Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xindage

zdoom derivates, Intro

from what i know zdoom based porst support a map string called TITLEMAP. (more info about it in https://zdoom.org/wiki/TITLEMAP) so i was thinking freedoom can have one of theses in future, ever being simple we can do something to distract zdoom engine users.

what you guys think of this idea?

Note: sorry if this topic was useless.

Juicy.

Although it's going to need some basic scripting to look good. Examples

- Something like Doom 64's titlemap: showing off a fight and how the protagonist gets away.

- Or maybe just a burning barrel set in the middle of nowhere, with bodies everywhere

- Or a bunch barrels that change into burning barrels insantly via "exploding" while the camera keeps moving in a 360 degrees loop.

Anythings possible. If a TITLEMAP is put in the IWADs, it won't affect vanilla compatibility at all. It'll be an added bonus for those that run it in ZDoom.
But I think Freedoom should get finished first, then stuff like that can be added.

Voros said:

Juicy.

Although it's going to need some basic scripting to look good. Examples

- Something like Doom 64's titlemap: showing off a fight and how the protagonist gets away.

- Or maybe just a burning barrel set in the middle of nowhere, with bodies everywhere

- Or a bunch barrels that change into burning barrels insantly via "exploding" while the camera keeps moving in a 360 degrees loop.

Anythings possible. If a TITLEMAP is put in the IWADs, it won't affect vanilla compatibility at all. It'll be an added bonus for those that run it in ZDoom.
But I think Freedoom should get finished first, then stuff like that can be added.

that's a good idea!

We have minor tweaks for GZDoom that don't impact compatibility with any other port, but that's about as far as we should go. TITLEMAP would send the wrong message about Freedoom being targeted for GZDoom.

Demos aren't really a unique thing for vanilla, since at least some of the advanced source ports can play them back too.