Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

*** The "ask a miscellaneous editing question" thread ***

Kappes Buur said:

Unless you use zdoom-2.8pre-807 or before do not use ZDoom, I have not tried Zan.
Some of the newer ZDoom versions will even lock up the computer.

See https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50970&p=887289
Use either GZDoom or QZDoom.

Thanks man it works on gzdoom, but it looks like i need to switch source ports too. zandronum is not bad, but he can't handle some mods properly :-/

Apart from the ZDooms and Eternity, which source ports support PNG textures and the TX_START / TX_END markers?

Mr. Trotl said:

Zandronum is not bad, but he can't handle some mods properly :-/

Zandronum is running on a very out of date copy of ZDoom. Try Zandronum 3.0 alpha. It's still out of date but by much less. However, if the mod doesn't require Zandronum, then just more to (Q/G)ZDoom, it's simpler that way! :)

Dragonfly said:

Zandronum is running on a very out of date copy of ZDoom. Try Zandronum 3.0 alpha. It's still out of date but by much less. However, if the mod doesn't require Zandronum, then just more to (Q/G)ZDoom, it's simpler that way! :)

I am still using skulltag because in Zandronum you cant look up & down at 90 degrees AND because the mouse sensitivity even all the way up was about 1/2 as responsive as skulltag. Do you know if you can look up at 90 degrees in that new version? if so; I might be interested.

You must play in hardware rendering mode to be able to look fully up and down. Either select the hardware renderer in the startup window, or type "vid_renderer 1" into the console and restart the engine.

scifista42 said:

You must play in hardware rendering mode to be able to look fully up and down. Either select the hardware renderer in the startup window, or type "vid_renderer 1" into the console and restart the engine.

WOAH! so there is a way around that? lol I like how you always have the answers somehow. That is fuckin awesome.

To clarify, 'full mouselook' is available in most/all engines with OpenGL renderers, as long as they're rendering in OpenGL. I believe PrBoom, 3DGE, GZDoom etc support this too. :)

Is there a way to make 3d floor that you can shoot through?

If I make a solid 3d floor with "invert shootability" -type projectiles still get blocked by this floor.

I want to make a floor where the player and monsters can stand on and shoot through. Non solid floor wouldn't let player and monsters stand on it.

illuknisaa said:

I want to make a floor where the player and monsters can stand on and shoot through. Non solid floor wouldn't let player and monsters stand on it.

I got yer answer right here; If there is no way to actually pull it off with 3d floors; You can still put floating bridge panels in (there is a tab called "bridges" for them) at the floor/ceiling height you want them to be & then do a height transfer to make it LOOK like an actual solid 3d floor. Motherfuckers can still shoot through it 100% of the time with bullets & shit & about 40% of the time with projectiles like fireballs & that green shit barons throw & other such fuck.

Before starting to hack away with terrible workarounds, maybe ask on the ZDoom forums. A solid floor with invert shootability should be shootable through, and if it doesn't work then there's a bug either in your map or in the code somewhere. I suspect invert shootability solid floors aren't a common feature so if they don't work anymore a lot of time can pass through without the issue being noticed, so do please report suspected bugs. Thanks.

Byeblothingal 1024 said:

I got yer answer right here; If there is no way to actually pull it off with 3d floors; You can still put floating bridge panels in (there is a tab called "bridges" for them) at the floor/ceiling height you want them to be & then do a height transfer to make it LOOK like an actual solid 3d floor. Motherfuckers can still shoot through it 100% of the time with bullets & shit & about 40% of the time with projectiles like fireballs & that green shit barons throw & other such fuck.

What do you mean by "bridges"? Do you mean bridge things or using 3d midtex? As far as I know bridges still block projectiles. I guess I could use invisible 3d midtextures and a non solid 3d floor.

Is possible in hexen format to make barrels triggering linedef action while they crosses the exact line? for clarification, i have linedef with remove thing action and i want while barrel cross the line is going remove itself. hope you understand what i mean :-)

illuknisaa said:

What do you mean by "bridges"? Do you mean bridge things or using 3d midtex? As far as I know bridges still block projectiles. I guess I could use invisible 3d midtextures and a non solid 3d floor.

bridge things. They block stuff about half the time except bullets always make it by. It was just be like a last resort thing to do if you cant do it with an actual 3D floor.

