Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uniQ

What do you do while waiting for D3?

I "watched" some q1 tanebrae today...it looks nice and features some d3 gfx effects - but it's q1. doh.

hmmm...q3 starts to get boring for me. ut2k3 looks nice but plays like crap. u2 is far away from completition...

maybe i'll watch the very little d3 footage again and again till next spring. argh. i have no life. shoot me!

what do you do while waiting for d3?

U2 will be out i think in november or dec...according to game post they have a release date in november. so i think that will be out soon. seems like all the really good FPS are still not out or not ready
DOom 3
kreed
breed---that demo will be out OCT 1st
so right now i have been playing SOF2 and Command and Conquer renegade and some all FPS...
just cant wati till Doom 3 is out or i hate waiting.

I have lots of stuff to keep me busy.
Writing storys, doing various art, moderating etc.

I go to school, listen to music, do my homework, watch films on TV, play games, go out on Saturday's.. That's pretty much it. And ofcourse I fantasize about Doom III a lot.

/me looks for a cryo chamber...anyone? i would set it to 30-APR-2003. hmmmm....will one of my collegues miss me? i fear all of our oracle db servers will crash and our c++ progs will start to explode the day I freeze myself...

uniQ said:

what do you do while waiting for d3?

Make sweet love down by the fire (with my girlfriend of course)

And metal music works wonders, can pass hours away without you noticing

heh

i sit around picking my nose..........lol

nah actully school, lifting wieghts, sleeping, homework, making money, playing games.......oh wait there arnt any worth playing right now, umm more sleeping, hanging with my gurl
pretty much having a life lol......but i still cant wait for this game to get finished!!!!!! its gunna sweet finaly somthing worth playing

Playing Willi Hammes' test map for Tenebrae. The closest you can get to the visual quality of Doom III, if you don't believe me check out these shots :

yummie - tenebrae (=darkness) - like i said in post #1 - this mod is nice but it's q1.

btw: the reflexions in the window look very authentic. i suggest dl willi's testmap
http://www.3dluvr.com/willi/

hmmmm....didn't willi started to create a lovely q3 map he never made public? i can remember some shots from it wich were very impressive...

Yeah that testmap is killer. It may be 'only quake 1', but that level is the most graphically impressive thing I have played.

uniQ said:

yummie - tenebrae (=darkness) - like i said in post #1 - this mod is nice but it's q1.

btw: the reflexions in the window look very authentic. i suggest dl willi's testmap
http://www.3dluvr.com/willi/

hmmmm....didn't willi started to create a lovely q3 map he never made public? i can remember some shots from it wich were very impressive...

U mean that doom 3 like map for quake 3?

no. a new quake3 map for...trara...quake3. once there were some shots on his site but he never(?) released that map. it looked very good and was very detailed.

what he had released were some q3 wallpapers and that tenebrae test map.

btw: a doom3 mpa for quake3?! hell. d3 is definitly not out. how should he be able to convert one?!

Eat, Drink, Sleep, Fuck, Breath and generally live from day to day.

Come on. Doom isn't everything. Honest.

well, first thing: Make sure new computer is finished! there will be some kind of multiplayer LAN DoomIII going on here launch day.

second thing: keep mapin'

third thing: support my consoles. some internet stuff for them is around and it looks interesting.

fourth and most important thing...because it's the fourth, uh, thing: PLAY DOOM

playing drums alot, building my muscles, playing UT2003, listen to music, training my mental capacity and meditating and doing homeworks.

Play: GTA3 (I'm stuck @ 94 packages =), RTCW (multi), E1 Shareware (ah yes, the memories =), Deus Ex (this and Doom are the two games i've spent the most time playing).

I'm also looking at video hardware, and drooling over what I can't afford, and what i'm going to likely buy to run Doom3 with all the goodies enabled.

Try to understand my incredible temper and how to regulate it, browse forum boards, feel my blood hit 200 degrees when I read some idiot ranting, feel it hit 300 when other idiots agree with him, throw the mouse against the wall, get p'oed the next day I think about it...

The *twitch* usual.

Seriously, what do you guys suggest for a really bad temper?

Staying away from forum boards for awhile might help...