Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nobbjob

ap_011.wad needs your help.

ap_011.wad will be the final level in that series of maps that i'm working on. need some contribution from you doomworld guys, i'm pretty stumped on what kind of style the level should have.
thanks fellas.

You could do a city-style map, and say that stepping into the teleporter at the end of ap_010.wad (assuming there is one, cos we haven't seen ap_010 yet) takes you home, only to find that it's been overrun.

How about a HR24/AV26-style BFG-fest? And maybe involving lots of possible route options using AV jumps.

This isn't inconsistent with the previous two suggestions: it is truly hellish, and you could claim it is a city whose streets the demons have flooded with toxic waste.

Thanks fellas, I would have liked some more input from others though. ap_010 is finished BTW, a large gothic city, and my first level with a cyberdemon in it. ap_011 will be VERY hellish, as it is the final level in the episode, expect a combination or ap_001 through to ap_010 in that one, needs some inspiration though - hasn't been started really.

nobbjob said:

Thanks fellas, I would have liked some more input from others though. ap_010 is finished BTW, a large gothic city, and my first level with a cyberdemon in it. ap_011 will be VERY hellish, as it is the final level in the episode, expect a combination or ap_001 through to ap_010 in that one, needs some inspiration though - hasn't been started really.

Very Hellish sounds good to me, some goods suggestions from Grazza too. It should be big, tough and a fitting end to an excellent series!

One further thought occurs to me. Do you remember Equinox? The final level was in some ways similar to the first (the idea was that it was the same spaceport: in map01 it was in the early stages of invasion, but when we returned to it in map13, it had been fully transformed by the aliens). Some well-hidden secrets in map13 could thus be found by those who remembered where there had been some more obvious secrets in map01. This enabled map13 to be made even tougher while still giving the player a chance since he was already familiar with some of the layout.

I don't remember what ap_001.wad was like; perhaps you'd need to add an ap_000.wad at the start to use this idea.