Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

if worst comes to worse...

If the doom movie turend out to be shit, would you see it anyway?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. If the doom movie turend out to be shit, would you see it anyway?

• Yep. I\'m a doom fanboy and it is my duty to see it.
    • I will not support Hollywood bastardization of what I hold dear!

it is definatly goin gto be shit if it is only released as a pg-13! so what is the point in watching, i might aswell rent out flubber and have a laugh at robin williams.

It's highly unlikely that I'll watch the movie. But then, I pretty much never watch any movies so it's kind of moot.

I'll see it. but whether its at the theatre or at home depends on the previews and trailers. thats how I base what movies I see.

With the possible exception of Tron, no movie based on a video game has ever been any good. In fact, some turn out to be some of the very worst movies.

I'll watch it anyway to write shitty reviews about it all over the fucking internet and scare people away from the movie.

Ichor said:

With the possible exception of Tron, no movie based on a video game has ever been any good. In fact, some turn out to be some of the very worst movies.

to be finicky, Tron wasn't actually based on a video game, but it did spawn a lot of games based on the film. But yes i can see what you mean, but tron was based on the 'concepts' of video gaming which makes it kinda different from those actually based on specific games (mortal combat, tomb raider, res evil, mario, etc)

yeah, I need to see it. I don't hope it turn out shit like the other computer game movies (most of them).
Let us see... :)

Torn

Ichor said:

What about Mario Bros? You can't tell me that you didn't enjoy watching Mario and Luigi meeting girls at social gatherings.

AndrewB said:

What about Mario Bros? You can't tell me that you didn't enjoy watching Mario and Luigi meeting girls at social gatherings.

Heh, AndrewB liked the fat chick. She made him happy in his pants.

You won't know if it's good or bad until you go and see it. When that time comes, if you haven't seen it, you shouldn't assume that it's bad just because everyone else says it's bad, because everyone's perception of bad is different.

Anyways, I probably won't see it in the theater. I hardly ever go to the movies. (The last movie I saw in a theater was The Phantom Menace.)

If it's good or bad is your opinion and not of some critic. Of course I'd watch the movie, so I would know what you're all talking about in this forum after it's shown.

Hm, I am a Doom fanboy, but for exactly that reason, I won't see it if 99% of the people from this forum who have watched it say that it is the worst thing ever.
I'll probably read some reviews (both professional and not-so professional) before deciding whether to see it.

Sod what other people think. Everyone hated Resident Evil, wheras i loved that film. Mortal Kombat was pretty good (better than fucking Streetfighter). Mario was extremely weird, and... meh, can't think of any others offhand.

Spike said:

Sod what other people think. Everyone hated Resident Evil, wheras i loved that film. Mortal Kombat was pretty good (better than fucking Streetfighter). Mario was extremely weird, and... meh, can't think of any others offhand.

I saw Mortal Combat and found it ok - but I'm not a Mortal Combat fan, yet I can imagine that the MC fans were pissed that the movie had no gore in it. I also saw the sequel - that one, however, sucks soo hard. MC: Annihilation has no real story, the heroes just run around, fight some baddies and...that's it really.

If the Doom movie is just as good as the first MC movie, I'll wait until it comes on video.
Of course I hope that it will be far better than the MC movie, but that seems a bit unlikely.

Sigh. I voted #2, but I'll probably wind up seeing it even if it sucks. it needs to be a Horror movie. not an action movie. maybe a mix of the two, like Aliens.

Mario was fun. I liked the jumpin' boots. And the tiny headed Goombas.

Submerge said:

Sigh. I voted #2, but I'll probably wind up seeing it even if it sucks. it needs to be a Horror movie. not an action movie. maybe a mix of the two, like Aliens.

It can ONLY be an action/horror mix if it's to be a vaguely decent Doom movie - I'll cringe if it's a straight action movie and I'll equally cringe if it's a straight horror movie.

Since the chumps are aiming at PG-13 that would exclude the horror part meaning a straight action movie, BAH!
/Me cringes already