Mr. Trotl said:

Is possible in hexen format to make barrels triggering linedef action while they crosses the exact line?

Give the linedef the "monster walks over" activation type.

Does anyone know of any barrel recolors out there that turn them either brown or grey/black? I checked the ones on Realm667 and they look like they're based on barrel sprites from a different game, unfortunately

scifista42 said:

Now that there is a fine quality display of barrels ya got there. I would be proud if I owned those, are they for sale & if so: how much?

You need to give the full sprite sheet, though.

Spoiler

Cheat sheet for quick recolors:

Split in two layers. Recolor the first row, then move the second row 64 pixels to cover the recolored layer and preserve the original colors of the nukage and explosion.

Gez said:

You need to give the full sprite sheet, though.

My intention was to make the single frames just to show how easy the task is, to encourage Tango to easily make his own recolors with all frames.

I originally had a room with 2 hell knights and a baron of hell, all with a tag of 5. All three had to be defeated for the player to get out, so I had this:

Script 5 OPEN
{
While(ThingCount (T_NONE, 5))
{
Delay(1);
}
Line_SetBlocking(3,0,BLOCKF_CREATURES);
SetLineTexture(3, SIDE_FRONT, TEXTURE_MIDDLE, "-");
}

But I want the Baron to drop a key as well(handled on a different script), which would require it to have a different tag(to avoid all three of them dropping keys). I thought this would work but it has problems if you kill the baron first:

Script 5 OPEN
{
While(ThingCount (T_NONE, 7))
{
Delay(1);
}
}

And there doesn't seem to be an "and" statement so... Is there another way to make this work?

Cosmic Grain said:

But I want the Baron to drop a key as well(handled on a different script), which would require it to have a different tag(to avoid all three of them dropping keys). I thought this would work but it has problems if you kill the baron first:

Script 5 OPEN
{
While(ThingCount (T_NONE, 7))
{
Delay(1);
}
}

And there doesn't seem to be an "and" statement so... Is there another way to make this work?

What happens with your modified script is that the whiles get nested: it only runs the delay while the second while is valid, and it only runs the second while while there are living monsters with tid 5. So as soon as there are no monsters with tid 5 alive, it stops running the nested while and therefore stops running the delay.

There actually is an "and" statement. What you want is this:

Script 5 OPEN
   {
   While(ThingCount (T_NONE, 5) && ThingCount (T_NONE, 7))
   {
      Delay(1);
   }
}
&& : logical and
|| : logical or
! : logical not

With these three operators you can do all sorts of complex checks. E.g. while (condition1 && (condition2 || (condition3 && !condition4))) will run in the following cases:
*condition1 is true and condition2 is true
*condition1 is true and condition3 is true and condition4 is false

scifista42 said:

Give the linedef the "monster walks over" activation type.

So barrels are taken as monsters in zdoom, if i understand right? anyway thanks for help man, appreciating a lot.

Hello friends. I'm trying to replace the doomguy sprites with various images of alex jones in slade for use with prboom+.

So far, they work fine with gzdoom, but no luck with prboom+. The regular doomguy sprites appear instead. Just to be sure I wasn't disabled, I made a copy of the doom 2 iwad and replaced the same sprites there, and it worked.

I've had no issues replacing sprites for things like obstacles as well as replacing textures (so far), so I'm surprised that this is giving me trouble. I can't post any attachments but I can assure you that I'm using the correct names and they have been converted to doom format or whatever and they're real small and in the right spot and stuff.

help please thank you yes

Mr. Trotl said:

So barrels are taken as monsters in zdoom, if i understand right? anyway thanks for help man, appreciating a lot.

Nah it's just that "monster cross" is really more like "things other than player cross".

Gez said:

Cheat sheet for quick recolors:

What do you use for doing recolors? GIMP? Paint.net? SLADE?

How to make vanilla sky to be first instead of custom sky?Custom content overrides vanilla sky and I don't know why this happens here.