Whose map should not be included?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Whose map should not be included?

• SuperCupcakeTactics
    • Sota Poika
    • Tomato Ketchup

https://aww.moe/9xzmis.wad

Here is Tomato Ketchup's map

Also reminder that this is about whose map is NOT getting included (which is kinda strange but w/e :u), lest there be any misreadings

EDIT: incase any links aren't working:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzaaaipih21a0sm/CUPCAKE_SECRETREDUXv3.wad?dl=0 - my map

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1hF6VkkYcUBcVl1ZmhVRDFsMEE - SotaPoika's map

This poll is really unnecessary. We have a solid mapset already, it doesn't need last minute full on level changes. Changing things is a waste of time and effort. Tomato's map can just be put under map 33, or used in a different project. Sota's and my map under map 31, and Cupcake's under 32 is fine.

Oh. Hell, if we can just add a 33rd map, then fuck it. Let's just do that. I didn't know that was doable.

TraceOfSpades said:

I didn't know that was doable.

You can have as many maps as you want. Those kinds of limits only exist because of vanilla Doom's inability to modify the map flow to go over 32 maps. Even then, you can IDCLEV to 33 in vanilla I think, you just can't make MAP32 go to MAP33 for example.

Ketchup's map absolutely must be included cause it's the best of the three, most interesting layout and combat, and has some nods to the wolf maps as a bonus. Didn't really enjoy cupcake's map personally, felt like enemies were rammed into every nook just for the sake of it.

I think putting one of the maps in the map33 slot is the best solution, but in that case, Tomato Ketchup's map absolutely has to be included in the map31 slot. So the question is whose map should be put in the map32 slot.

Write-in vote: As a project leader you have to make the hard decisions like this. Crowd sourcing is ultimately pointless anyway as it probably won't be a representative sample anyway, but if there's anything to listen to it would be people involved with the project, not the poll numbers.

You can go ahead and make my map number 33 if you really want (mostly cus gosh darn it I want a release alreadyyyyy). Specify if it comes after map30 , 32, or w/e though. It'll add to my mapping history as being... mysterious in thy legend :u.

Just saying tho that I may use this map again then in some "hard" vanilla-ish mapset of mine if I make that like I'd like to someday :p(Plutonia 3: Final Revilution Doom Devilution Shores of Saturn 64 The Way id Did Re: Redux (joke title)).

ArchvileHunter said:

So the question is whose map should be put in the map32 slot.

Tomato Ketchups map is map 31, followed by Cupcakes, and Sota's will be map 33 in the final release. Ketchups beginning to his map makes his map essential to the 31 slot, and the last two are in order of apparent difficulty. That is how it will be in the final release.

rdwpa said:

Write-in vote: As a project leader you have to make the hard decisions like this. Crowd sourcing is ultimately pointless anyway as it probably won't be a representative sample anyway, but if there's anything to listen to it would be people involved with the project, not the poll numbers.

The poll isn't even being considered anymore since I found out that we can have a map 33.