Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ranhcase

Boom compatible source ports(?)

(this is surely a dumb question but anyway). I would like to know what are the Boom compatible source ports, as i'm making a map in the Boom format, and i would like to play test it with something other than GZDoom

It's easier to list the (notable) ones that can't support Boom-compatible maps: Chocolate Doom (deliberately vanilla) and Crispy Doom (deliberately limit-removing-only).

Probably the best source port to use for playtesting Boom-compatible maps is prboom-plus, specifying either the '-complevel 9' command line argument to specify Boom 2.02 compatibility, or '-complevel 11' to specify MBF compatiblity if you're using the "sky transfer" special linedefs.

This should be a good list; that said if you want to do Boom-compatibility testing, the gold standard is to use PrBoom+ with complevel 9.

Gez said:

This should be a good list; that said if you want to do Boom-compatibility testing, the gold standard is to use PrBoom+ with complevel 9.

Thanks

grommile said:

It's easier to list the (notable) ones that can't support Boom-compatible maps

There are other notable exceptions such as JDoom (Doomsday) which doesn't yet have complete Boom compatibility.

Da Werecat said:

3DGE?

As far as I can see, it still doesn't support generalized actions, which is partial compatibility at best.

Yes, but it's in the works, as I understand it.

grommile said:

Probably the best source port to use for playtesting Boom-compatible maps is prboom-plus, specifying either the '-complevel 9' command line argument to specify Boom 2.02 compatibility, or '-complevel 11' to specify MBF compatiblity if you're using the "sky transfer" special linedefs.

Sky transfers work in prboom-plus even with -complevel 9 iirc.

I think they work with every complevel, since it's just a cosmetic feature, and being picky about it wouldn't really benefit anyone.

Unless that's changed recently.