Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Very nice, only the use of wooden/metal doors in an otherwise modern looking building is a bit strange perhaps.

Memfis said:

Very nice, only the use of wooden/metal doors in an otherwise modern looking building is a bit strange perhaps.

That's true. I'll consider changing them.

Given that this is the third map (and in itself is 1/3 to completion) I'd call this "looks like you'll definitely be getting an Ultimate Doom episode from Jay".

^ Looks like something from The Shores of ZDoom - which is good, as long as you actually finish your project, as opposed to TSOZD. :)

Nice city maps! I've also made some progress on my "city" map. ;)
Edit: Just noticed some 'high quality' texture alignment.

bzzrak said:

Sweet! SP_FACE1 looks funny as a sky texture.

(one thing though, the red key door trims on the 2nd shot count as textures too. Use red torches or something instead.)
[...]

Believe it or not, I managed to miss a post on this forum. Yeah, I'll get to it. I saw this megawad as a gimmicky idea, hence the RL and chainsaw as the only weaponds - then I realized that people are actually trying to do some maps for it that look more than just good. Progress in my mapping for this megawad is low due to stuff but I'll get back on track eventually. If this particular map doesn't end up quite early in the final megawad I might have to change the limited weapon selection in it into a more standard fare.

Thanks !

Jayextee said:

Given that this is the third map (and in itself is 1/3 to completion) I'd call this "looks like you'll definitely be getting an Ultimate Doom episode from Jay".

This is great news. I've already enjoyed the hell out of 900 Deep In The Dead, so I'm totally looking forward to this.

I'm currently working on my first ever map for the Doomworld Mega Project 2017. I might put up some pictures in here in the future when I move onto the texturing/detailing of the map, after the gameplay has been correctly established.

Very early work on a little easter egg. Hopefully at least one person will get what this is supposed to be ;)

Cacodemon9000 said:

Almost finished my new map.

Have you considered adding more red and grey? ;)

Looks really excellent! The styling is very well preserved throughout.

Almost finishing my Reclipse project. It will take some weeks to finish map 29 and the last one, though.

I'm making a WAD where you get sent to a abandoned UAC base because demonic activity was detected in it (Not sure if that's been done, really). That's the story I can think of so far, i'm learning more about DOOM Builder the more I make the maps.

It takes me an absurd amount of time (and not because of over ambition) to finish maps.
This is my first project, It's a Boom map set called the Demon.
I released a demo of the first map awhile ago, if you go looking for it the link is probably dead.
Since that time I have made some improvements on it.

Spoiler

Map01 The mouth of the Demon

Map02 The teeth of the Demon

Map03 The throat of the Demon

Map04 The stomach of the Demon

All screenshots were taken with nomonsters

This only needs one more map before it's complete.
I haven't started on the last map yet, but I know I have to push myself if i want to be a better mapper.
The flow of my maps is something that needs improved, they need more open areas that aren't just big rooms with hallways attached to them.
I am the most proud of the area that is shown in in the first screenshot of map04 but I know I have to out do it, or putting the effort into finishing this would be a waste of time.

Saint_Guy said:

Map01 The mouth of the Demon
Map02 The teeth of the Demon
Map03 The throat of the Demon
Map04 The stomach of the Demon

Oh god, do I dare to guess the name of the final map?

Instead of pics, how about a video

WIP of a wad that I am making off the cuff, this is maps02/04/08.
I have done maps 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8 so far. Once I get the first 11 maps done then I might post a thread about it.
Apologies for the crackly sound at times, not sure what caused it.