Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maisth

WATCHTOWER WAD

It's getting better. Are you finished with it. I finished it without fighting the spider master-mind.

EDIT: Sorry I missed the third wad had to kill master-mind.

It`s really good,that you know how to use some fancy gzdoom features,but you really need put your attention in more basic stuff like texture alignment,monster/item placement,because some of them are stuck. Also,don't put cyberdemon in the first level,it`s not funny,lesser demon than cyberdemon would be ok.
And add screenshots,so people will more recognize your thread.

Ed_Deth said:

It's getting better. Are you finished with it. I finished it without fighting the spider master-mind.

Thanks, yes the map is finished

i don't even know how you did it since i made the spider mastermind end the game when you kill it

MysteriousHaruko said:

It`s really good,that you know how to use some fancy gzdoom features,but you really need put your attention in more basic stuff like texture alignment,monster/item placement,because some of them are stuck. Also,don't put cyberdemon in the first level,it`s not funny,lesser demon than cyberdemon would be ok.
And add screenshots,so people will more recognize your thread.

haha thanks for the complement

Yes the texture thing i know i need to get better on those things

About the cyberdemon its was more about being on the map than anything else in level 2 it makes more sense to put the bruiser brothers since it was the original way it was designed for this map if you put attention to the experiments

also the screenshot things its right i need to put those

Observations from the first map, using QZDoom because it's what I have installed:

• The little stalactites in the starting corridor hammer the frame rate (lots and lots of tiny polygons) without actually being interesting.
  • The visual cue for the SSG secret is virtually nonexistent; there's no particular reason to believe that there's any significance to the shell boxes being next to the wall.
  • There is no visual cue for the backpack secret in the room with the chaingun.
  • Finding the trigger to open the corridor in the library is a needlessly tedious exercise in wall-humping because - again! - there is no visual cue, so the player just has to run around using all the walls until something works.
  • In the blue key room, it's possible to grab the key and leave without triggering the ambush, because the trigger lines are too close to the key so the player's centre point doesn't have to cross them in order for the player's hitbox to touch the key's hitbox. I suggest making linedefs 1937-1940 (the outer edge of the pedestal area) be the triggers instead of linedefs 1941-1944.
  • The final spectre just before the door to the room with the cacos and PEs is stuck in the walls, because the corridor at that point is only 56 units wide; even the *ZDoom engine won't let it move.
  • There is no reason to actually fight the cacos and PEs, since you can just run across the room.

grommile said:

Observations from the first map, using QZDoom because it's what I have installed:

• The little stalactites in the starting corridor hammer the frame rate (lots and lots of tiny polygons) without actually being interesting.
  • The visual cue for the SSG secret is virtually nonexistent; there's no particular reason to believe that there's any significance to the shell boxes being next to the wall.
  • There is no visual cue for the backpack secret in the room with the chaingun.
  • Finding the trigger to open the corridor in the library is a needlessly tedious exercise in wall-humping because - again! - there is no visual cue, so the player just has to run around using all the walls until something works.
  • In the blue key room, it's possible to grab the key and leave without triggering the ambush, because the trigger lines are too close to the key so the player's centre point doesn't have to cross them in order for the player's hitbox to touch the key's hitbox. I suggest making linedefs 1937-1940 (the outer edge of the pedestal area) be the triggers instead of linedefs 1941-1944.
  • The final spectre just before the door to the room with the cacos and PEs is stuck in the walls, because the corridor at that point is only 56 units wide; even the *ZDoom engine won't let it move.
  • There is no reason to actually fight the cacos and PEs, since you can just run across the room.

I Didn't even know QZDoom was compatible with my Map

On closer examination, I do have a copy of gzdoom installed.

So I've started it up in that, and other than the frame rate issue, all of my comments about the first map still apply.

grommile said:

On closer examination, I do have a copy of gzdoom installed.

So I've started it up in that, and other than the frame rate issue, all of my comments about the first map still apply.

Ill keep in mind the points you mention and see if i can fix them

In any case thanks everybody for the critics hopefully my next project will be better