Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The story behind your custom avatar

Averagewalrus24 said:

Google searched "Pixel Walrus," and made an "almost exact copy" of one that I liked in the dimensions needed for an avatar.

Unrelated I suppose, but what was your last avatar based on? The yellow face one that is? I feel like I've seen it somewhere.

TraceOfSpades said:

^That guy reminds me of an ArchVile.

His face also has a Skeletor from the live action He-Man movie vibe as well. Only less decayed.

My orginial avatar was going to be the picture below. But I decided against it, because the small size would have killed some of the detail.

TraceOfSpades said:

^That guy reminds me of an ArchVile.

I would love to see a live action Archvile in a hypothetical Doom movie reboot.

Fulgrim said:

His face also has a Skeletor from the live action He-Man movie vibe as well. Only less decayed.

Now that you mention it, yeah I agree! It's been years since I last seen that movie.

If they want to make a proper Doom movie, it needs to be done in the style of Pink Floyds The Wall...essentially a long, long music video.

Yoshi's Island is one of my favorite games of all time, and I tend to watch a lot of speedruns done of this game. One of the speedrunners I follow on YouTube posted a couple of stills in some of his videos from the animated Super Mario Bros TV show that came out during the early 90s (I think), and one of them showed this picture of Yoshi looking thoroughly doped. I thought this was funny enough to be represented on a forum.

Fun fact: the version of the picture you see displayed as my avatar is actually a cleaned up version of that image. Because the original image looked a little messy to me, I went through the trouble of cutting out and redrawing the background by hand (yes), cleaning up the edges and adjusting the levels accordingly.

I managed to get lucky in the GTS and obtained a Spiritomb in a trade a week ago. It did cost me a Cosmog I obtained in a Wonder Trade...

But I don't regret the trade one bit, because I've bred it and now I have one with ALL PERFECT IVs. His name's Memphis, after the city in Tennessee. (Although technically, I named him after the Q3W member of the same username, who is a bit of a goof. Please keep this between you and me, okay?)

Averagewalrus24 said:

Google searched "Pixel Walrus," and made an "almost exact copy" of one that I liked in the dimensions needed for an avatar.

was it this one?

TraceOfSpades said:

If they want to make a proper Doom movie, it needs to be done in the style of Pink Floyds The Wall...essentially a long, long music video.

I like that idea! Even a musical consisting of demons, mars, shotguns and chainsaws should suffice.

DaIcemann76 said:

My current one is a variation on Tux the Linux penguin, colored light blue.

looks like one of the pingus from club penguin

roadworx said:

well, you will be in nine posts!

Gotta post harder than I do masturbate

Or be a normal 'effin human being. Hmm.

"Most of the crew—not to mention your fellow jarheads—will be leaving the ship in lifeboats. They’ll ride to the surface in air-conditioned comfort, sipping wine, and nibbling on appetizers."

“Not you , however. Oh no, you’re going to leave the Pillar of Autumn by a different method. Tell me, boys and girls . . . How will you leave?”

It was a time-honored ritual, and the ODST Marines roared the answer in unison. “WE GO FEET FIRST, SIR!”

I saw the face-palming archie in the dump of graphics from Romero last year or the year before and couldn't resist, since so much of DWF makes me face palm IRL

I saw a thumbnail on Youtube from a video about some "weird russian game" and in it appeared to be a pink monster which kind of reminded me of Doom's Demon/Pinky, I used it as an avatar simply because it looks pretty goofy.

I never played any of the Serious Sam games but after a quick google search it looks like you're correct, looks like the so called Russian game has unlicensed assets in it. :P

Wow, I thought you definetly one have been one of the people to have played SS here. Its fun, It rips many things from doom. Give it a shot when you get a chance.

I haven't been using my custom avatar for very long. It depicts a Hell Knight from Doom 3. I chose this avatar for 3 reasons. First and foremost, the Hell Knight is my favourite Doom monster (he is a pallet-swap in the original games, but I love him anyways). Second, Hell Knights look great in Doom 3 (they have more character and are aggressive). Finally, I haven't finished Doom 3 yet (I mostly play Doom 1 and 2) and the avatar has motivational purposes.