Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fonze

Quester's Fest - On /Idgames!

NfoWHD3l.png

/idgames link
Quester's Fest is a short, Boom (-complevel 9), rocket-centric, slaughter-ish, lightly-puzzle-y-but-not-much-really speedmap I made while helping a buddy get into mapping. We mapped for about 3.5 hours, followed by about 30 minutes of testing and bug fixes. I didn't finish in time, so I went back later for another hour of work. UV will kill you a few times; HMP is a much easier, more casual experience. Uses textures from Jimmy and a sky from Mech. Midi comes from Fester's Quest NES game. Just my map again, unfortunately. I hope you enjoy playing as much as I did creating and testing. Good luck and have fun :)

Demo

Heh

Demos and feedback always appreciated.

Special thanks to Jimmy and Mech.

Edited by Fonze

Cool one. This one is a lot more viscerally fun than "Phrygia" imo.

Maxing this one is pretty damn tricky (much harder than simply exiting it) because there isn't quite enough ammo, so you have to hope the SMM infights with stuff or gets stuck somehow. Demo.

edit: I just watched your demo, seems like that was the intended idea. :)

Nice run rd! I'm glad you liked the map; truthfully I thought I did worse than last time, though that could have just been looking at it directly after the session. The extra, hectic hour it seems wasn't in vain, which makes me happy. I felt the SM was a bit undercooked an idea, though SM vs melee mobs scenarios are always fun since the thing that happens is less luck-based than one might think; still, player-forced infighting as a strategy is generally not good so that prolly could've been better. But a mass of imps just makes me smile with a RL handy, so I figure if nothing else, blasting imps is always fun.

Thanks for the demo and feedback!

Here, have a crappy FDA that can serve as an exemplary illustration of my "reach near-death state and start actually thinking before doing anything stupid after that" MO. For funsies alone.
Took a note of that midi, too.

When I read "casual on HMP", I started an FDA for this. Pieces of my ass are still lying on that lake at the first room.

But nice job Fonze! I watched the demos, it's pretty good.

This was surprisingly easy on UV, beat it on my first try, here's an FDA : https://www.doomworld.com/vb/attachment.php?postid=1717479

I could've done a max on my first try, but to be honest, letting the demons munch on the SMM to death would be boring, definetly put 5 more rocket boxes or put a bfg in the monster invasion alcove with no cells.

I have nothing else to say, solid effort, generally interesting and engaging from top to bottom.

Thanks for the feedback and demos y'all! Lol Darch. I'm surprised dem and joe survived so well in the lake from the start; I had figured the lack of health down there would necessitate pushing to the MS, but y'all did quite well, holding on to the last breath on the first run, hehe.

Thank you all for your time :)

Gameplay is not my cup of tea and I died not few times but dozens of times before rage-quit, textures and architecture are cool so I'll try another time :)

Hey, sorry to hear that Paul; glad you liked the look/build though. Maybe next time! Thanks for playing :)