Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iiHATElosing

please help me

Hello Doomworld, knowing that this is my very first post here, i have a very confusing question to ask: one day i downloaded the wad: Zombie Torrent 2 (ztorrentv_2_5.wad), and as i started enjoying how nicely made the gameplay mechanics were and the juicy gibs, i noticed that some textures were missing. i normally play all of my wads on GZDoom 2.3.0, and sometimes the latest zandronum for doomseeker. i have this problem on both source ports! whenever i walk into some room, i end up seeing a bunch of blue/white checkers everywhere, anad when i open the console, i see the issues of the source port saying that the textures are unknown. is there any way i can fix this and put all the textures in the right place?

Maybe the textures are in a separate wad that you're supposed to load together with the map wad, specially if there are multiple wads in the zip that you've got the wad from. Or if there is a textfile, it might mention some specific texture pack needed to be loaded with the wad.

^ And here's why:

DW forum FAQ">

Please do not post the same thread in multiple sub-forums. Choose the most appropriate sub-forum for your topic and post there only. The majority of our users read most or all of the sub-forums, not just one or two.

Copy paste the startup log here. Chances are there's a seperate texture wad or you're using the wrong IWAD or even the WAD is missing/unfinished TEXTURE lumps. Maybe something else too.

sorry for posting the same thread on different catergories, I didnt really know where to post at first. I know im using the right iwad which is doom 2. its really funny because when I go to the zombie torrent 2 server online on doomseeker, all of the textures are there where they should be! so I looked at the wads I downloaded for the server and it asked for skulltag actors. so I went to wad-archive.com and got whatever I can find, and STILL, the console tells me the textures are unknown!

ok, i have the skulltag actors, but i dont know how to add them to the souce port, i tried to drag and drop with the pk3 file ive been having so much trouble on, but i keep getting an error message that cancels the execution! then i tried to activate it with my ZDL, and the same thing happened! how do i add the skulltag actors!?

If you hold ctrl and click to select the multiple files you want, you can then drag multiple files to the exe so it launches with all of them.

i use a .exe alled ZDL, and it helps me get organize my iwads, and souce ports, external files would be my wads and pwads. my problem is that whenever i add the skulltag actor pwad, the source port doesnt launch. this includes zandronum!

Load skulltag_actors first then skulltag_data.

Skulltag_actors has stuff that was built into Skulltag but is not built into Zandronum, and skulltag_data needs that stuff. In turn, things made for Skulltag need skulltag_data, which Skulltag automatically loaded, but Zandronum doesn't.

ok, so i figured it out. yes, i needed skulltag actors to start the pwad, but the souce port i used which was zandronum and gzdoom wasnt working, but then the updates released, and the 3.0 beta of zandronum makes it possible for me to work the wads perfectly! so i guess the problem solved itself, thank you all for the advise anyway and i hope to meet you all in a deathmatch or something