intense but the rest are fun easier maps.
Bloody Rust - Def closer to Plutonia in difficulty. But they are very fun maps imo.

If you want to try slaughter or departures from traditional gameplay:
Rush - one of the most fun slaughter wads and imo the ultimate intro to slaughter.
Altitude - if you want an easier, but still very good, miasma-ish map give this a try.

Also def check out the rest of the wads mentioned by other people in this thread. They are pretty good =).

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm merely trying to avoid stress because as an older gamer, I could literally drop dead any time.

Tarnsman said:

Isn't avoiding challenge typically the thing that gets one called a pussy?

No.

Tarnsman said:

I'm only stuck on the "look like a total pussy" aspect because it's literally in the thread title.

No it isn't.

Try Vile Flesh, I say. It's pretty chilled out (at least played with carryovers, from pistol-starts you get more oddball balance in places) over its whole duration, and you don't really hear much about it these days, could use a little sugar.

Go ahead and play one of those hard mapsets, like chillax or whatever, but use my opweapons. These weapons were made with slaughtermaps in mind, and they are over-the-top overpowered, but the file is tiny because it is code-only, mostly DECORATE, but there are also GLDEFS and DECALDEFS. It should run fine in the latest (G)ZDoom, and in the latest Zandronum 3.0 beta, and I would be surprised if it didn't run in QZDoom, too.
You don't need to bind any special keys, but the weapons do all have alt-fires, and there is an inventory item to use.

Keep in mind that you don't have to play on UV and many of the harder megawads may still be enjoyable on HNTR for your skill level. That opens up quite a few more options for wads to play, although I haven't done any on HNTR myself.

Dave The Daring said:

No it isn't.

Am I being glass lighted here? Is the title of this thread not "Easiest megawads to stream so I don't look like a total pussy.."?

Demon of the Well said:

Try Vile Flesh, I say. It's pretty chilled out (at least played with carryovers, from pistol-starts you get more oddball balance in places) over its whole duration, and you don't really hear much about it these days, could use a little sugar.

Ooh good call, I really enjoyed that one.

Dave The Daring said:

Look, just give me easy wads I can play on easy difficulties please so I don't look like a total fool on stream, even though that's exactly what I am.. You dig?

Umm... Some people enjoy watching others die, especially if you went down amazingly/honourably/hilarious eg killed 90 monsters, then died via wrong step. As long as the viewers enjoy it.

Although if you're saying that you die killing a few to nil number of monsters, then it truly is horrible. If you want to play easy wads on the easiest difficulty, then pretty much any wad is recommended, since you'll be playing on easy anyway.

Regularly play on UV to find your best approach and you'll be master (or close to one) soon.
Practice makes perfect.

Got no more WADs to recommend though.