Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Speed Master (Russian Speedmap Compilation 2014-2016)

Here is a 32 level compilation based on three Russian speedmapping contests that happened between 2014 and 2016. Unlike with Whitemare 1 & 2, this time the maps remained largely unchanged except for critical bugs, so don't expect the same level of quality. Hopefully you will still find some fun in here. There are also 4 non-speedmaps we added to get a complete package.

Download [Boom format]

I see my maps! =D I also notice that they had different names to what I originally gave them, so would you be able to rename them please? The first one was called Demesne of the Sleepless and the second was called Divine Malediction. Hopefully that isn't too much trouble.

Sorry, it looks like we lost your map names at some point. I'll ask Dragon Hunter to change them (he did most of the compiling work).

Oops, wad rejected from /idgames due to copyrighted music. I wonder if there is a good midi of Giygas theme?

Memfis said:

Oops, wad rejected from /idgames due to copyrighted music. I wonder if there is a good midi of Giygas theme?

Believe me, I'd have used a MIDI if I could. Would Ogg Vorbis be passable, perhaps? I recall possibly one of the Whitemare megawads using an .ogg from Resident Evil 3, so it should be fine.

Well, back then Ty Halderman was in charge and he was a lot more lenient with this stuff. Not sure if these songs would pass today. I dunno, they didn't specify which files exactly are problematic.

Just finished the first episode. There's some really cool stuff but I guess I'm missing that the maps could be reworked like in Whitemare 1/2. There even the more simple or small maps have better chances to stand out, which isn't happening here and overall this wad feels more like a mixed bag. But maybe I shouldn't really compare these wads. Btw the sectors around the exit pad in MAP10 are damaging, is that intended?

Edit: Oh, and MAP14 has an unknown thing type (thing #80).

Finally I finished the whole thing, and I guess that most of my disappointment went away. Some maps are less good than the others but it's to be expected and it doesn't matter that much, the good and interesting maps are in the majority. In particular I was really impressed by MAP05. Thanks for sharing the wad. As last thing I found that in MAP24 the sector 176 is missing a sky transfer.